Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

low oil light and low oil pressure coming on but no leak and the car is sitting still

XLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
I'm overseas with my caddy back at my mothers house so it can started occasionally, recently she's told me that my low oil light is coming on and for a second my low coolant light was too. the coolant light has stopped coming on by itself but the oil was low and the oil pressure dropped to about 20psi I had her add some oil and the pressure went to about 60psi then she stepped on the guess and she said it slowly dropped to 40 and coasted around there does anyone know what could be the problem?

The owners manual states the oil pressure should read between 20-80psi. Your gauge might read 40-60psi at startup (cold engine) and settle back to 20psi when it is properly warmed up and you should not get a "low oil pressure" warning in the DIC. This is indicative of my car after it has been sitiing for a few days.
:cool:

Our low brake fluid message came on the recently when parked on a downhill slope, then went away. We were slightly low on fluid I believe due to pad wear @ 43K miles. Topped it off.

We typically idle at 20 PSI at 190 to 210 degrees, 40+ PSI when cold.

Dave

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back