Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New member here

Michael B

This is s great source of information. Just purchased my 2006 a month ago. Love this car. I looked at them in 2004 but purchase a 2004 corvette convertible instead. $50,000 instead of $72,000. This car is truly an xstreme luxury roadster. This thing is in excellent shape. I’m 62 and have done most of my work on all my cars. Looking forward to tapping into everyone’s experience.
First has anyone installed a Lambo door kit ?
Pros and cons please. Thinking of doing so but need some feedback before I commit.
Also have ride adjuster snapped on right rear
Where to get new ones?

Please don't desecrate an XLR with lambo doors. It's unnatural. You can probably find that part at GMPartsDirect. It's a pretty common part, but I've also seen them on eBay.

Just toying with the idea. That why asking if anyone HAS done it. I think there may be some complication with the window indexing properly with that type of hinging mechanism.
ANYBODY, anybody ?

This is s great source of information. Just purchased my 2006 a month ago. Love this car. I looked at them in 2004 but purchase a 2004 corvette convertible instead. $50,000 instead of $72,000. This car is truly an xstreme luxury roadster. This thing is in excellent shape. I’m 62 and have done most of my work on all my cars. Looking forward to tapping into everyone’s experience.
Pros and cons please. Thinking of doing so but need some feedback before I commit.
Where to get new ones?

Assuming you are talking about the spring pads, only place to get them is from Corvettecentral.com the are not available separately from GM. There are some aftermarket one out there but they don’t have the padding and tend to clunk. I have broken 3 of them over the years and tried them all.

Welcome aboard!!!!! :cool:

​I have a set (4) of the lowering bolts for sale in the parts listing $50, with free shipping.

Where to get new ones?

Where to get new ones?

Welcome to the “XLR WORLD” and this awesome informational forum!
I’ve seen some pictures of Lamco doors on an XLR, but never seen one in person. I personally don’t like the look either on the car, but to each their own, it’s your ride! Enjoy

Sent from Grand Daddy iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back