Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Puttin' up the Flag

I don't have a flag, never had one, but I think its time to get one. Thanks for the post. Mike

I don't have a flag, never had one, but I think its time to get one. Thanks for the post. Mike

Unfortunately, I have three.

One made me happy - it was flown over the Academy on my graduation day.

One made me proud - It was flown over the White House and Congress the day I retired, authenticated by the President, CJCS, and Secretary of the Air Force; then flown on Air Force One, two, E-4A, AWACS, and several other DOD VIP A/C on it way home to me.

One still brings tears to my eyes - it was provided by the Secretary of the Army draped over my father's casket.
smiley-face-crying.gif

Yes I fly the flag because I must.

Support the troops. :patriotic:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a flag that I fly outside on Holidays and other days that I feel like flying it!

We have two folded flags in cases in our home. They were the flags that were draped over the caskets of my father, a WWII Army Air Corps veteran, and my father-in-law, a Korean War Army veteran.

Last edited:
I have small flags that I have out every day. They are/were on the walkway as you enter the front door. One broke so I need to replace it someday.

This Canadian proudly flies a flag always.

When we bought our first home the first thing we did was erect a flag pole on our front lawn.

When we purchased the property where our current home now stands, we put up a flag pole before we even had the land cleared for building.

In our snowbird residence in Florida we have a flag hanging in our garage as our gated community will not allow us to have a twin flag pole so we can fly an American and Canadian flag. (strange, don't understand that)

We also proudly own a American flag that bears the names of all those killed on 9-11, it had been flown as part of a huge remembrance display the following year, I hangs in our shop in Canada.

Fly your flag and show you love your country, you appreciate your freedom & support your troops!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I have three.

One made me happy - it was flown over the Academy on my graduation day.

One made me proud - It was flown over the White House and Congress the day I retired, authenticated by the President, CJCS, and Secretary of the Air Force; then flown on Air Force One, two, E-4A, AWACS, and several other DOD VIP A/C on it way home to me.

One still brings tears to my eyes - it was provided by the Secretary of the Army draped over my father's casket.
smiley-face-crying.gif

Yes I fly the flag because I must.

And now I have four....
My mother passed away in April. She and my dad met when they were both in the Army. After they married, she got got out, but Obama sent me a letter with her flag anyway.

Somehow I think this pic is appropriate.2012-09-15-10h05m20.jpg

Not exactly a flag... but may also fit into the thread 2011-08-11-16h54m09.jpg

That looks good to me

Our flag is weatherproof and waves in the wind 24/7
Damn proud to be Americans
God Bless America!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!