Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Cubby .... I just got a chance to take a look at the pictures of Scarlett V ..... ohhhhh, she's a beauty too! I just love the XLR in red .... 'such a sports car color! :cool: :rocker:

Cubby .... I just got a chance to take a look at the pictures of Scarlett V ..... ohhhhh, she's a beauty too! I just love the XLR in red .... 'such a sports car color! :cool: :rocker:
Thanks Madam. Scarlett V is beatiful. Cubby has already been putting on the extras. Trying to definetly have her ready for San Antonio. Scarlett has been bought she is still sitting in our garage waiting for her new parents to come and get her. I am going to get them on this site. I know she will have a good home. The guy that bought her is one of our friends and he has a love of cars just like we do. I'm trying to talk him and his wife into joining us in May. He bought Scarlett for his wife. What a nice hubby. I told Scarlett's new parents that if I see her around town looking bad I'm going to take her back. I know she will be well taken care of. I think I'm going to cry when she leaves. :(:ugh:

Super Freak, see if the new owners would like to join us in Asheville. It would be a great drive for them.

Bruce :cool:

Super Freak, see if the new owners would like to join us in Asheville. It would be a great drive for them.

Bruce :cool:
I asked them. They won't be able to make that trip. They just built a house and I believe that is around move in date. I know they for sure want to do some trips with us. I have told them all about the this site and even told them not to go on the bad site. I told them when they get on this site to make sure their first post is I bought Cubby's Scarlett. Yes he knows the car has been named on this site.

WOW!!!!!! The worst part is that it looks like the frame got pushed in and/or twisted. I'd think that'll be the worst part!!!

Was that a 2009?

Ooooph. That just took my breath away.
Makes me sick to see that.
First of course, I am so glad that your wife is okay .....
Looking at the door ... I can't believe how well it kept it's "shape" .... doesn't look like it caved in on her at all. That's a lot of mph and a heck of a hit.
Kid just bought himself a car, eh?

Glad to hear your wife is OK. Terrible to see such a fine car trashed by ignorance of another driver. I see your avatar description shows 2009 XLR-V; I assume that is the replacement. Heck of a way to get a new one!!

Glad your wife is okay. When the kid seen what he hit I bet he was thinking oh crap.:(

WOW!!!!!! The worst part is that it looks like the frame got pushed in and/or twisted. I'd think that'll be the worst part!!!

Was that a 2009?

Looks like an 04 to me. Did this happen in New York City? If so what intersections or what street?

Something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned.

A member PM'd me a short while ago wanting to know why I deleted his post from this thread and that he never had that problem on the "other" forum.

His post is exactly where he posted it on the previous page. I didn't delete it, nor would I have a reason to delete it.

I want to be perfectly clear here: I'm the only one here with the ability to move and delete posts and threads.

As is the practice on my other site - the Corvette Action Center, I as well as my Administration there, do not delete posts without notifying the post owner.

You will never come to any site I own and operate and find your posts deleted without a reason why.

I really want to make this clear because posts do not just appear / disappear on their own, unless someone with Administrative approval has the ability to do that, and since I'm the only one here with that ability, I assure you I have not deleted any posts, nor will I ever without letting you know.

I would have DONE oh crap!!!

I do sometimes worry a bit while driving the XLR. It seems people don't see it - especially if they're sitting high up in an SUV or something. I never have issues being seen in my SUV, but sometimes driving the XLR (or the motorcycle) can be a frightening experience....

The X is a 2005. The accident happened in Morrisville, NC. The integrity of the car held up very well but designed to crush (absorb impact) and protect the occupant. The car was totaled. Trunk lid askew, top intact, console broken, seat integrity intact. When the car hit the window shattered . My wifes sunglasses were found on the hood of the Honda!

When we went to take our plates off the car, my wife remembered that she had stuff in the trunk and that the Cadillac windscreen was still in place with the top up. Tough to get the windscreen off with the top up but knowing what we paid for it we got it removed with the help of the bodyshop tech. Believe it or not the trunk still opened (manually). The battery worked and the car would start but went into some type of emergency mode where it was running on like four cylinders and the outside light system would flash rapidly.

I believe if my wife had been in anything else she would have been a goner. Thanks to OnStar...Paramedics, cops and fire were there in 3 minutes. Got her out and to the hospital where she was kept overnight for observation. So far so good. A testament to GM/Cadillac safety engineering. Yes, we went out and got another X. :beerchug:

Cunard One

That's a great story since it had such a good outcome. I remember seeing, at the Corvette Museum at RII, a Corvette that had gone through crash testing. It was remarkable! It was hit at around 50 MPH - the car was a mess, but the passenger compartment was in excellent condition. Indeed, a testament to modern engineering, since, in the "old' days, they made cars sturdy enough to kill the occupants but spare the vehicle! Let me see if I can find that picture......

Not a great picture, but here it is. I'm proud of myelf that i found it so quickly!
Cadillac Tech might remember the speed at impact. If he doesn't, I'll see it again in a few days! (Obviously a front end impact)

IMG_0127.jpg

Something has come to my attention that has me a little concerned.

A member PM'd me a short while ago wanting to know why I deleted his post from this thread and that he never had that problem on the "other" forum.

His post is exactly where he posted it on the previous page. I didn't delete it, nor would I have a reason to delete it.

I want to be perfectly clear here: I'm the only one here with the ability to move and delete posts and threads.

As is the practice on my other site - the Corvette Action Center, I as well as my Administration there, do not delete posts without notifying the post owner.

You will never come to any site I own and operate and find your posts deleted without a reason why.

I really want to make this clear because posts do not just appear / disappear on their own, unless someone with Administrative approval has the ability to do that, and since I'm the only one here with that ability, I assure you I have not deleted any posts, nor will I ever without letting you know.
Don't let this upset you Rob. You are a great administrator and fair. Any time Rob thinks we were getting a little testy he post to tell us. We have found a nice home here and a nice guy, lets not ruin it. Thank you Rob for your hard work and great site. :patriot::worship:

Don't let this upset you Rob. You are a great administrator and fair. Any time Rob thinks we were getting a little testy he post to tell us. We have found a nice home here and a nice guy, lets not ruin it. Thank you Rob for your hard work and great site. :patriot::worship:

INDEED!!!! Rob... :rocker::rocker:

Here's mine
2385380Picture.jpg

Very nice Bassman. Have you named him yet? :dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics