Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New Toy

My XLR/V(s)
2007 Black Raven XLR-V
My new toy came in last week.......4 post lift. :rocker:

Now I can stack the XLRs and watch Amy just about have a nervous break down in the process. Especially since Beauty is on the bottom.
:laugh:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 371
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 373

That's on my "to-do" list!! How about some info? Brand? Lift LBS. ratings? Did you try and put it together yourself? I now the parts are HEAVY!

Chad

By the pictures I see that it's an Altas brand

Last edited:
That's on my "to-do" list!! How about some info? Brand? Lift LBS. ratings? Did you try and put it together yourself? I now the parts are HEAVY!

Chad

By the pictures I see that it's an Altas brand

Hey Chad,

It is an Atlas Lift. I purchased the lift from Advanced Auto Parts so I could deal with someone in person but they in turn purchased it from Greg Smith Equipment. I paid the exact same as if I'd bought through Greg Smith.

Here's the link:

Atlas® 408-SL 8,000 LB. 4 Post Lift

It is heavy but 2 friends and myself put it together in about 5 hrs and we were taking our time. There are numerous brands and "duty" levels out there on the market but the Atlas 408-SL model fit my bill. It has an 8K lbs capacity which is more than enough to lift the XLRs. :laugh:I also purchased the caster kit for my lift so I can move it around as needed (empty-no car on the lift).

The biggest challenge has been getting Amy to pull in or back out. :chuckle

Nice lift. Now you have more room for "more toys" or more room to move around and also be your own mechanic. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mike,nice lift and job.I want to put one in but not enough height.:cool: Al

How high is your ceiling?

My ceiling is 10' 5" but it still would've worked with a 10' ceiling. My garage door, when opened, is my only limitation.

I can't believe that Amy hasn't told you to put Victor-V and the Mustang on your lift and leave Beauty alone!

:dunno:

Now I can stack the XLRs and watch Amy just about have a nervous break down in the process. Especially since Beauty is on the bottom.

Actually the panic was bigger when Beauty was the guinea pig on top & I get texted pictures of her looking smacked up against the ceiling. :eek: And horrifying to watch her go up in person as I'm thinking don't-hit-the-CEILLLINGGGG!!! :bash:

I can't believe that Amy hasn't told you to put Victor-V and the Mustang on your lift and leave Beauty alone!

:dunno:

I'm working on that ...:squint:

When you back up the stang , are you nervous and thinking "I hope I don't hit the lift and have the xlr fall off"?

Last edited:

If you have not already done it, I suggest getting some good stiff cardboard and drop it in between the ramp rails so the upper car can not drip on the lower car......just in case. (stop by an appliance store, they can likely provide something big enough and hopefully rigid enough as the thinner stuff will sag) Also, is it safe to assume you installed the height limiting blocks so you can't go too high?

Only down side of hoists is that you don't have any excuse to not have a clean underbelly too! We also have a sliding bridge that has a lift on it so you can lift one end of the car up off the ramps, super for removing wheels etc.

Pretty cool new toy! Can't see it being high enough to comfortably do service underneath though?

Pretty cool new toy! Can't see it being high enough to comfortably do service underneath though?

All you need is a good solid rolling office chair that is height adjustable.

When you back up the stang , are you nervous and thinking "I hope I don't hit the lift and have the xlr fall off"?

It was a little scary the first time but I got over it pretty quick. :wave:

If you have not already done it, I suggest getting some good stiff cardboard and drop it in between the ramp rails so the upper car can not drip on the lower car......just in case. (stop by an appliance store, they can likely provide something big enough and hopefully rigid enough as the thinner stuff will sag) Also, is it safe to assume you installed the height limiting blocks so you can't go too high?

Only down side of hoists is that you don't have any excuse to not have a clean underbelly too! We also have a sliding bridge that has a lift on it so you can lift one end of the car up off the ramps, super for removing wheels etc.

Hey Sandy,
The lift came with 4 drip pans so the oil leaks are covered. :twist: I haven't installed a limit block but I did marked the rail with tape so I have a reference point on when to let go of the button. Since I made my ceiling 10'5" the lift I purchased will not go high enough for the XLR to hit the ceiling but if my garage door is open, that's a different story. Although, I make sure my VALLET switch is ON!!! I don't want any unauthorized trunk openings.

Amy was already checking out the underside of both XLRs and plotting a detailing strategy. :chuckle

I was going to purchase the "drop in jack" but I figured I would get the lift in and get familiar with it before I added the extra cost. The jacks are on my list of add-ons.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom