Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Solution for Suspension Control?

uhwarrior6608

Evening all,

Recently fell victim to the dreaded water in trunk, frying many of the components in that compartment. Most were able to be replaced, but alas I'll likely never find a replacement for the suspension control module. Now relegated to driving under 80 mph.

Is there a solution for this? I've read about replacing shocks, and deactivating something called the F45 via Tech II. With no suspension control, would this resolve the floating feeling and speed issue?

Any advice on how to work around this, or point me in the right direction, would be appreciated.

That is an option on the Corvette that can be turned off with a Tech II because Corvettes came with and without F55 suspension control systems. All XLRs have suspension control so it doesn't show up a as an option to turn on/off in the programming steps of the XLR Tech II program.

F45 was the selective ride control on the C5, F55 on the C6 integrated the same shocks as we have with their system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There's a pretty comprehensive thread here about another owner replacing the mag shock with conventional shocks and using null plugs in the electronic connections. Do a search for it.

Unfortunately using the plugs in that situation, is to fool a 'working suspension module' into thinking the car has the magnetic ride shocks. I don't think it will get rid of his problem of a non-working module.

There's a pretty comprehensive thread here about another owner replacing the mag shock with conventional shocks and using null plugs in the electronic connections. Do a search for it.

You are correct. You can change to non-MRC shocks, but the limitations caused by a toasted Suspension Control module remain in effect, besides the warning messages on the DIC.

They are:

1. A command is sent to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) limiting the engine to 80 MPH. The PCM generates the MAXIMUM SPEED warning message you see on the DIC.
2. All four MRC shock absorber solenoids are disabled.
3. Steering Wheel Position Sensor input is ignored, meaning StabiliTRAC is unavailable.

CC :wave:

Evening all,

Recently fell victim to the dreaded water in trunk, frying many of the components in that compartment. Most were able to be replaced, but alas I'll likely never find a replacement for the suspension control module. Now relegated to driving under 80 mph.

Is there a solution for this? I've read about replacing shocks, and deactivating something called the F45 via Tech II. With no suspension control, would this resolve the floating feeling and speed issue?

Any advice on how to work around this, or point me in the right direction, would be appreciated.
Has your 2004-05 XLR suspension module shorted out due to water damage? Want to fix it without spending $3K. Switch to Z06 shocks and install this bypass.
This bypass removes the "Service ride control" & "Speed limited to 80 mph" messages on the Driver Information Center display.
$375 free shipping money back guarantee. Paypal accept. Send me your email address to Strandcaster@currently.com and I will sent you a Paypal request for $375. I also accept XLR parts in trade.
https://youtu.be/R_gMVR8XcBo

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back