Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Prayers for Rod (MTrocket) & Cindy

My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum, Crystal Red Metalic
I just Received this bit of information today and thought you all might send your prayers for Rod
patrickv2221

I am Rod's brother and I wanted to let you know some information about Rodney. He was in a very serious explosion and fire at his shop on Feb 28 that destroyed the building and his business as well as seriously injured Rod. He is burned over 40% of his body. We are all at the burn center in Denver. The prognosis is good for recovery, but he has a lot of surgeries and skin grafts to go through. Today was the first of the surgeries. The estimation from the hospital is he will be in intensive care for 40 days and then another month in acute rehab in Denver before he is released to go home to Billings for further rehab, which they say will be months. This is going to be a very long and painful recovery with set backs we are told.

I was able to find your email in Rod's account. He is unable to email or talk on the phone right now. He is bound and determined to not cancel the June car rally, however, the rest of us are more realistic that it may be extremely difficult if not impossible for Rod to do so. We are afraid if we forced him to cancel it, he would be very disappointed and lose some drive during recovery. He has enough to worry about with his business destroyed and his health in a very precarious condition.

The family wants you to know that there MAY be a possibility that Rod will have to call off the rally and felt it would only be fair that we let you know what has happened so you are not surprised as the date approaches if he must cancel it. He is SO looking forward to it.

I hope you have the other attendees email addresses, because I have not found them in his email yet. So could you pass this information on to them all?

You can keep track of Rod's progress at

www.caringbridge.org and search for Rodney Hessler

Thank you,
Marvin Hessler (brother)
hesslers@att.net
406-788-5000

Supa & I were deeply saddened to hear of this horrible accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with Rod & Cindy for a speedy recovery.

I just Received this bit of information today and thought you all might send your prayers for Rod
patrickv2221

I am Rod's brother and I wanted to let you know some information about Rodney. He was in a very serious explosion and fire at his shop on Feb 28 that destroyed the building and his business as well as seriously injured Rod. He is burned over 40% of his body. We are all at the burn center in Denver. The prognosis is good for recovery, but he has a lot of surgeries and skin grafts to go through. Today was the first of the surgeries. The estimation from the hospital is he will be in intensive care for 40 days and then another month in acute rehab in Denver before he is released to go home to Billings for further rehab, which they say will be months. This is going to be a very long and painful recovery with set backs we are told.

I was able to find your email in Rod's account. He is unable to email or talk on the phone right now. He is bound and determined to not cancel the June car rally, however, the rest of us are more realistic that it may be extremely difficult if not impossible for Rod to do so. We are afraid if we forced him to cancel it, he would be very disappointed and lose some drive during recovery. He has enough to worry about with his business destroyed and his health in a very precarious condition.

The family wants you to know that there MAY be a possibility that Rod will have to call off the rally and felt it would only be fair that we let you know what has happened so you are not surprised as the date approaches if he must cancel it. He is SO looking forward to it.

I hope you have the other attendees email addresses, because I have not found them in his email yet. So could you pass this information on to them all?

Thank you,
Marvin Hessler (brother)
hesslers@att.net
406-788-5000
[/QUOTE]

prayers for Rod & Cindy

Thank you Marvin for informing us of this terrible accident. My prayers go out to Rod & Cindy that he will have a complete recovery and sooner than the doctors are predicting. I am so sorry to hear of this and understand his wanting to keep the trip scheduled which may help him in his recovery. He has certainly worked hard in putting this trip together. The trip is not important to me, getting Rod well is the most important. Please give him and Cindy my very best wishes. Thanks again.

This is terrible news. Like someone just punched me in the gut ..... Rod - you are such a special guy - you've worked so hard and loved by so many, and you give the best hugs and have the best rumbling laugh .... I can hardly believe that anything could ever knock you down .... You hang in there, buddy ..... everything can wait or be replaced - but not you. Ray and I will be thinking of you every day and sending so many positive vibes that you will practically see them. We will wait to hear from you, but meanwhile please ask your brother to keep us updated on your recovery - and, btw, maybe he could post an address where we can send you a card ....... we know this is going to be a long process to complete recovery - and we know your determination to re-build .... so, my dear ..... do everything the good docs tell you and remember you have a troop of prayer warriors there with you ... you can recognize us .... we all arrived in XLR's. ;)
Love to you ..... RA & Ray

Rod, you will be in Amy and I thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.:grouphug:

Mike

Such terrible news, Rod & family are very much in our thoughts & prayers. We are pulling for you!

It is amazing to me that in the midst of everything that is happening Rod is already thinking & worrying about the XLR trip. I'm not sure my mind would have gotten to that if I were going through the same thing. It's good those thoughts seem to be helping him.

If something is set up for donations, etc. to help Rod out, hopefully we can get the info out on here too.

Address for Rod at Hospital

Rodney Hessler
University of Colorado Hospital
12605 E 16th Avenue
Aurora, Colorado 80045

Phone: 720 848 0000

terrible news, my thoughts are prayers are with Rod (& Cindy) during this difficult time and wish him a full recovery.

Never good news to hear. My families thoughts and prayer go out to yours. Hope for a good speedy recovery.

Get Well Rod

Rod and Cindy, you are both in our prayers for a quick and speedy recovery.

I just got off the phone with Rod's brother Marvin. Marvin and his wife along with Cindy are all in Denver . The out pouring of well wishes from everyone has been tremendous and very much appreciated. At times it has been little overwhelming and hopes everyone can appreciate that neither Rod or Cindy are able to get back or talk to everyone at this time. Rod is in good spirits but at the same time in some pain. Marvin did say that when Rod talks about the rally in June there is a twinkle in his eye, and he is very much determined it will still go on. Only time will tell but for now we need Rod to rest as he is going to be in ICU for at least 40 days , mutiple surgeries then followed by accute rehab. I am sure that when Rod can he will let us all know how he is making out.

So for now Rod, get your rest, quit chasing the nurses, and we will talk soon my "Big Sky" friend.

Brian and June

Steve & I are horrified to hear of this and certainly our thoughts and prayers are with Rod and his family. We know he is in for a difficult time but we pray that he has the least painful recovery as possible. May all of our thoughs, prayers and 'good karma' come his way to speed his recovery.

This was terrible news to receive today.

Rod, Cindy and family:

Merilee and I wish you a steady, speedy and full recovery. We know this will not be an easy time, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John and Merilee

This was terrible news to receive today.

Rod, Cindy and family:

Merilee and I wish you a steady, speedy and full recovery. We know this will not be an easy time, but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you.

John and Merilee
So sorry to hear.. Windi and my prayers will be with you Rod.

Devin & I are keeping Rod (and Cindy) in our prayers! A speedy recovery to Rod. I was horrified when I read the news! :( God's speed!

Update & Donation information

(This was Dated from March 2, 2013)

OK, all. Here's the latest from Cindy.

<TT></TT>

<TT>Rod was up & walking this morning. His first bath since the </TT>

<TT>accident. I didn't make any comments, but the temptation was there.</TT>

<TT></TT>

<TT>He's actually doing very well; fever is down and he's up. First </TT>

<TT>surgery is scheduled for Monday, first thing in the morning.</TT>

<TT></TT>

<TT>Cindy's holding up and will--for the first time since the accident--</TT>

<TT>spend a night sleeping in an actual bed. The care is exceptional in</TT>
<TT>the burn unit and there is a nurse and a CNA assigned to each patient.</TT>

<TT></TT>

<TT>The hospital address is: University of Colorado Hospital 12605 E </TT>

<TT>16th Ave Aurora, CO 80045 (720) 848-0000. His room number is 319.</TT>
<TT>
PLEASE NOTE!! NO FLOWERS OR PLANTS due to infection risk!</TT>

<TT></TT>

<TT>Finally, Cindy has opened a Sharing Bridge page and the information </TT>

<TT>follows. It may be some time before she is able to really send out </TT>
<TT>a lot of information, but I'll begin cutting back on my email as </TT>
<TT>she's able to get more information out.</TT>

<TT></TT>

<TT></TT>
<TT>[URL="http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rodneyhessler?convert=34090d1ac61970369cf4d6b7ac81346b51327c705c831"]http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/rodneyhessler?</TT>[/URL]<TT>convert=34090d1ac61970369cf4d6b7ac81346b51327c705c831</TT>

A Donation account has been set up at US Bank. It is titled Rod Hessler Fund. The account can be looked up at any US Bank Branch on our Donation site.

Ed Kaufman
Personal/Small Business Banker
US Bank Billings Main
303 North Broadway
Billings, MT 59101
Phone: (406) 657-8055
Fax: (406) 657-8110
Mailstation: EP-MT-0520
edward.kaufman@usbank.com

Supa & I were deeply saddened to hear of this horrible accident. Our thoughts and prayers are with Rod & Cindy for a speedy recovery.

patrickv2221

Thank you,
Marvin Hessler (brother)
hesslers@att.net
406-788-5000
[/QUOTE]
Speedy recovery

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!