Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Projected sale price

1BADXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Xenon Blue XLR
So... I thinking of selling my xlr, what do you think I'd be able to get for it. I've got a figure in mind but I want your thoughts, and I dont wanna say why im considering selling it, but its definetly for the good! Price??
2005 Cadillac XLR
30k miles
Updated '09 xlr-v front end
C6/z06 wheels w/ bridgestone tires
Lowered
Drilled rotors
Hotchkis sway bars
will sell with factory wheels as well
Very well taken care of, never driven in winter. Magazine car

SDC10445.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

1028.jpg

So... I thinking of selling my xlr, what do you think I'd be able to get for it. I've got a figure in mind but I want your thoughts, and I dont wanna say why im considering selling it, but its definetly for the good! Price??
2005 Cadillac XLR
30k miles
Updated '09 xlr-v front end
C6/z06 wheels w/ bridgestone tires
Lowered
Drilled rotors
Hotchkis sway bars
will sell with factory wheels as well
Very well taken care of, never driven in winter. Magazine car

SDC10445.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

1028.jpg

This is only a guess based on the fact I have had two low mile XLRs, sold one a couple of years ago and bought a 2006 last year.. I would think $28,000.. (not very appealing, I know) resale is always low on these.

No Idea: but it sure is a beautiful car: looks fabulous!

That IS a very good-looking ride you have there, 1BAD! Marketability largely lies in the eyes of the beholder... and if you're not particularly pressed to sell, I'd hold out for a "reasonable" premium for awhile.

As an aside, I like your lowered look. Does it cause any particular driveability issues for which you've most likely adjusted? What is the procedure for lowering the vehicle, and how much did you lower your XLR?

Just to give you a ballpark. I just purchased the same color,stock,mint,5,500 miles in December. I purchased in Seattle to give you area reference a dealer was asking 32,000 I haggled and got 30,000 out the door no sales tax until I got home. I thought I got a great deal and after owning and seeing what they sell for and condition their in. I know I got a great deal! Your car looks like everything a owner would want to do. I would ask for at least 35 even 40 and let them negotiate from there. These cars are limited I believe the price has leveled off and even going up slightly remember summer is here. Advertise with the top down and the price high. If nobody bites adjust you'll still be driving a bad ass car. Good luck!

That IS a very good-looking ride you have there, 1BAD! Marketability largely lies in the eyes of the beholder... and if you're not particularly pressed to sell, I'd hold out for a "reasonable" premium for awhile.

As an aside, I like your lowered look. Does it cause any particular driveability issues for which you've most likely adjusted? What is the procedure for lowering the vehicle, and how much did you lower your XLR?

Thanks. To lower it is an easy do-it-yourself poject. Google lower c6 corvette, same setup, most likely find it on ls1tech. You'll end up taking a 10mm wrench or socket to the longs studs located in the control arms. You can lower it around 2inches or so without having to cut out the puck. I didnt lower it too much, around 1inch so I could roadcourse it and wouldnt drag the front bumper, or hit the wheelwells. All my clearance is perfect, and it drives incredible!

Just to give you a ballpark. I just purchased the same color,stock,mint,5,500 miles in December. I purchased in Seattle to give you area reference a dealer was asking 32,000 I haggled and got 30,000 out the door no sales tax until I got home. I thought I got a great deal and after owning and seeing what they sell for and condition their in. I know I got a great deal! Your car looks like everything a owner would want to do. I would ask for at least 35 even 40 and let them negotiate from there. These cars are limited I believe the price has leveled off and even going up slightly remember summer is here. Advertise with the top down and the price high. If nobody bites adjust you'll still be driving a bad ass car. Good luck!

I figured I would be able to sell it for 37k, wouldnt take less than 35 for it though. I've seen similar go for around that with just some wheels. I think doing the 09 conversion definetly increadsed the value though. Im still sitting on the thought of selling it, was my dream car growing up, now I have other, bigger, better plans.

I figured I would be able to sell it for 37k, wouldnt take less than 35 for it though. I've seen similar go for around that with just some wheels. I think doing the 09 conversion definetly increadsed the value though. Im still sitting on the thought of selling it, was my dream car growing up, now I have other, bigger, better plans.

You can check out EBay motors for your same make and close mileage. Both cars I bought I found on there, contacted the dealerships and bought them directly for much less than listed. The aftermarket stuff typically adds no value to the car unless you find someone specifically looking for those mods. When I sold my 2004, it was to a guy twice my age and he had the tint removed and put the original wheels back on it. I remember a few months ago you were trying to sell the stock wheels. As I mentioned then, for resale it is really important to keep them and advertise that they are available.

Good luck!! I forwarded the picture to a guy I know that is looking for one.

I wish you all the luck in the world trying to get 37K for an 05.

Mods mean very little unless the buyer wants them; dealers could care less and will make an offer based on it's bluebook value. For example, the upgraded front and rear facias don't make an 05 an 09 and change the Bluebook value one iota. Your best bet is to negotiate a sale with a private buyer.

Take a look at similar vehicles on autotrader (for one) to get a better appreciation for the depreciation on these cars. The 04-05's have a well-earned reputation for poorer reliability than their newer brethen, and parts are not getting easier to find -just the opposite.

The sooner you sell, the more you'll make. XLRs are not immune to depreciation or "leveling off" in retail price. They're dropping in value the older they get, along with just about every other vehicle out there.

About the only thing that can raise the selling price is an aftermarket warranty, and not by much.

Best of luck and let us know what you get for it. I'm predicting no more than $32k, and probably closer to 30. There are high milage 04's going for less than $20k now.

CC :wave:

Im probably just gonna end up waiting a bit until i come back home. Wanna build a house first and start on another project before i sell it. It would be pure profit as it would be paid off, and that way I will still have a car to come home to, b/c I dont wanna sell my pacecar.

Condition,condition,condition. I looked at ones for two months all in the range of 25-35. I saw ones with ripped seats, or dirty and needing replacing. Paint that had more swirls and scratches than a minivan. The kicker is they were all asking premium prices "in a knowledgable buyers eye" for the quality and had 20-50 on the odometer. Yes your market should definitely be private in any case unless you like your ... Handed to you. Sounded like you go overseas bring it with ya talk about being able to get a premium!

i'd say 25 low end, 27 high end. Cadillac used car buyers, even those with good taste, are looking for more efficiency even in their high-powered performance vehicles like your Cadillac XLR.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom