Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Need Package Separator/Luggage Barrier

S

SuperDave

My 2007 V did not come with a package separator in the trunk. I'd like to add one to help keep packages in place, does anyone have one for sale? Are they available from the dealer separately?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

My 2007 V did not come with a package separator in the trunk. I'd like to add one to help keep packages in place, does anyone have one for sale? Are they available from the dealer separately?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Are you talking about the net that fastens from one side to the other? If that is what is missing I think your dealer can order one for you. I think they are the same net used on the SRX and the DTS, probably on the CTS also.

I believe they are the same, I know the one in ours was the same as the one in my CTS.

I hope he is talking about the cargo net and not the barrier you need to put the top down so you don't destroy the top.

I am, indeed, referring to the barrier designed to keep the top from being closed when packages are in the trunk. My V didn't come with the barrier, it only came with slivers of wood crammed into the slots to allow the top to function without the barrier in place.

I'd love to have the correct setup back there, does anyone happen to have one lying around or know if they are available separately from a dealer?

Thanks for the replies!

Dave

I'd look for one thru a salvage operation. It is a needed piece.

Bob

I am, indeed, referring to the barrier designed to keep the top from being closed when packages are in the trunk. My V didn't come with the barrier, it only came with slivers of wood crammed into the slots to allow the top to function without the barrier in place.

I'd love to have the correct setup back there, does anyone happen to have one lying around or know if they are available separately from a dealer?

Thanks for the replies!

Dave
Wow ..... I'd be curious to know how it became missing on one of the newer models .... :confused:

I'll check my collision repair software tomorrow and report back with availability and cost

Dave,

Check the following, it has the part you are looking for: (gmpartsdirect.com)

Put in your year, model, etc., go to rear body panel area, them interior trim and you will see Partition panel click on that.

It is item #3, the price is $207.46--doesn't show any discount. You may want to check with a dealership and see what they would charge you for it.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

With my discount, I can get it to you for $190 including shipping. PM me if you want me to get it for you. I will PM you back with address to send $.

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it!

The barrier was missing when I bought the car, I can only guess that it was somehow broken and non-functional so the previous owner removed it. I'd hate to close the top on a forgotten package, I'd like to get the part installed before the top mechanism is damaged.

mtrocket: Thanks for the offer! I will check the price at my local dealer tomorrow if possible, I will get back to you ASAP!

Dave

Thank you all for the replies, I appreciate it!

The barrier was missing when I bought the car, I can only guess that it was somehow broken and non-functional so the previous owner removed it. I'd hate to close the top on a forgotten package, I'd like to get the part installed before the top mechanism is damaged.

mtrocket: Thanks for the offer! I will check the price at my local dealer tomorrow if possible, I will get back to you ASAP!

Dave

Without that part I would not lower my top as it will cause serious damage. Did you buy your X from a private party or a dealer? Just curious as I can't believe a dealer would sell one without the part.

I bought my car from a dealership, but it wasn't a Cadillac dealership. I didn't know that the part was that important so I did not work it into a deal.

Without the barrier I am simply careful when I put things into the trunk or lower the top. I would prefer to have the safety of the the barrier, I'd hate to damage the top mechanisms.

Thanks again for the advice!

Dave

With my discount, I can get it to you for $190 including shipping. PM me if you want me to get it for you. I will PM you back with address to send $.
can you still get this part for $190 shipped -- my partion divider just broke (ahhh) -- hoping you can get it to me still for approx $190 shipped....

let me know, thanks!
Justin
(909) 561-0863

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry