Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Navigation Disk

I think Cadillac tech posted that there is no current one. Because I asked and posted a answer :(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Cadillac tech posted that there is no current one. Because I asked and posted a answer :(.

You are correct the last update was in 2008, if I remember correctly.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I asked on the forum here awhile back. Because my xlr is a 2006. But then I don't know if mine was updated or not. I guess not because I tried to find my nephews friends house and it didn't show up on the nav. So I had to use my iPhone to figure out where to go.

How do we know if mine is up to date? Is there a date code hidden in the disk somewhere.

Thanks ill look. IF I DON'T then I guess I have to order. Ill reply after I look.

Ok went and looked mine has 2 dates on it 2002 and on the top it says 2003 ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354654854.835515.jpg and the right side of the disk says ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354654893.893428.jpg it says version 3.00. So I guess from previous post you said 2008 is the latest.

Ok went and looked mine has 2 dates on it 2002 and on the top it says 2003 View attachment 2448 and the right side of the disk says View attachment 2449 it says version 3.00. So I guess from previous post you said 2008 is the latest.

Did a quick "xlr navigation disk" ebay search... there are a few version 7 disks for sale.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...=K2gKCghBdhMAAAE65ixpoJO8&ShowAllProducts=YES
Found the site. Someone posted it over on the forums site. This is what the site said. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354662685.318423.jpg um the only thing I don't Like is the price um I wonder if its cheaper anywhere else. The only thing I don't like about eBay is what if it has scratches or is it a bad copy, a person doesn't know until its too late.

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...=K2gKCghBdhMAAAE65ixpoJO8&ShowAllProducts=YES
Found the site. Someone posted it over on the forums site. This is what the site said. View attachment 2450 um the only thing I don't Like is the price um I wonder if its cheaper anywhere else. The only thing I don't like about eBay is what if it has scratches or is it a bad copy, a person doesn't know until its too late.

You have to make sure to double check and cross reference part numbers. Do not trust that the ebay vendor is or has the proper information posted. The NAV discs are proprietary and specific to our cars and will not work on other GM/Cadillac cars and vice versa.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The pic and link is straight from the gmweb page. Then I clicked on the cadillac emblem and that brought me to the pull down tabs for make model and year. As for eBay I would get the little stuff but not the car parts. That I leave to purchase from dealership.

The v.2009 which I would think stands for version 2009 just does not seem correct, unless it's just a "generic" page. :cool:

My car is in storage, so I can't pull the disk out and look, but if you call your dealership ask them what the most up to date nav disk SKU# is, you can confirm it that way.

Go to General Motors Navigation Center - Home. They show 2009 as the latest disc for a 2004 (my car) to I think 2007. They will list the dates along with the old part that this newer disc replaces. They list the price at $199.99.

I have seen used disc 4sale on ebay for $80.00. Mine is so scrached up it won't guide you to anywhere!

Go to General Motors Navigation Center - Home. They show 2009 as the latest disc for a 2004 (my car) to I think 2007. They will list the dates along with the old part that this newer disc replaces. They list the price at $199.99.

I have seen used disc 4sale on ebay for $80.00. Mine is so scrached up it won't guide you to anywhere!

Bob check with Graytoad (Sandy) I'm sure she will work with you at lot less price even though there copies and not originals they should still work "mine did" plus they are the newest version!

Thanks Dan Gouker

Current NAV Disk

The v.2009 which I would think stands for version 2009 just does not seem correct, unless it's just a "generic" page. :cool:

Service manager for dealership I use referred me to Navigation.Com. Said that is where they get their navigation disks. As stated the current version is 2009 on that website. $199 That is a little more than the 2005 original disks offered on eBay but more current.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom