Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

To those of you with aftermarket exhaust

cam99

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
Has anyone just went to an exhaust shop to have aftermarket mufflers installed, or have you all done a premade cat back? The best price on the magnaflow catback I have found is about 1200. I can have a local shop install magna flow mufflers and tips for probably less than 500. Are there any dyno tests to show the improvement of the full catback? If it's basically just improved sound I think I'll just save the extra 700 and do mufflers. Thanks.

Has anyone just went to an exhaust shop to have aftermarket mufflers installed, or have you all done a premade cat back? The best price on the magnaflow catback I have found is about 1200. I can have a local shop install magna flow mufflers and tips for probably less than 500. Are there any dyno tests to show the improvement of the full catback? If it's basically just improved sound I think I'll just save the extra 700 and do mufflers. Thanks.

I have the Corsa system on my 2005. What convinced me to go with Corsa is the "drone" that comes out on most performance mufflers when cruzin' at 55-65mph. With the Corsa - there is no drone - cabin is pretty quiet when cruizing normal speeds. But when you romp on it - oh you hear all the ponies singing. I'm very happy with my Corsa system - I got mine for about $1,400 last summer... and honestly - my favorite "upgrade" I did. Worth the money - to me.
Just my opinion. I really think it is a personal choice (and financial as well). Good luck.

I have the Corsa system on my 2005. What convinced me to go with Corsa is the "drone" that comes out on most performance mufflers when cruzin' at 55-65mph. With the Corsa - there is no drone - cabin is pretty quiet when cruizing normal speeds. But when you romp on it - oh you hear all the ponies singing. I'm very happy with my Corsa system - I got mine for about $1,400 last summer... and honestly - my favorite "upgrade" I did. Worth the money - to me.
Just my opinion. I really think it is a personal choice (and financial as well). Good luck.

thanks for the feedback. i am for certain going to do some manor of exhaust, the exhaust is to quiet for my taste.

Magnaflow drone

I tried the magna flow and they sounded great when you get on it but the drone was really bad at 40-65 mph I even tried some resonators just before the mufflers and still had the drone. Changed out to flowmasters and they were still too much drone. I would try the Corsa do not waste your time and money if you do not like the drone.:cool:

Corsa exhaust (P/N 14156) from gmpartsdirect.com: $1362.30 plus shipping. Might end up being a better deal.

You'll love the sound --especially when you pull away from a light next to a winged Subaru with twin fart cans droning their senses into oblivion. Absolutely priceless. --For everything else, there's Mastercard.

CC :wave:

I have found a shop that will install a Corsa system $1700 and Volant CAI $500 Both installed for $375. My question is what is the "Mild to Wild" how does it work and can it be added to the Corsa system.

I added the MTW module last weekend. It is a simple tie-in to the harness in the trunk (driver side). It includes two remotes that activate the on/off wirelessly... and it can be tied in to the visor garage/security/gate activator on some models. I use it more for novelty than anything else, but it DOES work to open and close the baffles. The drone exists when open, but it's kinda fun to play with at traffic lights and parking lots : )

I have just the Flowmaster mufflers. It cost me around $500 for both mufflers installed. I love the aggressive sound, however the drone is pretty loud from 40-65 mph, but I like it. I can see how it could get on your nerves on long trips, but my radio is usually on blast on long drives.

Let me know if you want a video with sound and I can probably arrange it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom