Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

My NEW ride: `09 XLR Crystal Red Metalic

Ok, now that we have a few members here, lets see some pics of those XLRs!
DCP_0267.jpgDCP_0274.jpgDCP_0272.jpgDCP_0271.jpgDCP_0269.jpgDCP_0267.jpgDCP_0266.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my new ride, these thumbnails do not do justice, I wanted to post larger pictures but, alas I am cluless. Once I learn how I hope to add to my garage with the larger format pictures.

Here are a few pictures of my new ride, these thumbnails do not do justice, I wanted to post larger pictures but, alas I am cluless. Once I learn how I hope to add to my garage with the larger format pictures.

Nice looking ride!! I think it's the same color as my '07...

Patrick, your thumbnails expand just fine. Great car. :)

I keep forgetting that you're in the Palm Springs area. We're in Palm Desert about 1/3 of the time (informal "Snow Birds"), so I'll be on the lookout for your car. :wave: We just got back to Colorado, and likely will be back in CA in September. I'm really considering taking my '06 XLR ("QUIK AG") out there next time. Stay cool!

Tim

Welcome Patrick, I like your choice of car & colour :)Identical to mine except for the wheels!.....which is good so if we ever meet we won't mix up our cars!

mtrocket: no, not the same colour but very close, if the car are seperated by 3 or 4 other cars you would think that they are the same but side by side they are different. I discovered that this weekend in Gettysburg! Just different enough that you could not borrow my touch up, yours is a shade darker.

I was just looking in the model info online here and 09 + 08's are the same. 07 + 06's are the same, (plus 07 had the Victory Red special edition) and 05 + 04's are the same: so three different deep reds. I wish I had realized that when in Gettusburg as Crimson Pearl was there too in his 05 and we could have compared more closely. Now I am curious if the 05's are closer to my red or your red?

........................ Now I am curious if the 05's are closer to my red or your red?

The Crimson Pearl is closer to your color than the '06-'07, in my opinion

View attachment 2144View attachment 2148View attachment 2147View attachment 2146View attachment 2145View attachment 2144View attachment 2143

NOTE: if you click on the pictures they get larger then you can click on the again to view even larger yet!!
:wave:Dan

NOTE: if you click on the pictures they get larger then you can click on the again to view even larger yet!!
:wave:Dan

OK so I have been an active member of this site for over a year and I did not know about the 'Click it AGAIN' thing! :dunno:

:lol: Almost 3 years for me, and I didn't know either. Thanks Dan.
OK so I have been an active member of this site for over a year and I did not know about the 'Click it AGAIN' thing! :dunno:

WOW!! I've been a member a month and a half and already I'm getting smarter.
I guess there really are no dumb questions.

Thanx guys for your responses.

Too hot to show Beauty at an outside show so I thought I'd show the results of our winter project here.

Took a few steps to get to the end product. First, had the dealer paint the cover body color. Then had an airbrush artist airbrush the "Northstar VVT" in silver and add silver stripes. Also had him colorize the center emblem. Unfortunately, we didn't give him a copy of the emblem and he used one off the internet that had fluorescent yellow for the gold part. :bash: That looked really bad, and we found out that apparently you can't get just the emblem without buying the entire cover. :dunno: So we decided to start over and design our own centerpiece. We mocked up something & sent it to Carartwork to finalize. Ended up with something we like much better than anything we could do with the original part. :D

Attachments

• Engine Cover A - Copy (3).jpg
    Engine Cover A - Copy (3).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Engine Cover B - Copy (2).jpg
    Engine Cover B - Copy (2).jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 327
That looks fabulous!

It should be quite an attention-getter when "Beauty" appears at the next Car Show.

Too hot to show Beauty at an outside show so I thought I'd show the results of our winter project here.

Took a few steps to get to the end product. First, had the dealer paint the cover body color. Then had an airbrush artist airbrush the "Northstar VVT" in silver and add silver stripes. Also had him colorize the center emblem. Unfortunately, we didn't give him a copy of the emblem and he used one off the internet that had fluorescent yellow for the gold part. :bash: That looked really bad, and we found out that apparently you can't get just the emblem without buying the entire cover. :dunno: So we decided to start over and design our own centerpiece. We mocked up something & sent it to Carartwork to finalize. Ended up with something we like much better than anything we could do with the original part. :D

Looks great......I did the same thing earlier this spring :cool:

EngCvr1.jpg

Looks great......I did the same thing earlier this spring :cool:

View attachment 2188

Thanks! Glad to see a picture of yours - been wanting to see how you did yours ever since I saw that added in your signature. Looks good with your body color!

I thought some others mike like this picture as well as I do!

Well, the title of this thread IS Show us your XLR!

This photo taken on the Blue Ridge Parkway, on our way to Pennsylvania.

DSC00781.jpg

Show us your XLR

We went to Gettysburg Sunday evening for diner and after diner it was it beautiful eve for top down ride so we went over by the Peace Light and got this picture!

IMG_0518.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back