Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Run Flat tires

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
When I got my XLR they said they should be run flats on the car, Does anyone know if these are or not? They are Goodyear Eagles F1 A/S M+S Ultra Performance 235/50ZR18 Caron Fiber side walls, Treadwear 420, Traction AA, Temp. A The Goodyear website site mentions run flats should have EMT on the side wall :dunno: Can anyone help please!!

They should say "Zero Pressure" if I am not mistaken. :cool:

When I got my XLR they said they should be run flats on the car, Does anyone know if these are or not? They are Goodyear Eagles F1 A/S M+S Ultra Performance 235/50ZR18 Caron Fiber side walls, Treadwear 420, Traction AA, Temp. A The Goodyear website site mentions run flats should have EMT on the side wall :dunno: Can anyone help please!!

If it does have run flats, get rid of them. The car rides 100% better without them. (My opinion only, I know there are mixed feelings about this on the forum)

Quote from TireRack:

"The Eagle F1 A/S-C EMT features Goodyear's self-supporting Extended Mobility Technology to temporarily provide drivability even after a complete loss of air pressure while eliminating the traditional spare tire and wheel to allow more storage and luggage space."

There is also an Eagle F1 A/S-C (not EMT) that is NOT a run-flat. Hope this helps.

If a Goodyear doesn't have EMT on the sidewall, it's not a runflat.

Fwiw, the Michelin runflats (which came on the first couple years) are identified with ZP on the sidewall (for zero pressure).

The Goodyears cost more and have a lower treadwear rating.

New Tire

Thanks forall your replies! :worship: I did not think they where because they don't have EMT on them. But I still think these give a ****ty ride the car handles well and not noisey but it's like you feel every bump in the road! I guess I'll use them to there wore out, I like the look of these tires. So any good recommendation that you all like for new tires in the future? :rocker: Caddy Man Dan

Run flats

Got 22,000 miles on the original run flats. Currently up to 30,000 + on Michelin's with tons of tread left!:naughty:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom