Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Quote of the Day

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

--unknown

An unloaded gun is like a boomerang that doesn't come back........Useless!!

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

--unknown

Major General Peter Cosgrove interview

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian.</SPAN>

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio This is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters. </SPAN>
Read his reply to the lady
who interviewed him concerning guns and children. Regardless of how you feel about gun laws you have to love this!
This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:</SPAN>

So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?</SPAN>

The broadcast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over.</SPAN>

God I would pay money to have seen her face; I'll bet it would have made lemon juice look like honey.</SPAN>

I bet it was hard to think of which thread to put this in! Quotes or the Comedy Club! :lol:

I got to admit,,, That was a great come-back for a question!

General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio...............

That was a great interview!!

I find myself logging on to see what you have come up with today.
:lol:

Thanks Rod!!
:wave:

I have never heard a better response!!! I WILL use that some time.

quote for the day

When everything's coming your way, it is a sure sign that you are driving in the wrong direction. :bash:

Good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just heard this on the 2013 Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame on TV this evening:

As Quincy Jones left the stage he said that the last thing Frank Sinatra said as he left the stage was

Live every day like it's your last and some day you may be right...
...Frank Sinatra

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.

--Sri Ram

You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.

--Sri Ram

I agree 100% and have always tried to practice this. When I had a metal rain gutter full of ice weighing 350#, that hit me on the top of my head December 7, 1978 when it fell from a building, my life certainly changed. With my attitude I did not let it control my life and fortunately I am still alive some 35 years later and plan to stick it out another twenty and a half, God willing. We must always maintain a positive attitude and keep a smile on our face.

I agree 100% and have always tried to practice this. When I had a metal rain gutter full of ice weighing 350#, that hit me on the top of my head December 7, 1978 when it fell from a building, my life certainly changed. With my attitude I did not let it control my life and fortunately I am still alive some 35 years later and plan to stick it out another twenty and a half, God willing. We must always maintain a positive attitude and keep a smile on our face.

i know what you mean;I had a smile in my face all the while in the hospital. One on the RN's asked me once, "How can you be so upbeat all the time considering what happened to you?" I told the RN, "I figure it this way, if I'm the best patient you have, I'll probably get the best care you can give me." It ended up that the RN's fought over who got to take care of me.

i know what you mean;I had a smile in my face all the while in the hospital. One on the RN's asked me once, "How can you be so upbeat all the time considering what happened to you?" I told the RN, "I figure it this way, if I'm the best patient you have, I'll probably get the best care you can give me." It ended up that the RN's fought over who got to take care of me.

You are absolutely correct, how well I still remember those days in the hospitals. One stay was five and a half weeks in Colo. Spgs. They brought me steak and lobster because I had been there so long. The nurses always kidded with me, told me I must be a Camel because I drank so much water and walked the halls as soon as they would let me stand up and walk after surgeries. Another long stay was five and a half weeks also at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. That was rough as I had no family or friends to come and visit as it was too far from Colorado. I still count my blessings that I am still alive after sixteen major surgeries, especially with the Malignant Hyperthermia in my genes that can be triggered by anesthetic. If it triggers your temp shots up to 110 and they call the morgue. Took my mother when she was 45 years old plus some other members of my family at pretty young age. I always say the man upstairs is my very best friend.

Rod it is great having you on the forum interacting regularly again. You always seem to have interesting and or funny things to say.

I will certainly keep this one in mind Rod: your optimism is inspiring! :worship:

I go in for a full knee replacement on October 1st (just as soon as I get back from the Bowling Green Homecoming ;)) and I will do my best to be their 'best patient'!

I will certainly keep this one in mind Rod: your optimism is inspiring! :worship:

I go in for a full knee replacement on October 1st (just as soon as I get back from the Bowling Green Homecoming ;)) and I will do my best to be their 'best patient'!

Believe me, it works. Good luck with your surgery; I'll be praying that the doctors have steady hands and that God is with them during your knee surgery.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom