Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Tuner

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
I am contemplating the purchase from D3, a header set and air intake setup, to complement my Corsa exhaust. They have advised their tune box will not suffice for the job.

I will need a tuner to remap the engine control in my XLR V. I live 75 miles North of NYC. Can anyone recommend such a shop? Or must I travel to the midwest or elsewhere to get the job done??

Thanks.
Rusty 06 V

To bad you dont live close to Phoenix. I have the full D3 intake and the Corsa Ex and they did a woderfull job at Lund Cadillac. I hear people come from far and wide for there performance mods. I first went the way of Wait 4 Me tunes HORRIBLE ! I would stay away from them. Good luck and let us know how you make out. TED

The trip doesn't bother me much, for a quality job. I am just fearful of driving the car that far without the retune. Holed pistons etc. etc.

To bad you dont live close to Phoenix. I have the full D3 intake and the Corsa Ex and they did a woderfull job at Lund Cadillac. I hear people come from far and wide for there performance mods. I first went the way of Wait 4 Me tunes HORRIBLE ! I would stay away from them. Good luck and let us know how you make out. TED

Not saying that these cars are anything like a vette but you should see if their is any knowledgable vette guys"tuners" around you. There has to be some speed freaks in or around n.y. Any tuner is gonna look air to fuel ratio and maximize it through out the entire rpm. At least with a experienced vette guy they might have a better understanding of the ECM, and the xlr. I've read about Jesse in Warsaw Indiana he's done a members car on the forum I'm sure he'll chime in sometime.

I am contemplating the purchase from D3, a header set and air intake setup, to complement my Corsa exhaust. They have advised their tune box will not suffice for the job.

I will need a tuner to remap the engine control in my XLR V. I live 75 miles North of NYC. Can anyone recommend such a shop? Or must I travel to the midwest or elsewhere to get the job done??

Thanks.
Rusty 06 V

Since you're in NY, call Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester - looks like he's about an hour away from you.

Corvettes of Westchester

I recommend you call him, not email... he's actually very nice, and very patient.

He tuned my XLR-V last month when he was visiting Houston, TX and doing an event at Vararam... he's one smart mofo...

I also have the D3 stage 1 & 2 intakes along with a corsa exhaust... I also have D3's headers as well... he did a killer job on both my engine tune and my trans tune. I highly recommend him.

Air intake

Thanks, Chuck it is!!
Anyone have an opinion about what happens to my GMPP warrantee with these intake and exhaust mods?

Since you're in NY, call Chuck at Corvettes of Westchester - looks like he's about an hour away from you.

Corvettes of Westchester

I recommend you call him, not email... he's actually very nice, and very patient.

He tuned my XLR-V last month when he was visiting Houston, TX and doing an event at Vararam... he's one smart mofo...

I also have the D3 stage 1 & 2 intakes along with a corsa exhaust... I also have D3's headers as well... he did a killer job on both my engine tune and my trans tune. I highly recommend him.

The fastest STS-V I know (Ryan and I have almost identical mods) goes to Fasterproms.net. Fasterproms.net's head tuner, Jeremy, is from Tampa fl but comes to Harrisburg, PA 5-6 times during the spring, summer, and fall. He is in pa right now.

Thanks, Chuck it is!!
Anyone have an opinion about what happens to my GMPP warrantee with these intake and exhaust mods?

In my experience, it depends on the dealer you take it to... I've had dealers refuse to service my GMC truck because it didn't have the original wheels on it... despite the fact that they were official GM wheels that were installed at the dealer (at huge premium I might add so I could preserve the warranty).

And the next dealer who doesn't care what you have on the car...

So it just depends... ultimately, I have all the original parts so I can put it back to original if I need to take it in for something major (like the folding top)... my GMPP major guard expires in 2014 so I hope if something breaks it happens soon. :)

Air intake

Thanks to all. for the help in my queste. I really appreciate it.

Rusty

xlr v

In my experience, it depends on the dealer you take it to... I've had dealers refuse to service my GMC truck because it didn't have the original wheels on it... despite the fact that they were official GM wheels that were installed at the dealer (at huge premium I might add so I could preserve the warranty).

And the next dealer who doesn't care what you have on the car...

So it just depends... ultimately, I have all the original parts so I can put it back to original if I need to take it in for something major (like the folding top)... my GMPP major guard expires in 2014 so I hope if something breaks it happens soon. :)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom