Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

The Weather Channel

Top Down at Sunrise

It may have been a little warm and humid last week but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Northern Ohio, 78 degrees at 6:15 am on the way into work. TOP DOWN all 5 DAYS! In 3 years I've done it maybe a total of 5 times. The road runs North so I could watch the sunrise to my right over the Ohio fields.

Attachments

• SUNRISE 1.jpg
    SUNRISE 1.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 237
Well everyday now for the past week, we have had rain off and on. Topless baby needed a light wash. So today was more of 30% chance today. The end of the week and weekend will be around 50-60%. So she had a quick hand wash and dry. Then I went to dress the tires and rims. But I must have run out of the cleaner I spray on the rims last time I washed. So today she got a half tire dressing from "tire shine". ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374794127.392060.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376529057.509809.jpgso glad my baby was in the garage. The only thing is, praying that the garage roof didn't spring a leak. She has her top off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds.

The Santa Ana's blow from East to West (desert to the sea). The Midwest will never get them.

Santa Ana v. Santana

Back in the early 60's, a newspaper in Los Angeles (LA Times???) ran an article titled something like, "Boy, is Saint Ann Mad". It dealt with the confusion of folks from the east, new to the LA area and not familiar with Spanish, who thought the "Santana" {Satan} winds [hot, from the desert] were "Santa Ana" {Saint Ann} winds, because the city of Santa Ana is located south-east of LA. Therefore, the hot easterly winds blowing in to LA from the general direction of Santa Ana had their name changed thru ignorance. Today, even the Weather Bureau officially calls them "Santa Ana" winds, perpetuating the error. :bash:

It irks me every time I hear it or read it. :willy_nilly: I really have to work on my tolerance.... Ohmmmmmm.....:nono:

Tim

The Santa Ana's blow from East to West (desert to the sea). The Midwest will never get them.

Back in the early 60's, a newspaper in Los Angeles (LA Times???) ran an article titled something like, "Boy, is Saint Ann Mad". It dealt with the confusion of folks from the east, new to the LA area and not familiar with Spanish, who thought the "Santana" {Satan} winds [hot, from the desert] were "Santa Ana" {Saint Ann} winds, because the city of Santa Ana is located south-east of LA. Therefore, the hot easterly winds blowing in to LA from the general direction of Santa Ana had their name changed thru ignorance. Today, even the Weather Bureau officially calls them "Santa Ana" winds, perpetuating the error. :bash:

It irks me every time I hear it or read it. :willy_nilly: I really have to work on my tolerance.... Ohmmmmmm.....:nono:

Tim

You're not alone Tim, I remember when the weatherman on TV first called them 'Santa Ana's, then everyone went along with him because he had gone to college so people THOUGHT he knew what he was talking about!:reddevil there called SANTANAs people!:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil:reddevil

Tim

While working for the GumMint, I transferred from the East Coast to the West coast in 1974. I lived in Southern California for 13 years. All I ever heard the winds called were Santa Ana's. :confused:

Things change over the years and old tails don't always get passed along. :beerchug:

Yeah, MarkSki, by the time you moved to CA, the error was well established. It was recognized in that article from around 1962±.

Tim

While working for the GumMint, I transferred from the East Coast to the West coast in 1974. I lived in Southern California for 13 years. All I ever heard the winds called were Santa Ana's. :confused:

Things change over the years and old tails don't always get passed along. :beerchug:

Yeah, MarkSki, by the time you moved to CA, the error was well established. It was recognized in that article from around 1962±.

Tim

Tim that's what I mean when I said things change and old tails don't always get passed along. My wife is from Newport Beach and she remembers the correct wording.

I zing her once in a while and call it Costa Mesa instead of her Coast-ta Mesa. :D

praying for no rain next friday

Well, called my detailer that i ,along with some of my neighbors use, and the guys can work my car in next friday. Hope it doesn't rain and hope that nothing superstitious goes on. Since it will be friday the 13th. Also hopefully it'll stay clean so i can take her to the cruise-in the next day. The cruise-in is every sat a month. But this particular one is the closest one to me. The rest are in areas of jacksonville that i would not be found in. + they are around 45-60 miles away in unsafe neighborhoods. So like i said, praying that it doesn't rain next weekend

It's a "FALL WAKE UP CALL" in Pa early this morning in the upper 40's with very low dew point and low humidity! Also notice some leaves falling on the ground already where did SUMMER go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Love bug

Oh no. In Florida it's love bug season again. So if anyone is planing on traveling down here. Just fair warning. Don't go topless unless u want to pic love bugs out of your interior area. :lol: Or be prepared to continually was your babies every week. :lol: Oh if you do go topless then be sure to keep your mouth shut. No smiling or you have a mouth full of bugs.

Between my schedule & the weather, Beauty hasn't been on a top down drive in a while. Happy sweet Nov. to me, beautiful afternoon & 71 degrees so I soaked up the sun for a while! Played some Corsa music for a top down silver C6 Vette - he probably didn't care but it made me feel good!

Tomorrow it's back to chilly.

Amy, it's good to hear that you had fun drive. Hopefully you'll have a few more good weather days.:cool:

Received a call from Rod & Cindy today inviting me to join them for lunch in Castle Rock. Drove up with the top down and enjoyed spending a few hours with them and having lunch. Rod is looking really good and we had a great time catching up. I had not seen them since they were here in 2010. Looking forward to the Montana trip next August and hope to see them in April when Rod has his next check up in Denver at the burn center. We talked about Lola's mom and Kent hoping they will make the Montana trip

Fall has arrived in the Tarheel State!

I took this picture when I walked up to the paper box this morning.

Fall has definitely arrived in the Tarheel state!

Planning a little ride in Crimson Pearl this afternoon to look at the leaves, possibly "top-down"!

Attachments

• DSC01143.jpg
    DSC01143.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 218
Winter in Indiana

Central Indiana is under a Winter Storm Warning...expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow, then the temperature will be 10 to 15 degrees below zero on Monday & Tuesday (windchill: 30 to 45 degrees below zero). Bottom line: it's going to get nasty!

The highways are packed with cars heading south. But the sad part was it was busier in the north bound lane. all the south bounders you could tell which ones were from the north,.because their cars were covered with salt and grime on the sides of their cars. here in north florida it'll be 25*F for the low on monday night. then tuesday the high will be only in the mid to upper 30's. but 2 apps that i have running on iphone 4s says something different every day i look. :dunno: Dam weatherperson :(

Central Illinois is under the 8-12 inch snow warning as well. 9 PM on Sat night and still dry and balmy.

I plow the road and all of the neighbors and friends with the Backhoe. Since it is going to get real cold, I installed a block heater today so the diesel would fire when needed. Anti-freeze changed and heaters plugged in on the truck and backhoe.

Should be ready.

Bob

Snow

It's still snowing........have around 9 inches of snow on the ground. The Mayor of Indianapolis has asked businesses to remain closed tomorrow due to the extreme cold and the blowing & drifting that is headed our way tonight. Fun, fun.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom