Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Showing off the shine!

Just had to add my baby here now that it looks so fantastic! My son Brandon is a fanatic about automotive paint. He actually put himself thru college detailing vehicles inside & out on the weekends, he was booked solid all summer. Anyway he is very serious about what he does, he took my car last week, had it for 5 days, working on it in his spare time.

Side Note: Brandon is a partner in his own business, an Active Green & Ross store: an Canadian tire and auto service chain simular to a Goodyear Tire Centres in the USA. He and his business partner Eric were the youngest owners in the AG&R chain ever, they were both 21 when they purchased the business!

Sorry, back to my story: The car's finish desperatly needed some attention and Brandon wanted to do this for me. Keep in mind that after 2 months of looking for my XLR, and 3 weeks waiting for it to arrive from Missouri: I only had the car for 2 weeks and it is gone again! :confused: So after 5 days of me impatiently waiting I finally got the call yesterday that it was ready to pick it up. Well the wait was worth it, I have never seen a shine as deep as this on a red car! What a fabulous son I have! :worship:

That's me smiling from the drivers seat! For more pictures check out my photo albums!

Just had to add my baby here now that it looks so fantastic! My son Brandon is a fanatic about automotive paint. He actually put himself thru college detailing vehicles inside & out on the weekends, he was booked solid all summer. Anyway he is very serious about what he does, he took my car last week, had it for 5 days, working on it in his spare time.

Side Note: Brandon is a partner in his own business, an Active Green & Ross store: an Canadian tire and auto service chain simular to a Goodyear Tire Centres in the USA. He and his business partner Eric were the youngest owners in the AG&R chain ever, they were both 21 when they purchased the business!

Sorry, back to my story: The car's finish desperatly needed some attention and Brandon wanted to do this for me. Keep in mind that after 2 months of looking for my XLR, and 3 weeks waiting for it to arrive from Missouri: I only had the car for 2 weeks and it is gone again! :confused: So after 5 days of me impatiently waiting I finally got the call yesterday that it was ready to pick it up. Well the wait was worth it, I have never seen a shine as deep as this on a red car! What a fabulous son I have! :worship:

That's me smiling from the drivers seat! For more pictures check out my photo albums!

WOW!!!!! Gorgeous!!!! You have many reasons to be proud of your son...

Beautiful car! Your son did a fantastic job on the finish! I wish he was closer, I would have him do his magic on our red cars!!! I'm sure you will get lots of comments on your new XLR as we have all found. People love them! Congrats!

xlr-bobs.jpg

I love this car, fresh pic after a light wetsand and polish to smooth things out :)

Thanks for the feedback, I love my car but we are very proud of our son, he has got it all going on: successful growing business, a beautiful home and is marrying his college sweetheart this August! (and he still finds time to work on mom's car, xoxoxo) Our daughter is already married and we have one grandaughter: that just leaves Steve & I to play with our toys and early retirement is on the horizon: Whoohoo!
:party......lets party!
attachment.php

Hey James04XLR. Did you have the wet sand done at a body shop or do it yourself? I have a few sand chips that I want to have filled and then the car lightly sanded and polished just as you have. If it was a shop could you tell me what they charged?

Thanks and your car looks fantastic!

[QUOTE=Comfortzone

I really like what you did, the dark tinting really looks great on the silver car! :worship:

I feel like we're in 'battle of the backgrounds' here... lol I haven't owned the car for very long, so it hasn't made it's way around very much.... just yet. But, here's my contribution:

JennsCar018.jpg

JennsCar023.jpg

JennsCar024.jpg

JennsCar004.jpg

JennsCar008.jpg

Comfortzone,
Really sharp! Everything just looks right. Well done

Bob

I feel like we're in 'battle of the backgrounds' here... lol I haven't owned the car for very long, so it hasn't made it's way around very much.... just yet. But, here's my contribution:

Great looking car... great looking background. Hope to meet you guys sometime... coming to Bowling Green this weekend???

Comfortzone,
Really sharp! Everything just looks right. Well done

Bob

Agreed. Now, if I can just convince the wifey to let me do that to her car.... hmmmmm.

2004 XLR Black Raven

After owning an 03 SL500 for many years, I finally stopped into a local dealer to drive this low mileage XLR and it was love at first sight. I had to get it. So today I decided to wax the car, I will post more pics later.

Here is to a better year for each one of us.

Shan.

After owning an 03 SL500 for many years, I finally stopped into a local dealer to drive this low mileage XLR and it was love at first sight. I had to get it. So today I decided to wax the car, I will post more pics later.

Here is to a better year for each one of us.

Shan.

A BEAUTY, to be sure... congrats and welcome to ownership!!!

Shan Welcome to the site!
Your gonna love your XLR and this site! I would say I'm kinda possessed with ours even though we live in PA I drive it daily unless it really bad weather, I drive it when it rains too but should let it in garage because it take me about 3-4 hours to detail it each time. I waxed ours with Zaino's some pretty awesome stuff but a little pricey compared to some of the other product on the market. Looks great what kind of wax did you use?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom