Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Noise Coming From the Firewall Area

XLR-V Husker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
Folks:
I have an 08 XLR-V, and when i floor the car it sounds like something is rubbing on the firewall or a high pitched screech or squeel. At no other time do i hear it. Any ideas?

This might help

Document ID: 2086693

<FORM name=CellHandlerForm onsubmit="JavaScript: return true;" action=/si/cellHandler.do method=post><HR>
#PIC4833: Screech Type Noise On Hard Accel Typically Present Between 3000-4500 Engine RPMs - keywords acceleration area engine front left mount right RPM squeal WOT - (Mar 26, 2008)

999999995.gif
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Screech Type Noise on Hard Accel Typically Present Between 3000-4500 Engine RPM's</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2006-2008 Cadillac XLR and V Series</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<HR>The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2086693&from=sm#ss1-2086693">Condition/Concern:

Some customers may comment of a screech noise from the engine compartment area on heavy acceleration. This noise typically occurs between 3000-4500 rpm. The noise will only be heard for a short duration in first gear and a slightly longer duration in 2nd gear or while the engine is loaded traveling up an incline.
Recommendation/Instructions:http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2086693&from=sm#ss2-2086693

Isolate the left engine mount with chassis ears attached at the cradle side of the mount. If this area is found to be the source of the noise, replace the left engine mount as necessary.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
<TABLE width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD align=left width="80%">GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained </TD><TD align=middle width=42> </TD><TD align=middle width=167>WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

</FORM>

He is awesome and we all love him. :love::worship:

Now that you got a serious response to your problem. My advice was going to be just don't floor it. :lol::lol::wave:

Yeah, that is going to happen :laugh::laugh::laugh:
That is about as technical as I can get. :laugh::laugh:Ask Cubby that is the kind of advice I give him.:laugh::laugh:When Cubby tells me he hears a rattle in my car when he drives it I tell him to turn up the radio then you don't hear it any more. Or don't drive my car.:laugh::laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom