Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Hate to say this but it's great top down weather in north fl. Mid 70's here. The only bad thing is high pollen so red car is constantly getting dusted off when I bring her in the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! We stay at the Harrah's in Maricopa when we go visit ... have drove through the neighborhoods and also considered buying one of those homes because ... wow ... this economy has really made them affordable. You will love wintering there .... lots of snowbirds there ..... keep the MT home for your summer home .... tends to get pretty dang hot then .... actually, that's when the "Zonies" come to San Diego ... they are our 'birds' .... Glad you will be closer ... I'm sure we will see you then!

BTW ... not rubbing it in ..... you will see .... you actually will miss some longer periods of cooler days and nights ..... this a day here and there are just teasers.

The house is in Rancho Eldorado Golf community, as you enter Maricopa Rancho Eldorado is on the left with the palm trees on either side of the community entrance.

This never gets old

We have had a lot of rain here during the last two weeks and Crimson Pearl has not been out. Today it was very sunny but somewhat cool at 52 degrees. I had an errand to run about 15 miles away and decided to drive CP.

Very nice day for a drive. On my way home I had to make one last stop at Walgreen's. I parked away from everyone else and about the time I got out of the car, there were 2 guys approaching the car. They were talking about what a beautiful car it was and saying that they had never seen anything like it!

Of course, this never gets old.

They asked what kind of car it was and what it cost and a million other questions as well. I was glad to answer them all.

Took Beauty out today for the same reason, & it was "Corvette connection" day. 1st stop a guy yelled at me "I thought that was a Corvette but it's a Cadillac. Same difference but I'd rather have the Cadillac." If he hadn't been getting into his car to go I would have explained to him it's NOT the same difference - but I just agreed with him on the Cadillac part.

Next stop I had a bright yellow C6 parked next to me when I came out. Owner wasn't around but I'm guessing there was some checking out of the XLR when he/she parked. I did some checking out of the Vette. Still happier with my XLR.

This afternoon was pretty nice here in Roseville. We took the XLR out for a little drive and had a nice lunch. We are both just getting over our colds so it was a top up day.

Came home and gave her a nice bath and a wax job. That is the XLR and not my wife.:chuckle My neighbors were giving me grief that the car was not even dirty. I had to explain that there was a fleck of dust and so it did need to be washed.

Nice day here in PA too got up to about 50, But weatherman says coldest temps yet this winter to drop in tomorrow till the end of the week before warming back up into the low 30's. Calling for highs of 24 degrees on Tues./Wed. :rolleyes: Can't wait for March heading south to Hilton Head SC for our 33rd Anniversary Trip :rocker:

Sacramento xlr owner. Here in Florida we have been having a heavy pollen problem. I washed mine before the pollen set in. I have those California dusters for the car. It hasn't rained here for a long time. So after I take mine out for a drive. I pull her into the garage and run the duster over her. I'm afraid to wash her because the minute I pull her out the pollen sets in. I keep my 06 infrared clean. I picked her up on oct 4th with 20758 miles. As of right now she has just under 23 k (22960). Haven't regretted buying her. Love my xlr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkeye372, yes we are both lucky to live in sunshine states. When I lived in the Sierra Nevada's we had to worry about the pollen. Now that we are flat-landers, we don't have that problem. Sounds like you were lucky to find a low mileage car too. Ours was a purchased from the original owner. It had 19,500 miles when we purchased it and it now has 22,000. It has never been in the rain and I keep it covered when in the garage. I know, a little over the top but then I have never had such a nice ride. There were a couple of MG's in my past but this is a whole different world.

Got about 4" of the white stuff here last night!! Have fun everyone East of me! It's coming your way.

QUICK TEASER
Here in s. central PA saw 66 yesterday and low 60's again today but cold heading back in tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thank Dan

Cold here in Billings, MT... 20 degrees but NO SNOW on the ground. East of here 140 miles though, got 8" last night. Supposed to be back in the mid to high 40's for the weekend and next week.

On Its Way To You

Got about 4" of the white stuff here last night!! Have fun everyone East of me! It's coming your way.

Yup. We sent that storm over to y'all. Dropped 5-6" of snow on us, only a coupla days after it was over 70ºF here. I got the car washed during the warm spell and haven't taken it out since. :chuckle

BTW, it was below 0ºF this morning, when I got up.

Tim

Hey Tim Thx for sending it this way but showing up here as rain with flash floods and dropping only into upper 20's so they say now "I SHOULD OF BECAME A WEATHERMAN RIGHT OR WRONG THEY STILL GET PAID"

Dan

Hey Tim Thx for sending it this way but showing up here as rain with flash floods and dropping only into upper 20's so they say now "I SHOULD OF BECAME A WEATHERMAN RIGHT OR WRONG THEY STILL GET PAID"

Dan

You mean to say that weathermen are sometimes "right"? Oh yea... that's when they are actually doing the forecast while outside... :chuckle:chuckle

brutal cold snap here, and more snow. Well I guess it is Canada but damn I want to get the XLR out!

Ain't that the truth!!!! Since late this afternoon we have gotten about 3" on the ground; supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow afternoon, probably have around 6" total by then. But 41 on Friday, and 49 on Monday... so won't be around for long. :blinzel::blinzel:

Boring ol' weather here .... shirtsleeves - hamburgers, wine, a long walk and an ice cream cone along the beach of the Hotel Del Coronado. Gotta' love where I live :blinzel:.

Got back from 2 weeks in Mexico on Monday morning and it was -33 degrees C here and had snowed at least a foot while we were gone. Seems like we will never get to drive the car again!!!!!
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Got back from 2 weeks in Mexico on Monday morning and it was -33 degrees C here and had snowed at least a foot while we were gone. Seems like we will never get to drive the car again!!!!!
:(:(:(:(:(:(

Talk about thermal shock. Hope you weren't wearing shorts and flip-flops when you landed. Probably ought to check up on your battery and antifreeze, eh? :chuckle

By my calculations, that's about -27ºF. I'm from northern Minnesota, and we used to say that anything colder than -20ºF felt about the same; i.e., damned cold! Take heart. The groundhog says it's gonna be a short winter (Al Gore agrees, BTW). :rolleyes:

Tim

4 seasons

One of the things I love about living where I do is that we truly get 4 seasons. Our winters are pretty mild, but occasionally we get a little snow.

Yesterday it was 62 degrees and sunny. Mid-morning today, it started to snow! We ended up with 3 to 4 inches. Here's a picture of the road up on our little mountain.

DSC00994_zps86f30c77.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back