Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Trunk up; button on underside of trunk lid not opwerating

kenai

My XLR/V(s)
2004 crimson pearl
Hi All - trunk opens fine but to lower button on trunk lid (underside) not lowering trunk. is there some checks i should make; what tool removes the plastic buttons that holds the carpet around the trunk switch?....any fuses there that could be an issue. rises fine...thxs kenai

Hi All - trunk opens fine but to lower button on trunk lid (underside) not lowering trunk. is there some checks i should make; what tool removes the plastic buttons that holds the carpet around the trunk switch?....any fuses there that could be an issue. rises fine...thxs kenai

The same fuse (10A, F32) controls the parking brake hold relay. That is the only two things that fuse is used for. Is the parking brake working correctly?

Last edited:
If not the fuse, the close switch is quite inexpensive and pretty simple to replace as well.

To remove the button from carpet hole. On the right and left sides plastic tabs that grip to spread out and grip to the metal on the inside , start on one side pull down with a small screw driver slowly until you can work it out a little bit at a time. Check the fuse first if it is not blown check to see if the plug is tight into the back of the button! Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Not sure if this is a fix or not, but I had the same issue and cycled the windows and seems to reset the top/trunk. I have a 2004 with know sensor issues and I believe the trunk just 'forgets' whether it is open or closed and won't close on its own. This has happened only twice, so expecting that this is an infrequent glitch. I also used the top button to close the trunk, then went through the window cycling process. Trunk has not had the issue since. Here is a link on this site that describes the procedure. There are folks much more knowledgeable than I am, so I'll let them verify this if this is a good or ineffective procedure. https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...ssion/3071-initializing-windows-post6972.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try cycling the top two or three times and then re-test the switch.

CC :wave:

Try cycling the top two or three times and then re-test the switch.

CC :wave:

Also make sure all vents are shut and the low pressure blower is online! :lol:

:patriot:

Trunk closed - not sure how thou

Sprayed some electronic cleaner on switch and gave it some time being up. It working fine althou I am not sure what did the trick so I am wary it is solved. When it worked, the switch which had to be hot, felt like it had more resistance behind it... no clues here but it is working...txs kenai:dunno:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom