Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Radio and Nav-system for Europe

Edith

My XLR/V(s)
Have my XLR in Europe, the factory nav-system does not work as Europe have a totally different system. Obviously I will need to change the hardware. Also we use DAB+ radio here, there are many different aftermarket radios with both DAB and EU-navigation. The problem is that nobody can advise what to buy to get this working here in EU, and to fit car. The onstar is a no-issue since it's not in use in EU. Any suggestions from anybody? GM in Europe is a non-helper.

Moving out of the Site Help and Feedback forum and into the correct XLR Tech Forum...

Have my XLR in Europe, the factory nav-system does not work as Europe have a totally different system. Obviously I will need to change the hardware. Also we use DAB+ radio here, there are many different aftermarket radios with both DAB and EU-navigation. The problem is that nobody can advise what to buy to get this working here in EU, and to fit car. The onstar is a no-issue since it's not in use in EU. Any suggestions from anybody? GM in Europe is a non-helper.

First off, I have no experience with exported US cars. But, and a big but, I'd be willing to bet the hardware behind the nav unit is the same as ours. I'm not suggesting buying anything without your contacting a reputable stereo installer and showing him a printout of the first 4 or so posts in this thread

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

First off, I have no experience with exported US cars. But, and a big but, I'd be willing to bet the hardware behind the nav unit is the same as ours. I'm not suggesting buying anything without your contacting a reputable stereo installer and showing him a printout of the first 4 or so posts in this thread

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR

Thanks, the link was very useful. Now, -at least-, I know it's POSSIBLE to change the factory radio/nav for an aftermarket unit. I will contact the store in Houston to see if they can educate me: +3 hours to change indicate it's not just "full speed ahead". Also if the standard 2DIN size radio need new bezel, frame etc. Kenwood have several models here in Europe with both DAB+ and European Nav. I will get back with update in case others with this car in Europe need hints. Again, thanks a lot, I sleep better knowing it's possible.:)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom