Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show and tell

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
There has been talk on some of the threads about our "other toys".
This thread will give us all a place to show and tell about our toys whatever they may be, cars, bikes, tractors etc.

Here a few photos of my old baby, a 1970 Ford Ranger XLT F250 Camper Special. This truck was purchased for my Grandfather by my dad and his brothers. I purchased it from my Grandfather in 1979, 30 long years together. It is equipped with the 460 cid V-8 (365 hp, 500 lb.ft. torque),C6 automatic and front disc brakes. The restoration took us 12 yrs. In 2003 we drove her to Dearborn, MI for Ford's 100th birthday celebration.

1970FordTruck032.jpg

1970FordTruck028.jpg

1970FordTruck038.jpg

1970FordTruck054.jpg

1970FordTruck060.jpg

Bruce :wave:

There has been talk on some of the threads about our "other toys".
This thread will give us all a place to show and tell about our toys whatever they may be, cars, bikes, tractors etc.

Here a few photos of my old baby, a 1970 Ford Ranger XLT F250 Camper Special. This truck was purchased for my Grandfather by my dad and his brothers. I purchased it from my Grandfather in 1979, 30 long years together. It is equipped with the 460 cid V-8 (365 hp, 500 lb.ft. torque),C6 automatic and front disc brakes. The restoration took us 12 yrs. In 2003 we drove her to Dearborn, MI for Ford's 100th birthday celebration.

1970FordTruck032.jpg

1970FordTruck028.jpg

1970FordTruck038.jpg

1970FordTruck054.jpg

1970FordTruck060.jpg

Bruce :wave:
Looks really good Bruce its always nice to have good memories.;)

Fred:wave:

Very nice Bruce. Love the baby. Thanks for starting the thread and finally posting a picture of your baby.:patriot::worship:

Very nice Bruce. Love the baby. Thanks for starting the thread and finally posting a picture of your baby.:patriot::worship:

Thanks, I'm glad you like her, she's not too bad for an old girl.
Hopefully there will be many more posts. You and Missy can post pictures of your new rides. I would like to see pictures of Cubby's bikes too.

Bruce :D

Wow! Very nice! I love hearing old stories about people and their cars. Very neat story, thanks for sharing. What a beauty! ;)

Hopefully there will be many more posts. You and Missy can post pictures of your new rides. I would like to see pictures of Cubby's bikes too.

I will have to have Cubby do that. I don't know how to post pics not that talented. :D

If you go to my profile there is an area I've posted my bikes and some of the past cars Dad & I had.

BTW: Love the truck and the building--Are you in front of Bob Villas place!!!!

The barn is near our house, I just borrowed it. It has only been up for a few months.

If you go to my profile there is an area I've posted my bikes and some of the past cars Dad & I had.

BTW: Love the truck and the building--Are you in front of Bob Villas place!!!!

Great pictures of your toys.

CT ... your truck looks beautiful against the background of that barn. Looks like a picture right from a calendar. Ray once had an old Ford truck - a '47 ... that was back in the 60's. I don't know if I can find an old Kodak shot of that or not - in THOSE days we only took limited pictures as each ROLL of film only held either 10 or 12 exposures (remember having "flash cubes" lying around with one or two "flashes" left on them?" .... cars aren't the only thing that has come a long way ... look what we can do with cameras now! :rocker:

Rich,

It's time to show everyone your GAMEROOM!!!!!

Cad Tech: Very nice truck, looks better than new. I was picturing all your other toys locked in the barn!
Cubby: Harleys & Chevrolets! Looks like a great selection to choose from, very nice toys. We should start a side forum over here, I'll post up mine when I get some time.
Bruce

Cad Tech: Very nice truck, looks better than new. I was picturing all your other toys locked in the barn!
Cubby: Harleys & Chevrolets! Looks like a great selection to choose from, very nice toys. We should start a side forum over here, I'll post up mine when I get some time.
Bruce

Thank you, it took a lot of our time and of course money. It was just going to be a "summer project" in 1980 that went really wrong.:lol: When I met Kathy in 1983 it was in pieces, she was not impressed. It is a lot of fun to drive, at least for me.

I'm hoping to see a lot more toys posted. I know Jim and Jean have some cars they show and I'd like to see mswaim's Shelby.
Whatever you have or have had, share it with the class. :)

Thank you, it took a lot of our time and of course money. It was just going to be a "summer project" in 1980 that went really wrong.:lol: When I met Kathy in 1983 it was in pieces, she was not impressed. It is a lot of fun to drive, atleast for me.

I'm hoping to see a lot more toys posted. I know Jim and Jean have some cars they show and I'd like to see mswaim's Shelby.
Whatever you have or have had, share it with the class. :)

Do you just want pictures of just the automotive toys or any toys? :D

Thank you, it took a lot of our time and of course money. It was just going to be a "summer project" in 1980 that went really wrong.:lol: When I met Kathy in 1983 it was in pieces, she was not impressed. It is a lot of fun to drive, at least for me.

I thought he had money back then! :laugh: Boy, was I wrong!! :laugh:

Kathy

A 1990 ZR-1 that I bought in 1994 with only 179 miles on it. Right now, I have around 34,000 miles on it.

attachment.php

A 2004 BMW 330xi with the cold weather and sport packages. I really love this car. It's amazing how silky smooth it is. It handles great and is awesome in the winter:

attachment.php

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back