Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk Lid

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
Is there a way to partially open the trunk deck lid or at least control the opening of the lid i.e. half way or so.

In some cases I have a situation where the ceiling height is low and if the automatic buttons are used the lid will hit some tracking which is attached to the ceiling, damaging the paint or even the brake light.

Except for pressing the automatic opener button under the dash and by pressing the sensor on the trunk lid.

Can it be controlled by opening it by using the KEY in the rear bumper.

Yes... you can open the trunk using the key in the rear bumper, but you have to then lift it manually. It will take some effort to lift the lid, but there is no way to keep it open unless a wedge of some type is used between the trunk floor and the lid to keep it open to the desired height.

I use the fob to open my truck while standing behind the car and reach in and press the close button in the truck as it's opening which stops the truck from opening yet does not close the trunk. than pressing the butting a second time closes the truck.

This is very successful in low clearance areas.

JT

I did a little test myself and with my fob I opened the trunk and pressed my fob button about 1/2 way up and the truck stopped opening and held firm... kinda risky but with some practice you should be able to get a partial open for low clearance situations.

I did a little test myself and with my fob I opened the trunk and pressed my fob button about 1/2 way up and the truck stopped opening and held firm... kinda risky but with some practice you should be able to get a partial open for low clearance situations.

Huh... didn't realize this. Guess I'll have to try it as well...

I tried it, it works. But, if you press the trunk button a second time too soon it will close the trunk. So, getting the right height everytime will take a little practice.

glad it works (with a little practice) better than replacing a broken brake light...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom