Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

That snowblower will probably never get used now that your big storm done went by for this decade! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That snowblower will probably never get used now that your big storm done went by for this decade! Lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

And we would both be just fine with that! Hoping it's the perfect lucky charm.

40 Degrees in Northern Ohio - Off to Salvatore's for Dinner

I last drove the XLR on Christmas Day. Since then we have had about 3 good days where I could have driven it on roads free of snow and ice or no forecast of snow or sleet. Unfortunately I had a need to drive the sedan on those 3 days. It's raining today and the temps climbed to 40 this evening. I said to my wife "let's go to Salvatore's (in Vermilion on Lake Erie) for a good Italian dinner." My wife asked "are we really taking the 2 seater - it will get dirty!" as I took the XLR off life support (the battery tender). A lot of water on the roads from the melting snow. It felt so good driving it this evening! More snow in the forecast for this week! Will probably need to put it back on life support tomorrow. Stay Warm!

What's a snow mower? :dunno::laugh::laugh::chuckle :lol: :lol: :reddevil

:wave:

Sunday Morning - 28 degrees and 3" of Snow

I last drove the XLR on Christmas Day. Since then we have had about 3 good days where I could have driven it on roads free of snow and ice or no forecast of snow or sleet. Unfortunately I had a need to drive the sedan on those 3 days. It's raining today and the temps climbed to 40 this evening. I said to my wife "let's go to Salvatore's (in Vermilion on Lake Erie) for a good Italian dinner." My wife asked "are we really taking the 2 seater - it will get dirty!" as I took the XLR off life support (the battery tender). A lot of water on the roads from the melting snow. It felt so good driving it this evening! More snow in the forecast for this week! Will probably need to put it back on life support tomorrow. Stay Warm!

3 inches of snow this morning. XLR back on life support. After a discharged battery on Christmas Day 2010 and experiencing all the problems that go with a discharged battery, I bought a Schumacher SEM-1562A in 2011. This is the 3rd winter I've used it. The XLR fired up strong after 35 days of sitting in the garage and this is the longest if has gone without my driving it. I also use the charger in the spring on my lawn tractor battery.

I also wanted to include this URL if you happen to be in Northern Ohio: http://www.salvatoresitalianrestaurant.com/

Winter storm in the South!

We had one to two inches of snow today here on our mountain in the piedmont of NC. It was a bit too warm for it to stick to the roads, so there were no issues with travel. Today's snow was very pretty with little consequence.

But tomorrow (Wednesday) is expected to be very different! They are predicting five to eight inches of snow accompanied with sleet, freezing rain and ice. Road conditions are expected to be very poor. This storm will come through Atlanta tonight and early morning before it gets here.

No problem for me, I did not schedule any work for today and tomorrow and will spend the day tomorrow in my home office as I did today.

I know that you folks that live further north are always amused that these events cause such disruption here. I spent the winter of 93-94 in central Illinois and know what an Illinois winter is like. Not nice.

But we don't really have the quantity of snow removal equipment down here since these are rare occurences for us. Also, folks down here don't get any experience in dealing with these weather conditions. So for many of us, it's "let's take a day off".

Many years ago, I used to work for the power utility and it would have been mandatory to be at work. Fortunately now, I run my own business and can work from home!

Us northerners just felt you should have to experience it every once in awhile; hence the storms across the Southeast the last two weeks!!:laugh::laugh:

.......................................................................I know that you folks that live further north are always amused that these events cause such disruption here. I spent the winter of 93-94 in central Illinois and know what an Illinois winter is like. Not nice.

Wondering if I can get a trail session here if we get that 14" lol

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Us northerners just felt you should have to experience it every once in awhile; hence the storms across the Southeast the last two weeks!!:laugh::laugh:

When I used to live in Charleston, we considered snow as God's way of telling us "to take the day off".

Wondering if I can get a trail session here if we get that 14" lol
Sorry I was speaking of that V-8 snowblower!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

We finished re-buffing Victor's paint, it's supposed to be 68 today so everybody might get out for a run & to play! :jump: Hopefully it will blow off the remaining buffing dust + towel lint from wiping (haven't washed it yet).

After today's 68 degree spring-like weather, tomorrow it's supposed to snow. :dunno: :bawling: Happy for warm today but I really hate living in the same place & feeling like I've moved from Fla. to the north in a day!

Well it's going to be in the mid 70's today but then the next couple days, after Mondays 30% chance of rain, will be in the 60's the remainder of next week.
But very high pollen count.

It's about 3:30 pm and temps are dropping, but still raining on n off right now! They are still saying changing to snow with between 4"-8" Who the heck knows. Sure not weather people either! Lol
The only job you can be wrong all the time and still get paid! Ha Ha.....

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

It's about 3:30 pm and temps are dropping, but still raining on n off right now! They are still saying changing to snow with between 4"-8" Who the heck knows. Sure not weather people either! Lol
The only job you can be wrong all the time and still get paid! Ha Ha.....

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Love it. The only job you can be wrong all the time and still get paid! Ha Ha.....

Where can I get that job ????

Become a WEATHERMAN!!!!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I said that because then I can give the wrong weather and still get paid. Even though I would be giving the wrong or right weather to the wrong or right people. Lol

Well it's going to be in the mid 70's today but then the next couple days, after Mondays 30% chance of rain, will be in the 60's the remainder of next week.
But very high pollen count.

BORRRINNGGGGG!!!!

You need some winter weather excitement like we have!

I heard youths granddaddy are going to get hammered with snow. Oh well we will get hammered with rain. And turning cool. Low 60's

After today's 68 degree spring-like weather, tomorrow it's supposed to snow. :dunno: :bawling: Happy for warm today but I really hate living in the same place & feeling like I've moved from Fla. to the north in a day!

About the same here.

We did all our chores yesterday so we could take Crimson Pearl out today. It hit 72 here and is predicted to drop into the 30's tomorrow afternoon with some possibility of precipitation.

We like the Carolinas because we get all four seasons here.

But not usually in just two days.

Kinda understanding how Rod/MT Rocket feels in the spring!

Even here winter this year has been bad & LONG. Plus whenever it has warmed up, it's rained. Finally this weekend we have two rain-free mid-70's days in a row, so I took Beauty out for a top down run with the music blasting! It was euphoric! - kind of like Rod talks about with his first spring run - FINALLY set free & it was awesome. So I understand the feeling a little better! :D:D:D

Not gonna talk about the mid-40's high forecast for Wed. ... :bawling:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back