Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Sports Center

Super Bowl 2013

Let's go Broncos!!

Wait 'til the next time YOU come to Colorado...

:bash:

Seriously, I hope they DO find the real Broncos. I have no idea who those guys were in the orange uniforms last night.

:chuckle

Tim

WHO!!!??? Yay... and the SEAHAWKS take the trophy home!!!!

Last edited:
Hockey???

Somebody explain Hockey to me!!! Watched the Women's USA team game. They were ahead with only about 3 minutes in the game. In hockey, can't you just pass the puck around from player to player to stall and use up time? When I was watching, when they got control on the puck, they'd just shoot it down to the other end and let the Canadian team regroup for another try. Which they did and got more goals to tie the game. I'm no hockey fan here, by a long shot (no pun intended), and I can see that it's rough to control the puck. But I'd think that the USA team could've controlled the puck better and used up more time, stall, and won the game. Did you see how the Canadians got the last game winning goal? Must've pass that puck back and forth 4 or 5 times for that game winning shot!

Somebody explain Hockey to me!!! Watched the Women's USA team game. They were ahead with only about 3 minutes in the game. In hockey, can't you just pass the puck around from player to player to stall and use up time? When I was watching, when they got control on the puck, they'd just shoot it down to the other end and let the Canadian team regroup for another try. Which they did and got more goals to tie the game. I'm no hockey fan here, by a long shot (no pun intended), and I can see that it's rough to control the puck. But I'd think that the USA team could've controlled the puck better and used up more time, stall, and won the game. Did you see how the Canadians got the last game winning goal? Must've pass that puck back and forth 4 or 5 times for that game winning shot!

Lets see if I can help you out.

3 minutes is a long time to try and waste passing the puck back and forth between teammates. The other team will just send players in and choke up the passing lanes, looking for a turn over in the offensive end. You can burn more time off the clock by dumping the puck, letting the opposition chase it and make them try and bring it back down the ice. Then you need to make it tough for them to enter your offensive end, by standing them up on the blue line, sending only one player in to forecheck and the rest of the team clogging up the centre ice passing lanes. In OT they played 4on 4 and with the larger Olympic ice it allows more run for passing and skating. On The winning goal Team USA were killing a penalty so it was 4 on 3 so even more open ice to allow for passing the puck. Typically the players play 40 to 90 second shifts between line changes. When short handed and the penalty killers can not get a change because of the offensive pressure the advantage quickly shifts to the offensive team. It is harder to kill a penalty than being on the offence. Depending where the team benches are the power play team can even change out tired players while they are still in the oppositions end. By passing the puck around you are forcing the goalie to keep moving, with the hope that they make that one mistake. That one player out of position for a fraction of a second, that one skate blade you can bank a shot off. The fastest game on ice. If you ever get a chance to take in a NHL game, you will be amazed to the speed, how physical and how much goes on that you don't see on TV.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 271
Wahoowa, Wahoowa, Uni-v Virginia
Hoo ra ray, hoo ra ray, ray, ray, UVA

University of Virginia, 2014 ACC Regular Season & Tournament Champs

GO HOOS!

(better still because I really hate Duke)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom