Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Mid Engine Cadillac

Army Al

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR V InfraRed/Shale 18.5K mi 11/28/14
The rumor mill is gearing up. Cadillac may have first dibs in producing a GM mid engine sport car before the Corvette. It's about time Cadillac takes the lead in the performance sport car arena. Pricing should start around $150K. Time to start saving my nickels. Perhaps in 2018 or 2019. Just DON'T use the Northstar engine. :) V12 with 750hp would be a good start.

While anything we might post is pure speculation, I think Cadillac has a high-performance, mid-engine vehicle way down near the bottom of its wish list. The luxury SUV market is where the money is, so it's fair to say, Cadillac will offer several sizes of SUVs and CUVs to gain a larger market footprint, while refining their established models and boosting advertising to get the word out. They also need to cull their dealership network, (a work in progress) to offer a consistently positive customer sales and service experience.

I really hope I'm wrong, because I would love to see a Cien type of Cadillac waving the banner for US-built, high-performance, premium automobiles. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Until then, the XLR remains a timeless testament to Cadillac's vision of what Art & Science is all about. The CTS coupe and ELR are the closest head-turners Cadillac has produced since the XLR's debut and demise.

CC :wave:

Last edited:
If everyone knows it will go to chevy in a couple if years, that would kill any Cadillac sales.
It is either all Corvette or all Cadillac. Hopefully they learned with the xlr sales figures.

Last edited:
The Zora has been spotted as a development mule on the test track. A mid engine LT5 powered 2018 vette. You never know, maybe a platform to be shared with Cadillac again.

-D Knight-

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back