Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

SRX owners

Cadillac Tech

Seasoned Member
Congrats to Quinn & DD on their recent SRX purchase, I hope you enjoy it.

How many of you XLR owners also have an SRX?

We do...

We bought a certified SRX at the same time as the XLR (traded in an '03 Escalade...). :)

Tim

As of today, Coach does! Traded the Equinox Sport. She has already declared that it can be the supply wagon (more room for Great Lakes and her garage full of detailing polishes,clothes, etc). This translates to me driving the SRX of course and Coach in Black Beauty - does not mean that we won't be the last to arrive, just late with more beer!:lol::lol:

I have the xlr but mom has srx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRX owner

My other car is a 2008 SRX in white diamond. LOVE IT! :rocker:...George

Attachments

• IMG_7231R.jpg
    IMG_7231R.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 635
My other car is a 2008 SRX in white diamond. LOVE IT! :rocker:...George

I picked up a 2007 White Diamond SRX in the early October... looks just like your's, George - except mine has the 20" wheels. Did you get the Northstar in yours, George? Mine has the Northstar. Its filthy right now, but when I get it cleaned up, I will take some pictures and post. :wave:

Congrats to all those who have recently acquired their vehicles and we're happy all are enjoying your cars! Your business with Cadillac is very much appreciated! Let us know if you any questions or concerns. Have a great weekend!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

SRX (Three)

I have owned three SRX, the first was a 6 cylinder replaced by an 8 cylinder, both silver. The last one was a black '07 V8 Sports package which I replaced with the '09 DTS as I no longer had a need for the suv.

We drove a 2013 SRX and thought it was a very good car but they did not have a color we wanted and before they found one we drove a 2013 Lincoln MKT. It was so much better than the Cadillac we now have one sitting in our garage.

I own a 2006 infrared xlr and my mom owns the 20120 srx

We have an XLR at our home and a second one at our cottage. The SRX gats us back and forth, a 700+ mile drive. The 2012 SRX replaced an '07 Escalade and is quieter, goes farther between fuel stops, but doesn't have the same snow and ice ability.

We leased the SRX, a first for me after owning dozens of cars, anticipating the introduction of the ELR. Now that more plugin hybrids are coming out we're considering leaving Cadillac for the competition. We switched to Mercedes in 1999 because of a terrible Cadillac experience with a 1998 SLS and didn't come back until my wife saw the Nieman Marcus XLR catalog.

Now the S class has a plugin hybrid coming soon so we'll compare that with the ELR and pick the best one.

Then we await the Ciel, the wife is sold on it already because there's a rear seat to hold her purse.

I know Im reviving an old thread, but I am looking for a grocery geter and the SRX looks like the perfect stable mate for my XLR... What is the general opinion of the SRX from Cadillac owners? Im looking for an 04 to 06 model with less than 120k on her and for $7-$9K. Any thoughts or opinions? :confused:

I know Im reviving an old thread, but I am looking for a grocery geter and the SRX looks like the perfect stable mate for my XLR... What is the general opinion of the SRX from Cadillac owners? Im looking for an 04 to 06 model with less than 120k on her and for $7-$9K. Any thoughts or opinions? :confused:

My mother has 2012 looks nice it's the maroon color. Interior is way better than what they did with the xlr. Leather dash and trim pieces. Leather is nicer with a different color accent stitch. Motor is the same. Probably the whole drivetrain. Love the panoramic roof. I wanted to buy the older version which looks more like a wagon for the wife. Unfortunately they changed the body to what it is now. To me it's just like any other SUV. The older version has the same lines as our xlr's. Hard to find a soccer moms car with low low mileage. They use them. All and all it's a nice car though.

My mother has 2012 looks nice it's the maroon color. Interior is way better than what they did with the xlr. Leather dash and trim pieces. Leather is nicer with a different color accent stitch. Motor is the same. Probably the whole drivetrain. Love the panoramic roof. I wanted to buy the older version which looks more like a wagon for the wife. Unfortunately they changed the body to what it is now. To me it's just like any other SUV. The older version has the same lines as our xlr's. Hard to find a soccer moms car with low low mileage. They use them. All and all it's a nice car though.

I agree with you about liking the older version looks better than the new. I already knew I would be looking at higher mileage SRX's due to my price range. There are some out there with pretty high miles on them which shows that they do last! But Im trying to stay under 120k.

Dennisdek

Does anyone know if i can get at cylinder#5 coil and injector without taking off the valve cover?

What is the feeling with the SRX V8 Northstar ? (engine sound, power,...)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom