Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The New WC - AKA Wives Club

Really nice summation of your CA road trip Pat.

I've been thinking of putting together a trip that starts from the southern border going up the coast to the northern border following CA-1 but what I have in mind is to also stop at ALL the interesting and entertainment sites along the way. Sea World, The Wild Animal Ref. inland close to Santee,CA., San Jose Capistrano, Disney Land, Knott's Berry Farm, The Nethercutt Museum in Sylmar. This museum has one of the largest auto collections of the 1920s and 30s classic cars in the world plus a vintage collection of musical instruments along with one of the worlds largest indoor Pipe Organs that comes up out of the floor and is capable of reproducing any music played on it EXACTLY as it was played by the Organist! Just to mention a few of the many many interesting things to see and do out here on the west coast.

I know this whole trip would take more than a few days so I was thinking that we could divide it up into sections and complete a section per year and have different forum members of each section host their section.
What do you all think?
Got any takers?

Any WEST COAST XLR owners want to start a club called The West Coast XLR Cruzers or something like that?

I would be interested in partaking such a group. :cool: We can't allow the XLR community be defined by the Midwest Marauders, can we?:pat: Did I say that out loud?

By the way your itinerary missed the Peterson Museum in LA. No trip up the coast would be complete without a stop there. IMHO

Hey RA, I think you have a new candidate close to home... hope he likes wine. :chuckle

Whew .... we just got home from a 3,000 mile road trip .... but not in Lola .... but the Escalade ... I am not going to even try to give you mpg/$$ because gas was over $4 from San Diego all the way to Portland area ..... :pat: We had an EXCELLENT vacation and road trips are the only way to go. Sad part was that we were actually just a few miles from Cadillac Tech and Photo Girl, but did not manage to hook-up. And that is the whole reason we decided to take this trip .. Anyway, we did get to see Mswaim/Passion Diva .... we had a great time and of course, they are the best hosts ever, on our way up to our San Francisco location ..... then on up the Oregon coastline, which was beautiful .... stayed in the coastal town of Florence on Hwy 101 .... came back down through the California Central Valley .... which was scenic, but is dry as toast ... there will be a hell of a fire season up there this year .... if not, next year because all of the dry grasses will just be fodder.

Anyway ... we came home and I was going through the mail, and to my surprise, was 'the letter' ..... an offer to buy Lola for 110% over KBB .... plus GMC incentives, plus an oil change .... plus, plus, plus .... says the 'buyer' maintains the offer only until June 2nd as he is going on a 'road trip' .... well, not in Lola ;). Just goes to tell you all that our XLR's are still in demand .... by more than just us! :rocker:

RA, I'm glad you & Ray had a fun safe trip. I wish we could have seen you guys, maybe next time. It sure is a beautiful state, we really enjoyed our visit.:wave:

Hello! First, let me thank you for the card you all signed for Ray and I welcoming us into our new home! We love it here, and now you all have a guest room if you ever want to visit us in the mountains of Ramona. We are about 35 miles from the coast now ... and nestled in the smaller hills just north of the bigger mountains .... it is wonderfully quiet up here .... we can do two things in this community ... ride a horse or play golf :) --- we are about 4 miles from town for groceries/gas in one direction, and about 15 miles in the other direction from the department stores ... this cooking almost every night thing is the biggest downfall. The move did not go smoothly as some of you already know - But! We are in the house now! The golf cart is used everyday ... unfortunately not for golf yet, but because that's the only mode of transportation I need. I pick up the grandboy from school and get in line with the rest of the carts ... it's great. I have not driven Lola in a month. When we go into 'town' we take the Escalade and load it up with what we need, and that is so many things. Downsizing 8 years ago was a breeze - we merely gave everything away - upsizing has been pretty expensive ... we need a lot of furniture to fill this place up. We are excited to live here .... it is so roomy! And we are excited to be able to celebrate Christmas Eve here at our house with all of our friends and family .... in the small house we had not been able to accommodate everyone .... We actually have our first overnight guests coming for Halloween, and although we have no carpets down yet, or family room furniture, we do have a bed for them! Yes, living up here sort of confirms that Lola will be sold. Although Ray thinks driving these twisty turn roads are fun to drive, they are actually pretty dangerous. It rained yesterday and they had 7 solo accidents on Wild Cat Canyon Drive, which is the road to get to our home. I don't care where you live in Southern California, if it rains no one knows how to drive in it. I'm actually thinking about replacing Lola with a Fiat ... I think they are adorable :) Again, thank you everyone (K&B) for the card - it is still sitting on our mantle ... xxoo

I am so happy to hear you are loving your new home. Sounds really fantastic. We are still unpacking boxes, seems like it is taking forever, still looking for certain items which we need and they are playing hide and seek with us.

We did not down size and have too much furniture since we are trying to put three homes into one. It will work as we will not have a guest room in this home. My daughter and I talked it over, with our medical conditions we decided neither one of us is up to doing extra laundry guest would make. Lots of nice hotels and motels in our area.

What is your elevation? Colorado Springs is a little over 6,000 feet, we are perched high on a mesa so our views are also out of this world. Since I had six trees cut down I have a fantastic view of Pikes Peak from my suite. This home is great for entertaining which we hope to be able to do once we are all unpacked. The furniture is pretty much where we want it to stay and everyday I find another place to hang art work and mirrors.

Thanks for the update and do not overdue, your health comes first.

Hellllllooooooo .... who's still out there?

Hi. Just took a short road trip and did a little sightseeing on part of the Route 66. We stopped in at Mr. D's in Kingman, AZ and I was flooded with memories ... great memories ... After I bought Lola and got on line (on another forum which most of us got kicked off :reddevil) I read about an upcoming meet up heading to Kentucky to visit the home of the XLR .... Rendezvous II ..... After a spur of the moment to decided to go to, online friendships began to form .... after a whole lot of anticipation, we left the house and made Mr. D's in Kingman, AZ our first stop on our West Coast Caravan to KY. For the first time I met and made some great friends, who we still see and keep up with on a really regular basis. I will NEVER forget arriving in KY and driving into the hotel parking lot and meeting, and putting names to online screen names .... so many ... you all know you are and what a GREAT time we had there. So much fun that we did Rendezvous 3, 4 and 5 .... wow .... some of the best vacations we ever took. I know the Midwest Marauders still try to get together now and then .... what wonderful memories.

Anyway, I kind of fell of line last year during the buying and selling and moving into a different home .... if you know me at all, you would know packing for a trip is trauma and drama, so packing and moving our household almost put me over the edge ... :lol: We are settled .... Today for the FIRST time in months we drove Lola .... a whopping 60 miles. I love that car ... still get the same ol' thrill every time I see her ..... and I'm still trying to justify keeping her. 'Don't know what to do ....

We are good ... Ray still works a few days a month .... I don't work at all .... the grandkids are all good / my oldest one (22) just moved out on his own and the youngest one (2) keeps me running. The 2 in-between are easy ... We go to tee ball games for the 6 yr old in our country town and spend most of our time making this place home.

Id sure like to read what's up with the original members since I last saw you ....

Like Bruce says .... wishing you Miles of Smiles ..... RA

Lola mom it's great to hear that you still have her even though we never meet personally since we bought Roxy after all the early Ky trips we've love seeing your post on here! Happy to Hear you've settled in nicely at your new location. Please don't sell LOLA we need to meet someday! Great to see your back on the forum! God Bless and have a wonderful life!
Stay in touch we miss your post on here! KEEP ON CRUZ'IN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Last edited:
I'm back too!

RA, we must be on same wave length.....don't think I've been on here for a long time! Need to get back in the groove since Bleu Belle will be seeing a lot more action this year.
LinSue

RA & LinSue, it sure is great to hear from both of you...you have been missed!!! Glad to hear you still have Lola...you two belong together! You & Ray have been a big part of our life since '07...great friends, trips & memories!

RA & LinSue, it sure is great to hear from both of you...you have been missed!!! Glad to hear you still have Lola...you two belong together! You & Ray have been a big part of our life since '07...great friends, trips & memories!

Also glad you guys are back even though I've only met one of you in person - the more the merrier on here too! Happy putting Lola up for adoption didn't work! ;)

Hi. Just took a short road trip and did a little sightseeing on part of the Route 66. We stopped in at Mr. D's in Kingman, AZ and I was flooded with memories ... great memories ... After I bought Lola and got on line (on another forum which most of us got kicked off :reddevil) I read about an upcoming meet up heading to Kentucky to visit the home of the XLR .... Rendezvous II ..... After a spur of the moment to decided to go to, online friendships began to form .... after a whole lot of anticipation, we left the house and made Mr. D's in Kingman, AZ our first stop on our West Coast Caravan to KY. For the first time I met and made some great friends, who we still see and keep up with on a really regular basis. I will NEVER forget arriving in KY and driving into the hotel parking lot and meeting, and putting names to online screen names .... so many ... you all know you are and what a GREAT time we had there. So much fun that we did Rendezvous 3, 4 and 5 .... wow .... some of the best vacations we ever took. I know the Midwest Marauders still try to get together now and then .... what wonderful memories.

Anyway, I kind of fell of line last year during the buying and selling and moving into a different home .... if you know me at all, you would know packing for a trip is trauma and drama, so packing and moving our household almost put me over the edge ... :lol: We are settled .... Today for the FIRST time in months we drove Lola .... a whopping 60 miles. I love that car ... still get the same ol' thrill every time I see her ..... and I'm still trying to justify keeping her. 'Don't know what to do ....

We are good ... Ray still works a few days a month .... I don't work at all .... the grandkids are all good / my oldest one (22) just moved out on his own and the youngest one (2) keeps me running. The 2 in-between are easy ... We go to tee ball games for the 6 yr old in our country town and spend most of our time making this place home.

Id sure like to read what's up with the original members since I last saw you ....

Like Bruce says .... wishing you Miles of Smiles ..... RA

Not one of the original MwM's but as far as keeping Lola, unless you can not afford to keep it then there I no reason to sell it. Just enjoy the drive when you can! :burnout:

Hey, RA!!! Nice to hear from you... where ya been????

I've been keeping up with your progress ... for sure .... !! And glad to hear of your recovery .... what a livinghellnightmare. I'll try to check in more ... I think I've only put about 300 or so miles on Lola in the last year .... I need to get with it .... I miss you guys.

I've been keeping up with your progress ... for sure .... !! And glad to hear of your recovery .... what a livinghellnightmare. I'll try to check in more ... I think I'v

Miss you to!!! Would LOVE to see you in August at the MT Rocket Run!!!!?????

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of our XLR friends .... it would be great if we could replay a couple of the Rendezvous trips .... especially #2 and 3, where we met and formed some life-long friendships. Thanks to you all for your support and love this year ... you will never recognize the Detail Guy ... We miss and love you ... we need a Las Vegas reunion :thumbsup

:biggrinsanta:

xxoo

RA & Ray

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry