Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

RIV Agenda

RA,

You are just going to have to stay up late with us in the bar to do your 'visiting':laugh::laugh::laugh:Our cars are so fun to drive, it doesn't bother me driving all the time, I'm actually looking forward to it in the 'new to us' V.:cool:

You could also leave a day earlier and meet the Midwest group on Wednesday--just another party day:chuckle:chuckle I'm sure all of us will find time to do everything we want and are by no means obligated to do it all. There will be small groups getting together and doing their on thing I'm sure. The trip is all about having fun and seeing old friends and new, but we certainly don't have to be together 24/7--hope that came out right.:blinzel:

I think leaving a day early like the Midwest group is looking more reasonable for Ingrid and I. We both love having fun and It is also important to me that our car is clean and looking good after the drive from Las Cruces. We are new to the group and the last thing we want is to offend someone but what do you think about leaving a day early so we can have a day to prepare ourselves and the XLR's. If you would rather not would you be okay with us going a day early and just meeting up in San Antonio at the Hilton.

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Carwash

Found a detailer...............see the mobile detailer post.
Kent, what time do you think we will get in to SA on Wednesday?
Fred & Ingid, I guess everyone can go when they want, but I can't leave until Tuesday because of my daughters work schedule and my work schedule. It sure is inviting but changing the dates at the hotels will prove difficult at this late date.
I think leaving a day early like the Midwest group is looking more reasonable for Ingrid and I. We both love having fun and It is also important to me that our car is clean and looking good after the drive from Las Cruces. We are new to the group and the last thing we want is to offend someone but what do you think about leaving a day early so we can have a day to prepare ourselves and the XLR's. If you would rather not would you be okay with us going a day early and just meeting up in San Antonio at the Hilton.

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Speedway

Fred & Ingrid

Fred ... I have been talking to Ray about leaving a day early and spending the night in Tucson to meet with up with the convoy .... since this is our vacation I'm really not all that anxious to spend all of our time driving. We like to stop and check out all of the tourist traps and sort of just take our time .... I keep saying "we", when it is really "me!" ... :lol: You should do whatever it is that makes your trip more comfortable .... Ray is definetly all about keeping Lola cleaned up and I really understand that!

Fred ... I have been talking to Ray about leaving a day early and spending the night in Tucson to meet with up with the convoy .... since this is our vacation I'm really not all that anxious to spend all of our time driving. We like to stop and check out all of the tourist traps and sort of just take our time .... I keep saying "we", when it is really "me!" ... :lol: You should do whatever it is that makes your trip more comfortable .... Ray is definetly all about keeping Lola cleaned up and I really understand that!

What we are thinking is that if we leave Las Cruces on Wednesday Morning thats between 600 and 700 mile in the middle of May to SA. The Bugs alone will take time to get off not to mention bringing your car back to what you feel good about. I drive Ingrid crazy cleaning my Corvette and I will feel the same about the XLR on this trip. We will not get into SA that early and we want to have fun not feel rushed and stressed (remember you have to be at Hampton Inn NLT 7:20 the next morning for CC)and meet all of you that night at the Professors catered party which we are looking forward to. Now imagine having your cars on the Lexington Flight Deck there will be a lot of people on that ship looking at our cars. Most of them will not even know what they our. I have read your post's and I already have formed an opinion that all of you have a lot of pride in your car just as I do. So with all of that said we will be leaving early one day which will add an extra days vacation :lol: and we can meet up with you at the Hilton.

Speedway

Fred

What we are thinking is that if we leave Las Cruces on Wednesday Morning thats between 600 and 700 mile in the middle of May to SA. The Bugs alone will take time to get off not to mention bringing your car back to what you feel good about. I drive Ingrid crazy cleaning my Corvette and I will feel the same about the XLR on this trip. We will not get into SA that early and we want to have fun not feel rushed and stressed (remember you have to be at Hampton Inn NLT 7:20 the next morning for CC)and meet all of you that night at the Professors catered party which we are looking forward to. Now imagine having your cars on the Lexington Flight Deck there will be a lot of people on that ship looking at our cars. Most of them will not even know what they our. I have read your post's and I already have formed an opinion that all of you have a lot of pride in your car just as I do. So with all of that said we will be leaving early one day which will add an extra days vacation :lol: and we can meet up with you at the Hilton.

Speedway

Fred

I get it ...
So ... being married to you is like being married to Ray ... :willy_nilly::laugh:

Fred,
I've got you covered. If we get a good response to my mobile detail thread there will be mobile detailer on sight at the Hampton parking lot starting Tuesday morning. Check it out.

Speedway

Fred

Fred,
I've got you covered. If we get a good response to my mobile detail thread there will be mobile detailer on sight at the Hampton parking lot starting Tuesday morning. Check it out.

I changed my reservation at the Hilton and added one day. This was no problem and I got the same rates $169.00 plus tax.

Speedway

Fred

You guys are really going to have a blast, I'm jealous we can't make it. Maybe next year.
Bruce

You guys are really going to have a blast, I'm jealous we can't make it. Maybe next year.
Bruce
We were hoping that at the last minute you may have been able to make it ... Ray LOVES those Adam's towels and he wanted to talk to you about other products in your line for Lola. .... You and Tracy would have become great friends with this group ... Maybe you could go to Las Vegas??? :cool:

We were hoping that at the last minute you may have been able to make it ... Ray LOVES those Adam's towels and he wanted to talk to you about other products in your line for Lola. .... You and Tracy would have become great friends with this group ... Maybe you could go to Las Vegas??? :cool:

Head out with the caravan only as far as Las Vegas? What day are you doing that? I have a lot of Adam's products I'd like to show Ray. If I host a detail seminar would you guys (or anyone on the forum) be interested?
Bruce

Found a detailer...............see the mobile detailer post.
Kent, what time do you think we will get in to SA on Wednesday?
Fred & Ingid, I guess everyone can go when they want, but I can't leave until Tuesday because of my daughters work schedule and my work schedule. It sure is inviting but changing the dates at the hotels will prove difficult at this late date.
It is a 7 hour drive so it depends on what time we leave Las Cruces.

Head out with the caravan only as far as Las Vegas? What day are you doing that? I have a lot of Adam's products I'd like to show Ray. If I host a detail seminar would you guys (or anyone on the forum) be interested?
Bruce

I will talk to Ray about the seminar and let you know ...

No..... I meant later in the year when we head out to meet Cubby and The Little Woman in Las Vegas ... maybe you and Tracy could go then?? We'll talk?:)

Bruce

I'd be up for a detailing seminar; may learn some new tricks...

Ruthie,
What time would you like to leave Las Cruses so we can get in early for a car wash? Kent says 7 hours and I don't know if that includes trinket stopping. I personally would think we have to leave around 7am............Bobo need input?
I will talk to Ray about the seminar and let you know ...

No..... I meant later in the year when we head out to meet Cubby and The Little Woman in Las Vegas ... maybe you and Tracy could go then?? We'll talk?:)

Ruthie,
What time would you like to leave Las Cruses so we can get in early for a car wash? Kent says 7 hours and I don't know if that includes trinket stopping. I personally would think we have to leave around 7am............Bobo need input?

My .02... 7AM would be about right. Mapquest says 7.5 hours. That way we could get checked in and have plenty of :beerchug::beerchug::bar00: time before going to bed early (I can't believe I actually said that... well, we DO have to get up for the CC run the next morning). Don't you :love: the way I argue with myself???

Left out the car wash, Oh, thats right you can't get a car wash because your windows won't go up. We are all going to have to help polish it then.:blinzel:
My .02... 7AM would be about right. Mapquest says 7.5 hours. That way we could get checked in and have plenty of :beerchug::beerchug::bar00: time before going to bed early (I can't believe I actually said that... well, we DO have to get up for the CC run the next morning). Don't you :love: the way I argue with myself???

Left out the car wash, Oh, thats right you can't get a car wash because your windows won't go up. We are all going to have to help polish it then.:blinzel:
WOW... you'd ALL do that for me??? I'm beginning to feel special.
Actually, the window will go up into the channel, but only if I gently press on the top of the glass after I get out.

Wow your going to go to bed early. Cubby keeps telling me I can sleep when I get home. Little tip MT if you plan on going to bed early don't let the rest no your hotel room number. You might find ballons in the door way when you wake up or maybe a piano. :D:chuckle:chuckleI believe Madam can verify.

I know quite a few members that would and that says a lot.:grouphug:
WOW... you'd ALL do that for me??? I'm beginning to feel special.
Actually, the window will go up into the channel, but only if I gently press on the top of the glass after I get out.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom