Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

15th year BG plant homecoming reunion Sept 26 - 28 2018

Maybe I can't add right...... But we got our credit card statement, and some of the places we ate at in BG, seemed to add a few dollars to the bill, maybe added tip. Anyone else get this? Price of having a good time I guess!

Chad

Maybe I can't add right...... But we got our credit card statement, and some of the places we ate at in BG, seemed to add a few dollars to the bill, maybe added tip. Anyone else get this? Price of having a good time I guess!

Chad

Riff raff fee for ya! :laugh:

Actually, thanks for passing that along - I’ll put Mike on it for us.

Chad

Hey Chad, been meaning to ask you 'if' you came out all right money cost wise on The Corvette Museum Tour? I, as one of your Riff Raff Members am willing to chip in to make you whole if you came up short? Only you know the answer to this? Please let us all know.

Again thank you and Rogene so much for having taken on the organization of this Great Trip. You did an awesome job!

God Bless

Chad

Praise the LORD this day sir. It's a shame that more establishments feel its okay to reward themselves for services rendered if you don't pay attention. Thanks for the information.

DM
Preacher

Strange things happening at the Lowery household!

Sitting and watching TV Tuesday, get a phone call. Nothing unusual about that, unless we know by the caller ID who it is, we don't answer the phone! And that's a lot of phone calls! This one had a phone caller ID I've never seen. "Army Al". Strange, I know a guy from the BG meet that had that handle, (how did he get that as his caller ID??). So I answered!! It was Al!!! Make sure and get your mail Thursday, got a package coming to ya' OK. I was thinking pictures or something like that from the BG meet. That'll be cool! Thursday comes and nothing in the mail, alright, USPS, a day late and dollar short. Fridays, for Rogene and me, the big run around day. Work out, come home take a shower, go out to eat, shopping, you know X-mas is coming, after three, four stores come home, about 5ish. Get the mail, it's just junk, (you know). Well,,,, a little before 7 PM, we get this phone call, caller ID, Army Al (WOW). Package was delivered at about 2PM. Well I say there was nothing in the mail. Come to find it was a BIG box by our front door!! Didn't think to look there! WE WERE SURPRISED PEOPLE!! Where did you find jackets like that? Rogene was thinking they were from some store, but I told her I didn't think a store would have jackets like that with names like Chad and Rogene on them, DUH!!

THANKS EVERYONE!! I'll try and get some pictures posted so everyone can see the jackets! (I gotta remember how to post pic's again!) This was something we didn't expect!! AGAIN, THANKS EVERYONE!! (Makes me sorry for the riff-raff comment :lol: )

Chad & Rogene

Sitting and watching TV Tuesday, get a phone call. Nothing unusual about that, unless we know by the caller ID who it is, we don't answer the phone! And that's a lot of phone calls! This one had a phone caller ID I've never seen. "Army Al". Strange, I know a guy from the BG meet that had that handle, (how did he get that as his caller ID??). So I answered!! It was Al!!! Make sure and get your mail Thursday, got a package coming to ya' OK. I was thinking pictures or something like that from the BG meet. That'll be cool! Thursday comes and nothing in the mail, alright, USPS, a day late and dollar short. Fridays, for Rogene and me, the big run around day. Work out, come home take a shower, go out to eat, shopping, you know X-mas is coming, after three, four stores come home, about 5ish. Get the mail, it's just junk, (you know). Well,,,, a little before 7 PM, we get this phone call, caller ID, Army Al (WOW). Package was delivered at about 2PM. Well I say there was nothing in the mail. Come to find it was a BIG box by our front door!! Didn't think to look there! WE WERE SURPRISED PEOPLE!! Where did you find jackets like that? Rogene was thinking they were from some store, but I told her I didn't think a store would have jackets like that with names like Chad and Rogene on them, DUH!!

THANKS EVERYONE!! I'll try and get some pictures posted so everyone can see the jackets! (I gotta remember how to post pic's again!) This was something we didn't expect!! AGAIN, THANKS EVERYONE!! (Makes me sorry for the riff-raff comment :lol: )

Chad & Rogene
It never amazes me how GOD blesses those who's goal is always the greater good and not self.

DM
Preacher

Chad & Rogene

You guys deserve it & wow is that great of Army Al!

Chad & Rogene[/QUOTE

While Al hit us all up for some dinero, truly a worthy cause for you and Rogene. You did a great job organizing this great get together. ;) Kudos to Army Al for coming up with this idea and taking care of it.

goodies in the mail!

I received some 'goodies' in the mail this week. I had ordered this photo display at the Corvette Show in BG but asked them not to finalize and ship until after the first of November as I would not be back in Florida until then. I swear I asked for the group photo, not the cars behind as - to me, the XLR group is all about the friends and the cars are the means of getting us together. Anyway, the result is kind of cool and it is now sitting on my bar cabinet.
I also received my Dash Plaques in the mail from our gathering. Thank you for sending them to me (was that Bob?) as we arrived late and l you had left by then.

Anyway, always gotta love it when you get cool stuff in the mail. Really enjoying having the XLR down here in Florida for the winter!
:burnout:

Attachments

• 20181116_143829 (2).jpg
    20181116_143829 (2).jpg
    117 KB · Views: 361
  • 20181116_143835 (2).jpg
    20181116_143835 (2).jpg
    111 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
Here greytoad this is the best I can do with snapping pics from my phone
5fe851581fb84172d23dc9577f030726.jpg
336edf1eb9611a5dd41ac6376fb054f7.jpg

If you want and no one has done so. I can try scanning in the pic and emailing to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here greytoad this is the best I can do with snapping pics from my phone
If you want and no one has done so. I can try scanning in the pic and emailing to you?

Hi Hawkeye
I purchased the 8 x 10 photo of the group too. This thing I ordered has the photos laminated between two pieces of lexan - not something I can take apart and replace with the photo I thought I had ordered. Regardless, thanks for your efforts. Take care and Happy Thanksgiving

Greytoad I like the pic of your car with the background of the museum. I was really thinking of purchasing that. But I got the pic with me next to Amy and her xlr with the custom hood liner. Then the group pic. So I was kinda short on funds. I was thinking of doing what Amy did and the wind restrictor. But thinking more about just doing the wind restrictor now. Idk maybe change my mind between now and Christmas.

I received some 'goodies' in the mail this week. I had ordered this photo display at the Corvette Show in BG but asked them not to finalize and ship until after the first of November as I would not be back in Florida until then. I swear I asked for the group photo, not the cars behind as - to me, the XLR group is all about the friends and the cars are the means of getting us together. Anyway, the result is kind of cool and it is now sitting on my bar cabinet.
I also received my Dash Plaques in the mail from our gathering. Thank you for sending them to me (was that Bob?) as we arrived late and l you had left by then.

Anyway, always gotta love it when you get cool stuff in the mail. Really enjoying having the XLR down here in Florida for the winter!

Awesome.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

DM
Preacher

Jackets

Chad & Rogene

Ok Chad, it's over a week and still no pictures of your jackets. That's why you have Grandchildren, they can post them for you :lol:. Unfortunately, I had to leave after only 3 days at the reunion but it took that long to just collect the $6.75 from the group that couldn't shoot or drive straight for your gift. Those old gizzers (riff raffs by your definition) were just plain cheap. One person only contributed US postage stamps, (I think that was Cubby 558) how tacky but useful. The total collected at least covered the cost of the US Priority shipping but fortunately dear old Santa came through by providing your early Thanksgiving/Xmas gift. He knew how hard Rogene worked in organizing the 15th Anniversary XLR reunion. God willing, we'll have more members for the 20th Reunion. See you guys and dolls then. Happy Holidays and Happy motoring in the XLRs.

Last edited:
:laugh::laugh:Only way I knew how to get rid of those .03 cent stamps! Great job setting this up Al!

Army Al said:
..... One person only contributed US postage stamps, (I think that was Cubby 558) how tacky but useful. The total collected at least covered the cost of the US Priority box but fortunately dear old Santa came through by providing your early Thanksgiving/Xmas gift. He knew how hard Rogene worked in organizing the 15th Anniversary XLR reunion. God willing, we'll have more members for the 20th Reunion. See you guys and dolls then. Happy Holidays and Happy motoring in the XLRs.

I'll get some pictures everyone!! I promise! I'm just old, slow, dumb, stupid, tired, and RETIRED!! I wish the grand kids could do it, they're only 4, 1 1/2, and 6 mos. I going to be REALLY old going to their graduations!! :lol:

Chad

Hi Sandy! : ) Bet It's 'Warm There', Huh? Not Here. : (

You are a genius. :wave: About a week or two after we returned home from BG (FYI) I was reading an article on Hagerty's News Letter email. Guess what they listed as one of the presently fastest appreciating vehicles in the collector market? Yup, a Suburban of the vintage and equipment of the one you recently purchased. Please share your 'crystal ball' sometime, OK?

I know you are in Florida enjoying sun and warmth. Us? No warmth, and yes 'cold' High today was 19* and we have snow. It's been in this temp range for the past week, with lows around 9* to 10* at night. We are supposed to have a 'heat wave' this weekend.
:) Warming up to around 32*.

You are a genius. :wave: About a week or two after we returned home from BG (FYI) I was reading an article on Hagerty's News Letter email. Guess what they listed as one of the presently fastest appreciating vehicles in the collector market? Yup, a Suburban of the vintage and equipment of the one you recently purchased. Please share your 'crystal ball' sometime, OK?

I know you are in Florida enjoying sun and warmth. Us? No warmth, and yes 'cold' High today was 19* and we have snow. It's been in this temp range for the past week, with lows around 9* to 10* at night. We are supposed to have a 'heat wave' this weekend.
:) Warming up to around 32*.

Hey CNC, if it makes you feel any better we have been suffering a cold snap here: way below average with a number of days in the mid 60's - but we are making up for that tomorrow with a higher than average 85 & sunny. Perfect timing as we are headed to the SWFL Nationals in Fort Meyers with our wagons: the 61 Oldsmobile and the 65 Malibu. It has been great having the X here too: it is the perfect four wheeled vehicle to go for a drive in to 'no where in particular'! Sadly the Harley's are suffering neglect as we have way too many toys here. We will be experiencing the Great White North soon enough though as we are headed home for Christmas for 10 days - gonna need to find my boots and mitts.

So when you mention the Suburban: are you referring to the 1988 square body I bought for up home or the 99 Suburban we bought for here in Florida? I am guessing the 88!? We get a ton on compliments on the 99 here too. We just lowered the front end one more inch: only scuffs occasionally when you go over whoopty-bumps....... because "If it ain't scuffing - it's too high"!

As for our Crystal Ball - it does not exist. We like to think of ourselves as Trend Setters. We buy something that no one else seems to care about - finesse it and make it so cool
:cool: that everyone takes notice and the next thing you know everyone wants one! When we got our first wagon 18 years ago everyone said 'what do you want that for' and we thought 'seriously - wait till we are done'! That car in question: our 65 Malibu (it has gone thru a few revamps over the years) and she just won an award at the Menard's Super Chevy Show last month in Orlando and will be on their TV show airing tomorrow morning on Velocity. Living the dream! (all my cars are not all winners - I once owned a Gremlin back in my younger years)

Anyway, thanks for remembering the Burb, if you still have that e-newsletter can you email that to me?

TTYL Chuck & say hi to Shirley for us!

OK, I Get It! Hmm. Warm Weather. What Is That? : )

Hey CNC, if it makes you feel any better we have been suffering a cold snap here: way below average with a number of days in the mid 60's - but we are making up for that tomorrow with a higher than average 85 & sunny. Perfect timing as we are headed to the SWFL Nationals in Fort Meyers with our wagons: the 61 Oldsmobile and the 65 Malibu. It has been great having the X here too: it is the perfect four wheeled vehicle to go for a drive in to 'no where in particular'! Sadly the Harley's are suffering neglect as we have way too many toys here. We will be experiencing the Great White North soon enough though as we are headed home for Christmas for 10 days - gonna need to find my boots and mitts.

So when you mention the Suburban: are you referring to the 1988 square body I bought for up home or the 99 Suburban we bought for here in Florida? I am guessing the 88!? We get a ton on compliments on the 99 here too. We just lowered the front end one more inch: only scuffs occasionally when you go over whoopty-bumps....... because "If it ain't scuffing - it's too high"!

As for our Crystal Ball - it does not exist. We like to think of ourselves as Trend Setters. We buy something that no one else seems to care about - finesse it and make it so cool
:cool: that everyone takes notice and the next thing you know everyone wants one! When we got our first wagon 18 years ago everyone said 'what do you want that for' and we thought 'seriously - wait till we are done'! That car in question: our 65 Malibu (it has gone thru a few revamps over the years) and she just won an award at the Menard's Super Chevy Show last month in Orlando and will be on their TV show airing tomorrow morning on Velocity. Living the dream! (all my cars are not all winners - I once owned a Gremlin back in my younger years)

Anyway, thanks for remembering the Burb, if you still have that e-newsletter can you email that to me?

TTYL Chuck & say hi to Shirley for us!

I think I'd prefer your 60's and even and an occasional 85* to our present temps. :thumbsup I did say Hi to Shirley for you. Thanks! In fact she read your email with me. She says Hi back. :wave:

I am referring to your 88 Suburban per The Hagerty Article. I will log onto their site and see if (?) I can find the article. If so, I will post it here. Not sure I can find it (?), but I'll give it a shot. Must admit you guys do some really neat well thought out and tasteful mods to your vehicles. On my list is to post our X on the Registry here, and put pictures of our other vehicles on the site in "Garage".

Your 65 Malibu is a really nice vehicle as well. I can see why it won a trophy. Enjoyed the story about The Riviera.
;) Sell it, then buy it back.

My favorite thing is I actually enjoy doing my own work on our vehicles. Rebuilding engines, suspensions, etc. Recently took a deep dive in body work and repainting the truck. Actually turned out really nice after some false starts and novice mistakes. Sometimes accidentally tear up some knuckles in the process.
"Stuff Happens!" --- Not quite what the bumper sticker says, but being Cadillac Owners, this is a 'refined family site'. Right? :rolleyes:

The nice part of your return to The Frozen Tundra, is you get to leave again, and return to Sunny Florida.
;) Can't say I blame you a bit.

God Bless,
Charles and Shirley

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics