Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Newbie in Kansas City

steve246810

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Star black XLR, #221
New guy here, getting serious about finding one of these jewels.
I'm a car guy (57 chevy mint, 2011 Mustang GT, Triumph Speed Tripple 1050 and Yamaha FJR1300 to name some of the cool ones).
I don't have a convertible and drove one of these XLR's a few weeks ago and decided that I need to add one of these to my fun toys before I'm too old to enjoy it.
Serious looking going on now, found a couple of 2006 models that I'm interested in and may check out in the next week (both are over 1,000 miles away).
Anyone know of anything super nice close to Kansas City that has a reasonable price on it, I would appreciate a heads up.
Looking forward to finding one of these.
Nice sight with good information
Steve in Kansas City

Good luck in your search... you WILL enjoy the auto when you find the one that fits you!!!

Thanks

Looks like several low mileage cars available, just none close to Kansas City that I have found.
Thanks for your reply, when I find a good one you'll see me on here.

Looks like several low mileage cars available, just none close to Kansas City that I have found.
Thanks for your reply, when I find a good one you'll see me on here.

Somebody should be willing to drive one to you in exchange for some Oklahoma Joes BBQ!! :worship:

I see an xlr-v in junction city, silver. used to be a black one in columbia mo. i'll see if i can find it again.

Welcome to the forum!!!!! :cool:

Welcome Steve.
Come see us in September!

Bob

Looks like I found one

Found a mint 2006 with only 8k miles on it. Ran carfax and it checked out just the way the owner said.
Not a scratch on the car anywhere and no signs of wear on anything plus he just put a new battery in it.
If all goes well and we can work out a price (he is proud of it), I'll have it in my garage this Saturday.
Getting excited, nothing more fun than an exciting new car.

Great to hear Steve. I felt the same excitement about three months ago. I found a dark blue 04 with 5,500 miles only problem it was 2,000 miles away. I couldn't pass it up ended up flying and drivin back. Afterwards I wouldn't regret one thing. Received a awesome car got to enjoy a smooth road trip, and every time I open the garage door I still feel the same excitement as I did on the test drive. Good to hear theirs a lot of great and resourceful people on the forum good luck.

Found a mint 2006 with only 8k miles on it.

Hope this works out for you! If so, we want to see PICTURES!

I bought my 2005 from the dealer that sold it new with only 8,000 miles on it. It was traded back in and was as nice as when new!

Not a scratch or dent on it! :(

I don't plan to ever sell it!

Good luck! :)

DSC00223.jpg

Found a mint 2006 with only 8k miles on it. Ran carfax and it checked out just the way the owner said.
Not a scratch on the car anywhere and no signs of wear on anything plus he just put a new battery in it.
If all goes well and we can work out a price (he is proud of it), I'll have it in my garage this Saturday.
Getting excited, nothing more fun than an exciting new car.

Glad you found such a nice one!!!! You will not be sorry!!! Hope you are able to work out a price. Curious, what is he asking (since you say he's proud of it)?

sure not giving it away

Asking price was 45k. Car is super mint, but gonna work on that price quite a bit. I almost didn't even go look at it, but it was worth the drive.
I think we'll get it done, can't blame the guy. It's the limited model, so we'll see what happens Saturday.
Money talks and BS walks

Asking price was 45k. Car is super mint, but gonna work on that price quite a bit. I almost didn't even go look at it, but it was worth the drive.
I think we'll get it done, can't blame the guy. It's the limited model, so we'll see what happens Saturday.
Money talks and BS walks

Yea... 45K does seem steep for an '06, even though it's a limited model.
GOOD LUCK ON SATURDAY!!!!

I would not sell my '06 with 24,000 miles for $45,000. People need to remember in the six years of production only 16,600 of the XLR's were produced, makes them pretty rare. I still get a lot of great co mments when I take "Little Bugger" out to do errands, he still looks brand new.

That's the reason why I pulled the trigger on mine. A 04-5,000 miles mint from a dealer too and they were asking 32 and I walked out paying 30 even. Like someone said before very limited production and if you get picky with colors even rarer. I might b wrong but I thought they only produced like 800 or 900 of the blue I have which is pretty crazy. I wouldn't sell mine for 45, and if I did I'm gonna put 10,000 on her first then maybe 45 cash. Good luck with your hunt, hope you find the treasure.

There were only 371 Xenon Blue XLR's produced in 2004. Don't know the breakdown on the interior combinations, but the Blue was rare, and my second choice of best color on the XLR. Being I have owned two now, (both Red) you should know what I consider the best color. :laugh::laugh:

By the way, you can get all this information up in the header of the page by clicking on the Model Center and selecting a year you want to research. Rob has provided tons of information, which is why this is the best XLR site!!

....... I might b wrong but I thought they only produced like 800 or 900 of the blue I have which is pretty crazy./QUOTE]

Yeh I saw that thread. I was doing a total I think only that color was available in 04&05 ? Stupid question but does the insurance company still put a premium on red cause it's "sporty" ? The red is a really nice shade though. Either way there still sweet cars! Happy driving!

Don't know the answer to that, I don't use mine as a daily driver--just another one of my toys. :lol::lol:

............... Stupid question but does the insurance company still put a premium on red cause it's "sporty" ? The red is a really nice shade though. Either way there still sweet cars! Happy driving!

INSURANCE UPDATE FROM THE KC NEWBE

I'm buying the XLR for a fun exotic collector car. I have a 1957 Chevrolet restro mod that is mint and I insure it with an agreed to value from Grundy. I insure the car for 45k and yearly premium is $370.00.
Got a quote on the 2006 XLR from my regular insurance carrier for $735.00 per year (not an agreed to value, so value would drop every year).
I called Grundy and was able to add this to my coverage (as car is not for secondary transportation only pleasure and that sort of stuff). They came back to me with $465.00 per year, no deductible with an agreed value of $35k.
Just FYI, I'm not pluging Grundy, but it sucks to pay high insurance for these cars that are not daily drivers. There are other companies out there also.
I hope this is helpful to someone.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back