Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Two missing items

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Of course I've come to love my '06 V and am learning more about it each day since purchase in mid-February. My "research" has uncovered two items which are missing... or I haven't found them yet.

There was no cigarette lighter in the socket and it hasn't shown itself. I don't smoke and it's really no issue as I tend to use the plug for other items, but I'd sorta like to have an original lighter. Also, the small wrench used for retracting the top without power seems to be missing, as well.

Someone mentioned somewhere in a forum that the wrench was no longer a dealer item. I've checked ebay to no avail. Any suggestions? Most any aftermarket cig lighter would fit, I suppose, but I'd like to have an original issue. Could that still be a dealer item? Suggestions? Thanks much!

Most any aftermarket cig lighter would fit, I suppose, but I'd like to have an original issue. Could that still be a dealer item? Suggestions? Thanks much!

If you can't easily find one, buy an aftermarket and send it to me, I'll send you my original. It is not something I care if it's original, but I get it, if it bugs you.. It will keep bugging you.. Sometimes liittle stuff like that makes me crazy.. :rocket:

As far as the wrench is concerned... my only suggestion would be to keep watching on Ebay. That's where I found mine; sooner or later, one will pop up for sale. In the meantime, a T-15 torx screwdriver and an 8mm allen wrench will do the job.

Thanks for the suggestions/offers! I've emailed a seller on ebay to see what they say. I'm not gnashing teeth over the lighter, but will keep the search process active. Good tip on the wrench alternative!

Update: Sourced original issue lighter at local GM dealer, but his system confirmed no dealer in the nation had the wrench, as previously mentioned. I'll go the "two-tool" alternative route (and hope it never has to be used : ) If anyone draws a bead on the original device I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom