Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Pin Stripe

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
Does anyone have a pinstrip on their XLR..I see that there are some with the "Cadillac " script logo on the rear fender in with the stripping.

I've never seen a pin stripe on an X or V... I'm a fan, but would guess whatever you've seen has been a show special done free hand.

local Cadillac dealer puts them on most of their CTS and STS's
Its a dealer option. The stripe begins at the front of the vehicle then about mid way through the rear quarter panel it has the script"Cadillac" logo then a short stripe to the end of the vehicle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------Cadillac ------

They actually look good in gold

Is that paint or tape? I have a really good striper, but I think the XLR looks better sans stripe. The few I have seen done look awful.
Bruce

I like the clean look of no stripe on the XLR... don't really know how you'd go about striping to make it look good. With all the curves, etc. on the body, I think it would be too distracting.

Is that paint or tape? I have a really good striper, but I think the XLR looks better sans stripe. The few I have seen done look awful.
Bruce

I agree, I have seen a couple of XLRs with stripes and it looks like a cheap Autozone afterthought. (my opinion only)

IMHO: these cars look better without the stripe.

However It's my guess that you see a dealer add-on.

It is quite common for a dealer to add a "package" for ~ $300-400 for some cheap junk that mostly includes a stripe. They have guys come around (aka vendors) who install a $10 tape stripe and charge the customer $150.

Sometimes when negotiating a purchase they say that they will deduct the $400, and you thinking you got a deal really saved ~$35??:pat:

There was one really nicely done XLR at R2 ... I can't remember whose it was, but it looked pretty classy. The stripe was, if I remember correctly, black on red ... and very short. I don't know if anyone got a picture of it or not.

My XLR had a painted on pin stripe on it when I bought it. It looks professionally done and there are actually two stripes, one running along the edge of the V type hood and one on the top corner of the front fender that runs all the way to the back of the car. I am not a fan of stripes, but if you are not looking for this one you may not even notice it. If you click on the "my garage" at the bottom of this post below the avitar it will take you to some pictures, you can expand the pictures and see the stripe on several of them. I wouldn't pay to have it done, but since it was there and looked pretty good on the car it wasn't a deal breaker.

My XLR had a painted on pin stripe on it when I bought it. It looks professionally done and there are actually two stripes, one running along the edge of the V type hood and one on the top corner of the front fender that runs all the way to the back of the car. I am not a fan of stripes, but if you are not looking for this one you may not even notice it. If you click on the "my garage" at the bottom of this post below the avitar it will take you to some pictures, you can expand the pictures and see the stripe on several of them. I wouldn't pay to have it done, but since it was there and looked pretty good on the car it wasn't a deal breaker.
I did look at yours ... I like it. We have always wanted to do 'something' to Lola .... for a long time we thought about ghost flames right by the front bumper ... but never did it.
IMHO I think the XLR can use a little 'something' to make it different from all of the rest of them .... why not :dunno:

I did look at yours ... I like it. We have always wanted to do 'something' to Lola .... for a long time we thought about ghost flames right by the front bumper ... but never did it.
IMHO I think the XLR can use a little 'something' to make it different from all of the rest of them .... why not :dunno:
RuthAnn, I forget what color your interior is, but charcoal & process blue look great on black. Colors to talk to the striper about if you are going to do it. I also know several stripers up here if you need some names.
Bruce

RuthAnn, I forget what color your interior is, but charcoal & process blue look great on black. Colors to talk to the striper about if you are going to do it. I also know several stripers up here if you need some names.
Bruce
Thanks for the offer Bruce! I don't think we will stripe Lola ... I don't really think we're going to do anything to her .... we keep putting off what exactly we are going to 'do' with her.

Red Noland Cadillac has a nice guy that paints the strips by hand, does a great job and has done several of my vehicles. For the XLR and the '09 DTS I just had him paint my monogram of the doors of the XLR and both front doors of the DTS, he painted black on silver and it looks sharp.

Hi Robert,
Glade to hear you made it back to CS OK.

Can you post some pictures of the painted work he did on your cars?

Hi Robert,

I've seen the monogramming... done very nice in script lettering. Very classy...

Hi Robert,

The XLR is in Arizona, I drove the DTS back to Colorado. If I remember when I return to AZ I will try to take some pictures and post them. I will see if I have any in my files that show the monogram but I don't think I have any.

Does anyone have a pinstrip on their XLR..I see that there are some with the "Cadillac " script logo on the rear fender in with the stripping.

My 2007 XLR Infrared has a very elegant pin strip w/Cadillac crest near the front fender. :) When I purchased the car the photos didn't show the stripping.</SPAN>

;)
32559_.jpg

Caught these pin stripes on a XLR that stop by the car show yesterday you may need to blow up to see them!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368978012.283287.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1368978060.900376.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back