Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

rgd

My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black XLR
Hi All
just joined and feeling my way around. I'm from Ft Walton Beach, Florida. Really love the XLR, traded in a SSR to get it. Both have bits and pieces from Corvette, but I have never owned a vette.:wave:

Welcome to the Forum. You are going to love it here. Rob the site administrator is great. We also have Cadillac Tech who is very helpful. Enjoy.

We are glad to have you ... yep, quite a nice group of people from FL ... it's something you all seem to have in common.

'If you like to travel ... it would be great to see if a convoy to the Cororado Gathering could happen. Or, if not that, there is supposed to be a Rendezvous 5 being planned for Las Vegas. Choose your poison .... or go to both! :rocker: Either way, you'll have a great time in a great car that just loves the road.

RA

Just got back from three weeks of vacation... SA then to Yellowstone National Park for a couple days. Here's a belated WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

thanks all

what type of gas are y'all using ? Regular 87 or Hi Test 93 ?

I usually use 93 in my (base) XLR. She just seems to run better with it. I know, it's probably just me, but......

Per the factory engineers, XLR-V's MUST get the higher octane (93 for some of us, 91 for others). The base models should run fine on either, but, of course, you'll have a difference in performance.

Welcome, and enjoy! There were only 881 2009's made!

We use the 91 or 93. Cubby says it runs better also. So, Homegrown it's not just use.

I use "regular" in town .... no problems at all. When we know we are going to hit the road, we let the tank empty down and put in high test .... Since there hasn't been any noticiable difference either way that's what works for us. "Lola's" like her mom ... not a picky eater! :laugh:

I usually use 93 in my (base) XLR. She just seems to run better with it. I know, it's probably just me, but......

Per the factory engineers, XLR-V's MUST get the higher octane (93 for some of us, 91 for others). The base models should run fine on either, but, of course, you'll have a difference in performance.

Welcome, and enjoy! There were only 881 2009's made!

Welcome rgd,enjoy the new toy!

Homegrown,it's not just you...

The 4.6 Northstar has a compression ratio of 10.5:1 (which is pretty high for a gasoline engine) so the higher octane level fuel will help with pre-ignition in the engine.

The 4.4 Northstar has a compression ratio of 9.00:1, but has a supercharger packing the cylinders,so it needs the higher octane level fuel.

Both engines will run on the lower octane level fuels,but you may lose some performance due to the ignition timing being retarded in an effort to control pre-ignition in the engine.

I usually put in mid-grade, which around here is 89-91 octane, depending on where I gas up.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom