Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Roster / head count for the 15 yr event

Cadillac convention

The wife & I will be at the National Cadillac/LaSalle convention in San Marcos, TX, next week. I'll be sure to mention our BG gathering to all the XLR people there.:thumbsup

It’s me ... Lola’s Mom!

Hi my friends...

I logged in under Ray’s name for two reasons ... the first, because for some reason my password isn’t allowing me to log in .... and of course, the 2nd is to retire Detail Guy from the roster. :patriot:

Most all of you know by now that Ray passed away just a few days before Christmas last year ... unexpectedly.... You all know how he loved my Lola ... the great times we had on all of our Rendezvous.... and all of you. I miss him terribly. Thank you to all of you who sent me messages, cards, text messages, phone calls, flowers, contributed to the dog rescue, and continue to support me as I try to put our 51 year marriage into its correct season of my life.

Today, very unexpectedly, I received a trifecta (Thanks Supra for the perfect description) of phone calls from my XLR girlfriends... we talked about attending this event in September.... even though some of us no longer own our wonderful, magical, beautiful XLRs ... and, yes, I did sell Lola ... it broke my heart to do so, but Lola needed a stepfather ...
Anyway ... I’m going to plan to attend ... I need a healthy dose of the Midwest Marauders love and comfort!
Im looking forward to seeing all of you ... old friends and new ...

xxoo
(Always) Lola’s Mom
RA

Last edited:
Looking forward to this trip now, more,than ever! Just proves my point that it isn't about the car.......it's about the people that the car brought together! I was with Bruce & Kathy yesterday at Corvette event in Indy and told them they needed to attend to see all our old friends. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Hi my friends...

I logged in under Ray’s name for two reasons ... the first, because for some reason my password isn’t allowing me to log in .... and of course, the 2nd is to retire Detail Guy from the roster. :patriot:

Most all of you know by now that Ray passed away just a few days before Christmas last year ... unexpectedly.... You all know how he loved my Lola ... the great times we had on all of our Rendezvous.... and all of you. I miss him terribly. Thank you to all of you who sent me messages, cards, text messages, phone calls, flowers, contributed to the dog rescue, and continue to support me as I try to put our 51 year marriage into its correct season of my life.

Today, very unexpectedly, I received a trifecta (Thanks Supra for the perfect description) of phone calls from my XLR girlfriends... we talked about attending this event in September.... even though some of us no longer own our wonderful, magical, beautiful XLRs ... and, yes, I did sell Lola ... it broke my heart to do so, but Lola needed a stepfather ...
Anyway ... I’m going to plan to attend ... I need a healthy dose of the Midwest Marauders love and comfort!

xxoo
(Always) Lola’s Mom
RA

Hi my friends...

xxoo
(Always) Lola’s Mom
RA

It is wonderful that you are coming. We all come to this forum because of the XLR passion but after spending some time around here and attending events it becomes more about friendships - which come easy as we are all like minded people. :)

Hi my friends...

xxoo
(Always) Lola’s Mom
RA
This is wonderful news, RA - we all know this wouldn't be a true XLR gathering, without all the core people being there. It doesn't matter what any of us drive ... its truly the FRIENDSHIPS that bring us together and its the friendships that keep us all going! I am really hoping that I will have doctors' approval to be in Bowling Green in September - God willing. :) BIG HUGS to you!

Dave

RA!!! I put you back on the roster list. it's going to be great to see you again!

Chad

Hi Chad,
Please add me and David to the list of attendees. Let me know what you need for $$$ and how to get it to you.
Thanks!
Can't miss a chance to :party with :angeland :shedevil and the rest of the MMs.

~Cathy "Quinn" and David "DD" Kinney
We'll be bringing the Corvette and missing The Barbie Car. Bet I can get a short ride with Chicago Dave for old times' sake. :)

Was at Lockhart Cadillac this morning servicing my XTS. Ran into a new owner of a 2006 XLR. Told him about this site and the reunion. Hope we have a new member.

Count me in!!

Please add me to the list + 1. I just made hotel reservations. They still have rooms but no more that include breakfast. I also need the itinerary.
Thanks

I agree with Chicago Dave

I agree with Chicago Dave (and I haven't even met him yet....lol) It's about the FRIENDSHIPS and if you've ever owned, or heck, even ridden in a XLR you're instantly family as far as I'm concerned :) Come on RA (and friends) we'd love to have you at the reunion. I look forward to meeting you all there (although it looks like I'm only going to be able to make the first few days of the event (I have to be back in Florida before the 28th of September as we're honoring a local "Coach" who has been volunteering for over 35 years to help the kids and the community. See you there! "Tikiman100" Greg Devlin jgregdevlin@gmail.com

This is wonderful news, RA - we all know this wouldn't be a true XLR gathering, without all the core people being there. It doesn't matter what any of us drive ... its truly the FRIENDSHIPS that bring us together and its the friendships that keep us all going! I am really hoping that I will have doctors' approval to be in Bowling Green in September - God willing. :) BIG HUGS to you!

Dave

We look forward to meeting you Betty Boop

We look forward to meeting you Betty Boop! "Tikiman100" Greg Devlin

Please add me to the list + 1. I just made hotel reservations. They still have rooms but no more that include breakfast. I also need the itinerary.
Thanks

Pasted the itinerary here.

Itinerary
15th Anniversary Bowling Green Assembly Plant Homecoming Reunion
September 26th – 28th 2018
6/18/18

Tuesday September 25, 2018:
​Drive in this day. In the evening we’ll have a meet and greet dinner at Montana Grill, 1740 Scottsville Road. (Montana Grille). At around 6PM. The restaurant is just behind the hotel and on Scottsville Road, it is a short couple minutes’ walk.

Wednesday September 26, 2018
​Visit Mammoth Cave National Park. East on I-65, exit 48 (and 53). Take Interstate 65 to Exit 48 (Park City Exit). Turn left onto KY-255 and follow 255 as it becomes the Park City Road into the park. Follow Park City Road until it joins the Mammoth Cave Parkway; turn left. Follow the Mammoth Cave Parkway to the Visitor Center. Mammoth Cave National Park (U.S. National Park Service) . Remember, this is a cave! Wear shoes, it can get damp, and a jacket if you get cold easily. Lots of information on the web site, we can make reservations from the website also, pick the tour that suits you best. Time to leave(??). It doesn’t take long to get there. There is a café at the visitor’s center, we could have lunch. I’d say we leave at 10AM. With the Senior Park Pass (you did get yours before the price jump?) was halve price for me and the wife, $14, so about $28 w/o pass, (last year’s prices). More info for the cave tour Cave Tours of Mammoth Cave NP - Mammoth Cave National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

​Dinner at Rafferty’s, at 6pm. :: Raffertys :: . 1939 Scottsville Road, Scottsville Road is the main road behind the hotels and on the same street as Montana Grill.

Thursday September 27, 2018
Road Trip!! We’re going to Maker’s Mark Distillery, 3350 Burks Spring Road Loretto, KY. Maker's Mark Distillery | See How We Make Our Bourbon Whisky.
1. Take I-65 North to Elizabethtown, Ky., to Bluegrass Parkway East.
2. Continue to Bardstown Exit #25.
3. Turn left at the exit onto Hwy. 150.
4. Turn left onto Hwy. 49 South (at McDonald’s).
5. Follow Hwy. 49 where you will turn left onto Hwy. 52 East into Loretto.
6. Continue on through Loretto.
7. Turn left onto Bill Samuels Jr. Rd. and historic Maker’s Mark Distillery is straight ahead.
This is a little over two-hour drive with a time zone change. To get there we’ll leave at 8AM. Once there, we’ll have to break out into 2 maybe 3 groups, the sampling rooms aren’t big enough for our group of about 60 people. There is a sandwich shop there, we can have a lunch if you would like too. I’ve called and warned them about our arrival. Admission to the tour, as of September 2017 when the wife and I went, was $12 per person.

​As for dinner, this is a do your own night. Try some of the many places in Bowling Green, maybe there’s a place you like to try (and maybe get away from the group for a night and treat the wife!). For some of the rest of us that may want to. I thought this could be the pizza night. Meet in the hotel lobby, pass the hat, order a bunch of pizzas, BYOB. We’ve done this before and it was a blast.

Friday September 28, 2018

This day is the NCM tour package. We have to be at NCM by 9:15AM. Enter the parking lot by Gate A. We’ll check in and I believe that we will get wrist bands to tour the museum and order our box lunch. The order form that they sent me for the lunch wraps has: turkey on wheat wrap, ham on spinach wrap, or chicken salad on wheat wrap. Also, Chips, and Christie Cookie. Pepsi, diet Pepsi, or water for drinks. At this check in, you’ll pay me for the tour package. It’s $29 per person, please have small bills and/or correct amount! I’m paying for this ahead of the meet. If you have to cancel your trip, please inform me so that I can get the correct head count and pre-pay the correct amount.
• 9:30 arrive and tour the museum. If you haven’t seen the museum since the sink hole. They have a new display of the cars destroyed and an outline of the “hole” on the floor.
• 11:00 box lunch (assorted wraps).
• 12:00 depart for RC Components, http://www.rccomponents.com/. Safety glass will be provided and must be worn, and no pictures inside the facility.
• 1:30 depart for Chaney’s
• 1:45 Chaney’s Farm tour & ice cream. http://www.chaneysdairybarn.com/index.html
• 3:15 done with tour.
The NCM tour will have a lead car and guide to accompany us.
If you have any questions about this tour. Contact Debbie Eaton at NCM, 270 467-8808. Make sure and tell her you’re with the XLR Anniversary Group on Sept. 28th.

Dinner at Steamer Seafood, 6PM. 801 State St. For you seafood lovers! Sorry I can’t find a web link. 270 783-2637. When I called them, they asked if we’re doing menu or buffet. It sounds like the buffet will be easier.
Saturday September 29th, 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I put you on the roster!! Welcome to the group!!

Chad

Hi Chad,
Please add me and David to the list of attendees. Let me know what you need for $$$ and how to get it to you.
Thanks!
Can't miss a chance to :party with :angeland :shedevil and the rest of the MMs.

~Cathy "Quinn" and David "DD" Kinney
We'll be bringing the Corvette and missing The Barbie Car. Bet I can get a short ride with Chicago Dave for old times' sake. :)

It's going to be great to see you two again!!! Dave,,, guitar??? We got a great patio at this hotel. I checked it out just for that reason when I was there checking up on things in 2017.

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back