Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Tires and mileage

MarkSki

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Thunder Grey XLR
I had two Mitchelan tires installed in May and two installed in June. These were Pilot Sport A/S 3. The two that I had installed in June have 7/32 of rubber left and these two are on the front. These tires have 16,000 miles on them.

The two that I had installed in June had thread cord showing in the outer section of the right rear and the left rear had 3/32 thread left. These tires had 14,000 miles on the

Who is using what tires and what type of mileage are you getting out of them?

I thought a 2000 XK8 Jaguar was hard on tires having to replace them at 20,000 miles. I thought a Caddy would be much better but it's either the tires or the car just eats them.

I'm not much of a spirited driver, no jack rabbit starts and not many twisty roads, I've really taken care of this XLR. I have an 88 Vette for spirited driving.

Thanks a lot!

I installed a set of these last April and have had no adverse issues. They still look new, although I've only amassed 7500 or so miles on them to date. Each tire has looked fine at rotation time. Michelin has a pretty strong warranty... perhaps your tire dealer/source could be of some assistance with the premature wear issues.

Well I'm getting to the point of probably getting new tires on my 2006. Have been on 2 websites for tires. Discount auto has a set of Pirelli centurato for a price of all 4 would be around 676.00 with a extra tms rebuild kit 30 and out the door 841.02
This is 70 k mile warranty
Or the ones that I have on already are p Nero
624 with out the door price of 785.34
With 40 k warranty
Then suntire

P235/50R18
$457.88 for 4--Sumitomo HTR A/S P02 BSW *45K Warranty
$568.12 for 4--Nexen N5000 Plus BSW *65K Warranty
$767.40 for 4--Toyo Proxes 4 Plus BSW *50K Warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!