Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Retro Week - show us your first car!

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
Retro is all the rage these days!

Here's pic of my first car - a 1971 Pontiac Catalina.

2008W2001.jpg

I think I have more pictures of cars I've owned than me!

Anyone else care to share?

My first car was a 1970 American Motors Hornet. I believe I destroyed all picture evidence that I ever drove or owned one :laugh:

My sister had a similar vintage Hornet. The best part of that car was the A/C - you could make ice cubes in it!

The worst part was how she would smoke in it, then spray herself with perfume before we got home so Mom & Dad didn't think she was smoking. :rolleyes: Yeah, we were all a little naieve when we were young! It was a fun time with fum memories though.

PS I'd post a picture of hers, if I could ever find one...

This is not mine but as close as I could find on the web. Mine had the really authentic looking alligator vinyl top. :laugh:

1966 GTO

This was my first car, purchased in 1972 from the couple who ordered it new. I drove it through college and to work daily until 1976. when I bought another car (that got better gas mileage) to drive to work.

1966 GTO. 389, 335 hp, 4 bbl. Automatic transmission, Power Steering, Power Brakes and Factory Air Conditioning!

Still has all the original equipment with the exception of the normal wear items, so it is a "matching numbers" car.

I have now owned it for over 37 years!

My 4th car

Haven't found my 1st car yet, but I did find my 4th. This was the first car of mine to have an alarm system AND the first one to be stolen. It was a brand new design. There was nothing on the road like it. The 1973 Pontiac Grand Am

This was my first car, purchased in 1972 from the couple who ordered it new. I drove it through college and to work daily until 1976. when I bought another car (that got better gas mileage) to drive to work.

1966 GTO. 389, 335 hp, 4 bbl. Automatic transmission, Power Steering, Power Brakes and Factory Air Conditioning!

Still has all the original equipment with the exception of the normal wear items, so it is a "matching numbers" car.

I have now owned it for over 37 years!

Beautiful GTO! It's great to hear that you still have it. Do you drive it much?

Haven't found my 1st car yet, but I did find my 4th. This was the first car of mine to have an alarm system AND the first one to be stolen. It was a brand new design. There was nothing on the road like it. The 1973 Pontiac Grand Am

George, did they ever recover your car? How long did you own it?

Bruce, that car was never found. I remember when the police officer came to take his report. He had no idea what a car like that looked like. Naive me tried to give him a photo. He looked at me and said, "Are you kidding? That car is half way to Puerto Rico." I believe I had that car a little less than a year. In the fall of '72 I couldn't decide between the Grand Am and the Grand Prix. After the '73 Grand Am was stolen, I bought the '73 Grand Prix. (The '74 model wasn't out yet but was scheduled to included only minor changes.) I can't find my album with all the car photos! :pat:

My first was a 1974 Subaru coupe that I bought wrecked. I put on a front clip and drove it for a couple of years. Then came a VW Scirocco. They had just come out and were hot. I found one that had crashed and burnt. It took 3 cars to put that one back together. Next I found a 77 Saab 99EMS that was hit in the front. I bought it, put on a clip and had that one for several years too. Then came a Saab 900 Turbo that I found in a junkyard in Ft Worth, TX. It supposedly had a blown engine, minor body damage, and was a total. I bought it, replaced the turbo center section and it was good to go.

I'll stop there

Bob

My first "New Car"

I thought I would also post a picture of my first "New Car". The 1966 GTO that I posted about earlier was my first car, this was my "New Car". I purchased this vehicle in 1976.

I still have it as well.

ElCaminosolarized.jpg

My first car was a "hand me down" '68 Dodge Polaris. The actual car was "purple" (they called it "plum"). Blew the 318 engine and rebuilt it with a 360 later on.

My first car was a maroon 1968 Ford Ranchero with gold striping. Had a 390 CID, pretty quick...

My first car was a 1965 Ford Mustang. I picked it up when I was 16 for $1500. It was beige, gold, turquoise, black, and silver! My dad and I tore the car down to the frame and completely rebuilt the car. We even signed up for a shop class together at the local community college and we were able to use their paint booth and paint the car ourselves. I knew next to nothing about cars and how the mechanics worked before that. Afterward, I learned a ton about cars, engines, etc and had a phenomenal bonding experience with my dad!

I am greatly looking forward to doing the same thing with my son, hell maybe even my daughter!

I am digging through the archives for a photo.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom