Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

review of the Cash for Clunkers Program

What difference does it make if there were 90 or 200 czars? Its not going to change all the money that is being spent or the jobs leaving the coun try or the busineses leaving. The biggest question I have always had is much of this was out right fraud but becase of political connections no body has went to jail WHY????? I am all for law enforcement throughout america working over time to bring these people to justice.:rocker:

Fred;)
Your post makes no sense to what I have said. Once again I will post this list since it wasn't read correctly the first time.
"The government-funded salaries of the czars have also been kept secret from the public, leaving many to wonder why the "transparency" promise has not been fufilled.

Democrat Robert Byrd wrote a letter to Obama expressing his concerns that the czar appointments would threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances, inhibiting openess, transparency and reduce accountability.

In case you missed it, here's a list of the czars your tax dollars are funding:
1. Drug Czar
2. U.S. Border Czar
3. Urban Czar
4. Regulatory Czar
5. Stimulus Accountability Czar
6. Iran Czar
7. Middle East Czar
8. Afghanistan Czar
9. Pakistan Czar
10. Cyber Security Czar
11. Bank Bailout Czar
12. Energy Czar
13. Technology Czar
14. Copyright Czar
15. Climate Czar
16. Health Care Czar
17. WMD Czar
18. Education Czar
19. Economic Czar
20. Housing Czar
21. Mortgage Czar

And the newest:

22. Pay Czar

I'm holding out hope for the "financial responsibility czar"

How does this list of tax payer funded czars has anything to do with your statement? :dunno:

Fred; where do you get this crap? You must be joking - otherwise you need to go back to school and educate yourself beyond your current level.

You obviously don't have a clue regarding global economics and how it functions. Until that time, debating you is fruitless.

Increase the capital gains tax to fund raising the national minimum wage? That has to be the single-most idiotic; no - stupid (sorry, no other word will work) remark you have made to date.

"The stock market is responsible for most of americas problems greed"

My God man; pull your head out of your @$$ and think a bit before you post. :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

And I am way more conservative than Mark, so don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!! :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

The bailouts didn't come from other companies to each other. The present administration appropriated those monies. Now they want it back. Too late - too bad - so sad. I'm seeing a new Party now I think. You like it?
No I dont like it. I also believe the worse has not happen yet. Prepare yourself because when it hits there is a very good chance the entire bottom will fall out I hope I am wrong.

Fred:wave:

. I have listen to people that have remodeled there homes bought new cadillacs new appliances and have bragged about how much they have made over these bailouts. America needs to wake up.:( Fred;)[/QUOTE said:
Well, I guess the first part of this quote I am guilty of, I have been remodeling my home for three years now, have bought new Cadillacs and new appliances. I have not bragged about how much I have made over these bailouts as I have not recieved one penny of bail out money. I have not recieved one penny of stimulus money so I am not sure who you are referring to. I am proud that I was smart enough to get a good education, work twelve hour days, make good investments and save for the future so now in my old age I am able to enjoy all that I have worked hard to have.:wave::wave::wave:

Well Ruth Ann according to 'speedway' you made out on all the bailouts--How much of a dividend did you make on that GM stock before they went belly up and then were bailed out by us taxpayers. I guess his analysis; I'm all for the 15% Capital Gains Tax--hell let's make 25% :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, I guess the first part of this quote I am guilty of, I have been remodeling my home for three years now, have bought new Cadillacs and new appliances. I have not bragged about how much I have made over these bailouts as I have not recieved one penny of bail out money. I have not recieved one penny of stimulus money so I am not sure who you are referring to. I am proud that I was smart enough to get a good education, work twelve hour days, make good investments and save for the future so now in my old age I am able to enjoy all that I have worked hard to have.:wave::wave::wave:
Stupid me, I thought that is what you are supposed to do First Robin. That is the American Dream, at least that is what I was raised to believe. :patriot::worship:

And I am way more conservative than Mark, so don't even get me started!!!!!!!!!! :rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:
Oh please PD lets hear it. I am sure your response is going to be just as good as Mark's. :worship:

Your post makes no sense to what I have said. Once again I will post this list since it wasn't read correctly the first time.
"The government-funded salaries of the czars have also been kept secret from the public, leaving many to wonder why the "transparency" promise has not been fufilled.

Democrat Robert Byrd wrote a letter to Obama expressing his concerns that the czar appointments would threaten the Constitutional system of checks and balances, inhibiting openess, transparency and reduce accountability.

In case you missed it, here's a list of the czars your tax dollars are funding:
1. Drug Czar
2. U.S. Border Czar
3. Urban Czar
4. Regulatory Czar
5. Stimulus Accountability Czar
6. Iran Czar
7. Middle East Czar
8. Afghanistan Czar
9. Pakistan Czar
10. Cyber Security Czar
11. Bank Bailout Czar
12. Energy Czar
13. Technology Czar
14. Copyright Czar
15. Climate Czar
16. Health Care Czar
17. WMD Czar
18. Education Czar
19. Economic Czar
20. Housing Czar
21. Mortgage Czar

And the newest:

22. Pay Czar

I'm holding out hope for the "financial responsibility czar"

How does this list of tax payer funded czars has anything to do with your statement? :dunno:
Czars have been in adminstrations since Nixon and Regan. They probrably didnt have as many as Obama (but they werent faced with the same delimma) but if this is his management style fine. We could still have Bush he gave up 6 months before his time was up.

Fred

Totally agree with you Robert

And that is what I'm am working toward, Robert. But when I decide to retire and sell my business, Fred thinks I need to give 15% of my hard work to the governmet to pay for someone that has done nothing. We too did some remodeling at home; we bought 4 vehicles in the last year. And just like you, we never received any stimulis money, no tax refunds as others did, and didn't recieve any bailout money, corporate dividends or corporate bonus. Every penny we spent we earned and saved up for what we now have.

Well Ruth Ann according to 'speedway' you made out on all the bailouts--How much of a dividend did you make on that GM stock before they went belly up and then were bailed out by us taxpayers. I guess his analysis; I'm all for the 15% Capital Gains Tax--hell let's make 25% :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Well - I did my part to save GM. :rolleyes:
I will happily share ALL of those dividends and ALL of the stimulus money that I received with all of you in CO. Ummmmm, that would be a big fat zero. (But we will buy a few rounds anyway - haha) Heck - I didn't even get the SS share because the cut off for that was January.
Let's see, Ford is doing okay --- what is the capitol gain on about $4 a share? Oh, nooooooo!
I don't know what would will turn this economy around. I don't know how we can get the health care costs under control. I thought that's why I went to the voting booth - to put the best minds at work to solve these problems. It seems to me that there is better recommendations coming from here.

Could our Fore Father's be right? Could We the People actually have the right answers?

And that is what I'm am working toward, Robert. But when I decide to retire and sell my business, Fred thinks I need to give 15% of my hard work to the governmet to pay for someone that has done nothing. We too did some remodeling at home; we bought 4 vehicles in the last year. And just like you, we never received any stimulis money, no tax refunds as others did, and didn't recieve any bailout money, corporate dividends or corporate bonus. Every penny we spent we earned and saved up for what we now have.
I was not talking about anyone on this Forum these our people I know living in Tucson and Tenn. Also your not the only person who pays taxes I salute you for still having a business thats takes care of its emploees and is successful. You are paying more taxes because it appears your making more money. These taxes have been around just about my whole life time
and I seriously doubt that they will ever go down just continue to go up.

Fred;)

Fred

Well - I did my part to save GM. :rolleyes:
I will happily share ALL of those dividends and ALL of the stimulus money that I received with all of you in CO. Ummmmm, that would be a big fat zero. (But we will buy a few rounds anyway - haha) Heck - I didn't even get the SS share because the cut off for that was January.
Let's see, Ford is doing okay --- what is the capitol gain on about $4 a share? Oh, nooooooo!
I don't know what would will turn this economy around. I don't know how we can get the health care costs under control. I thought that's why I went to the voting booth - to put the best minds at work to solve these problems. It seems to me that there is better recommendations coming from here.

Could our Fore Father's be right? Could We the People actually have the right answers?
Yes RA We The People actually do have the right answers, it is just alot of slick willies manage to stay in government and keep screwing over We the People.

Yes RA We The People actually do have the right answers, it is just alot of slick willies manage to stay in government and keep screwing over We the People.

Oh, boy, the jokes on us ..... we are the ones putting them into office ..... :willy_nilly:

You seem to know quite a bit about politics. Could you enlighten us to some of those past czars these past administrations had. I don't beleive either of them had as many as Obama currently has.

In fact Nixon's was the Energy czar during the 1974 Oil Embargo. Carter then changed it to the Dept. of Energy--which we can now see has done quite alot for our country an our dependence of foreign oil. The term 'czar' was actully coined by Joe Biden during Nixons administration, so I guess the democrats like czars.:lol::lol:

Czars have been in adminstrations since Nixon and Regan. They probrably didnt have as many as Obama (but they werent faced with the same delimma) but if this is his management style fine. We could still have Bush he gave up 6 months before his time was up.

Fred

Oh, boy, the jokes on us ..... we are the ones putting them into office ..... :willy_nilly:

That is why there should be TERM LIMITS on members of Congress. We the people need to set salaries for Crongressional members, not let them set their salaries. We also need to improve our schools so people will know the difference between (there and thier) and other words that sound the same, but have totally different meanings and are spelled differently. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Czars

I do believe Czars is a Russian term and you know what happened to the Czars of Russia. Guess we are going to have to have a modern day Revolution and take our country and government back. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

Name the time and date and I'll be there. It is time we take our country back!!

I do believe Czars is a Russian term and you know what happened to the Czars of Russia. Guess we are going to have to have a modern day Revolution and take our country and government back. :patriot::patriot::patriot:

You must be wearing blinders if you havent been observing all these trillion dollar bailouts. Explain how capitalism has anything to do with taxpayers bailing out companies in the stock market paying dividends to stockholders with tax payer money its absolutely obsurd and I dont need further education on scams.:(

Fred;)

This one entry I can't pass up, as it just shows your ignorance! Actually, you do need further education!

What you described above (if you actually read an earlier post of mine) is absolutely the opposite of capitalism!! Capitalism doesn't involve government bailouts!

Floyd (BB)

. I have listen to people that have remodeled there homes bought new cadillacs new appliances and have bragged about how much they have made over these bailouts. America needs to wake up.:( Fred;)[/QUOTE said:
Geez Cubby told me by doing this we were stimulating the economy. Guess he was wrong. We did all that with no bailout money too. :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom