Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Your Vanity (tags)...

IMG_0028.jpg

I think everyone already knows mine; but here it is:

DSC00376-1-1.jpg

Cindy won't let me have what I want - XLR8, mtroket, or anything that implies the car is fast. So, I just go with the basic number plate. BTW... it would be interesting to see how much each state charges for the Vanity plates. I believe Montana is an addtional $25 the first year and $10 or $15 each year after.

The State of Illinois loves me--have vanity plates on every vehicle--3 cars and 2 bikes. They also announced a few months ago that fees for all plates will double and in some cases triple (vanity plates) at the beginning of the year. Currently my motorcycle plates are $76 a year, the cars for the first year are between $116-163 a year and then $76-123 per year.

Cindy won't let me have what I want - XLR8, mtroket, or anything that implies the car is fast. So, I just go with the basic number plate. BTW... it would be interesting to see how much each state charges for the Vanity plates. I believe Montana is an addtional $25 the first year and $10 or $15 each year after.

I dont have vanity plates but two cars total cost annualy in Arizona $1182.00.:(

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

For our current three (one with a vanity) the annual bite is around $125.00. It went up 40% this year!!!:mad:

Floyd (BB)

Virginia charges 10/year for the personalized letter combo and another 10 for any customized plates, above the normal registration fee... A bargain from what I've seen in other states

Ours in Illinois are high, but we have our ex-Governor making them for us.:laugh::laugh:

Virginia charges 10/year for the personalized letter combo and another 10 for any customized plates, above the normal registration fee... A bargain from what I've seen in other states

Vanity plate an extra $75 a year here in backwards Nebraska.

Here in NJ you have to pay 4 years up front for regular plates on a new car with new plates. A lease is 3 years up front.
If you transfer from your old car it's yearly.
Add to that a recycle tax (tires), + NJ (car??)tax (~$125?) for higher price cars like corvette, + NJ sales tax.
Used cars only pay sales tax (again).
Dont forget the transfer fees and title fees.

Vanity plates are $50 one time fee +the regular fee.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom