Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR Ride

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
XLR Forum Friends [I have A QUESTION] :willy_nilly: My 05 XLR when I drive over bumps, bridge splits, manhole covers, a blacktop patch jobs & even just uneven bumpy payment it sound simular to like the shocks are bottoming out, Is this a normal sound for 05 XLR, I do realalize that I"m not going to get a larger wheelbase Caddy ride because this is a short base sports car. I originally thought it was from run flat tires but I checked and they are not run flats. The tires are low profile, carbon fiber sides 18" Goodyear Ultra Hi Prefomance A/S Eagle F1 235/50ZR18. I handles excellent even at high speeds. I would like to hear your feedback of your XLR's is this normal? Thanks! :blinzel: Caddy Man Dan

My '07 does nothing like you are explaining. No sounds at all going over bumps, etc.

My '07 does nothing like you are explaining. No sounds at all going over bumps, etc.

I notice today that if I push down on the front drivers side hard enough to make it bounce it feels like its bottoming out. I tried to look around that area but it so close to ground I could not see anything. I guess that I will take it to the Cadillac garage and have them check it out. Has any one every had to change their shocks and are they speaical on this car or just regular type of shock? Thanks! Caddy Man Dan <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

$pecial is absolutey correct. I am sure the magnetic ride control replacements will be quite spendy.

XLR Ride Update

Well it was the driver side shock bottoming out on 05 Grand Daddy Caddy, so got on the internet and order a set from GMPartsCenter.net best price for both front shocks shipped to door for $1233.15 got an email today shipped FEDEX today already! Dealer price at $1020.00 ea. I ask them for best offer and they did offer them at 756.00 ea. Now can any caddy dealer install or are XLR different. I have a Renn Kirby in Gettysburg that can do $166.00
Caddy Man Dan!:seeya

Well it was the driver side shock bottoming out on 05 Grand Daddy Caddy, so got on the internet and order a set from GMPartsCenter.net best price for both front shocks shipped to door for $1233.15 got an email today shipped FEDEX today already! Dealer price at $1020.00 ea. I ask them for best offer and they did offer them at 756.00 ea. Now can any caddy dealer install or are XLR different. I have a Renn Kirby in Gettysburg that can do $166.00
Caddy Man Dan!:seeya

New shocks on the front, noise gone and rides like a Caddy should." IT'S FIXED"! :worship:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! PLEASE BE SAFE! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back