Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New (used) 2006 XLR-V owner

onalaska

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infared XLR-V
Hi everyone,

I have been active on other Cadillac forums for quite a while. We bought an Allante a year ago after spending a lot of time on the Allante forum and learning about the car. We enjoy the car so much we decided to look for something newer to take on longer trips and found a 2006 XLR-V coming off lease and just drove it home two weeks ago. After spending some time on this forum reading about the car I decided that would be our next vehicle. Forums are a great way to learn about a car before buying one and this one is no exception. Glad to be here and hope that I can contribute to the experience for someone else.

Steven

Welcome

Welcome Steven, it's great to have you join us here. I hope you have many miles of fun in your '06 V. It looks like you have a nice collection of Cadillacs.

Bruce :wave:

Welcome Steven to our happy little family. This is the best forum. Rob is a great administrator and Bruce is a great moderator. You will find a lot of info on this forum. Hope you will consider joining us for one of our events. We are going to Colorado Springs in May of 2010. Again welcome and enjoy your new baby. :wave:

Welcome to the forum. Have fun with your new wheels its a fantastic car with a lot of class. Try and come to the Colorado Springs event this May 23 - 29. :wave:

fred:patriot:

Hi ...
We echo the sentiments! Very glad to have another member - and hope you will spend some "quality" time here ... :lol: Just kiddin', .... you will have great info at your fingertips, and always someone to lighten your day ...
Welcome ...
Are you in any Allante clubs?

A big welcome from Ohio, You found the best XLR site around..:cool:

Steven,
Welcome to the site. We were just in San Antonio this past May for a gathering. I hope you are able to join us on some of our trips.
May you have "Miles of Smiles!" :wave:

Kathy :cool:

Hi and thanks everyone for the welcome. I wish I would have found this forum before the meet in San Antonio as that is only a couple of hundred miles from where I live and it would have been great to meet everyone before buying a XLR. Will try to make Colorado Springs next year. Part of the reason for buying the car is to drive it on trips around the country, we already have a trip planned to the East Coast in September so will get a chance to really spend some time in the car then. The only issues I have now is the heated and cooled function of the passenger's seat doesn't work and the nav disc was missing when we bought the car. Everything else works fine.

Steven,

If you got it from a Cadillac dealer and/or it is Certified Pre-owned; I would go back and demand the nav disks and also have them look into the passenger heat/cool not working. It should be covered under warranty. You might want to consider sending your VIN # to Cadillac Tech (Bruce) and he can run the build sheet and warranty history on your car. Welcome to this great forum and enjoy your new ride!!!

Hi and thanks everyone for the welcome. I wish I would have found this forum before the meet in San Antonio as that is only a couple of hundred miles from where I live and it would have been great to meet everyone before buying a XLR. Will try to make Colorado Springs next year. Part of the reason for buying the car is to drive it on trips around the country, we already have a trip planned to the East Coast in September so will get a chance to really spend some time in the car then. The only issues I have now is the heated and cooled function of the passenger's seat doesn't work and the nav disc was missing when we bought the car. Everything else works fine.

PS: Depending on when you are traveling to the East Coast--there are several of us Midwesterners getting together in Effingham, IL at the end of September for Corvette Funfest (which they have allowed us XLR owners to participate) you may want to stop by and say hi.

We bought the car certified pre owned and they kept it an extra two weeks getting parts to fix the roof which they did. I gave them a short list when I first looked at the car, missing nav dvd, passenger's seat heat or cool does not work, weatherstip around driver's and passenger's windows had faded and turned white and looked like it was flaking off or something. They had to certify the car with a 100 point checkup so I was confident that they would take care of these small items. Well when I went to pick it up the only thing they fixed was the roof and now I have to bring it back for the other things. They did offer to come to my house and pick it up to fix the weatherstrip, but I really don't want someone else driving the car now that I own it. Plus I am about 200 miles from the dealership so that would put another 400 miles on it with someone else driving, I don't think so! I knew this would probably happen, having a similar experience with our STS, but wanted the car anyway.

The weatherstripping. Hmmm, you might want more than my opinion on this .... but .... it is sort of a bad characteristic of the car. Three techs that I've talked with has advised not to replace it. None of them had to "do" the job, so they didn't have any vested interest. I was told that it would do it again, and that the original weatherstipping was a better fit than re-doing it.
We have the best XLR tech available to us ....
Bruce, what is your thought on this??

And not that you want to do your own work - but it kind of easy to check to see that the cool seats lines are attached .... I think Bruce had a tech sheet on that a long time ago ....

We bought the car certified pre owned and they kept it an extra two weeks getting parts to fix the roof which they did. I gave them a short list when I first looked at the car, missing nav dvd, passenger's seat heat or cool does not work, weatherstip around driver's and passenger's windows had faded and turned white and looked like it was flaking off or something. They had to certify the car with a 100 point checkup so I was confident that they would take care of these small items. Well when I went to pick it up the only thing they fixed was the roof and now I have to bring it back for the other things. They did offer to come to my house and pick it up to fix the weatherstrip, but I really don't want someone else driving the car now that I own it. Plus I am about 200 miles from the dealership so that would put another 400 miles on it with someone else driving, I don't think so! I knew this would probably happen, having a similar experience with our STS, but wanted the car anyway.
When I bought my 2006 XLR pre-certified I was told they would replace the weather strip. Well to make a long story short they had the factory rep come and he refused to even look at it. He said there was nothing that could be done and it would happen again. I was going to go ahead and have it done myself but the cost is $3500.00 so I am just letting it go. I went so far as to contact Cadillac and after two weeks of emails back and forth they told me it was not a warranty issue it was an appearance issue and was not covered.

Fred

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back