Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Top Alignment issue - rear deck panels

lucky_topher

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Raven Black XLR
I took the car to get tinted today, and after he had done the side triangle windows, we tried to put the top half way down to do the rear window and it got stuck. Haven't had any problems like this before with the car, the top always worked fine. Put the top back up and the panels behind the seats didn't sit correctly and one of the trim pieces had popped out... not sure what happened, can't see or figure out how to fix the non-aligning piece (it is happening on both left and right)... is there a DIY for alignment or is it all done only at a dealer? The tint shop is going to make this right, but it's my friend's shop so I'm trying to best help him out, and if it's something we can do ourselves to prevent a costly dealer visit, that'd be great... any tips?

nOfNJ.jpg

nOfNJ

The picture looks like it's just the vinyl trim piece that popped out - it should pop back in and its no big deal.

Aligning the top is scary stuff. I think I might have a GM DVD somewhere that explains a little about it, but it's still a SCARY procedure. You can imagine the damage that could be done if everything doesn't operate perfectly.

You might be better off going to the dealer - maybe one (or more of the sensors needs to be replaced). I've left the top 1/2 open many times (it makes it easier to clean the windows!) a number of times for varying amounts of time with no problems.

The picture looks like it's just the vinyl trim piece that popped out - it should pop back in and its no big deal.

Aligning the top is scary stuff. I think I might have a GM DVD somewhere that explains a little about it, but it's still a SCARY procedure. You can imagine the damage that could be done if everything doesn't operate perfectly.

You might be better off going to the dealer - maybe one (or more of the sensors needs to be replaced). I've left the top 1/2 open many times (it makes it easier to clean the windows!) a number of times for varying amounts of time with no problems.

Hey HG:
Where ya been? How's your sister doing??

no, the rear deck vinyl piece is not rising up and isn't all the way in correctly, not just that vinyl connector thing :/

no, the rear deck vinyl piece is not rising up and isn't all the way in correctly, not just that vinyl connector thing :/

I would say this would be a dealer concern... I know I would not even think about attempting any top adjustment.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom