Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Va. Beach/Outer Banks XLR Trip May 3-9, 2015

YES!!!

Sounds like a great trip!

There should be quite a few XLR owners that can make this trip. A single days drive puts this in reach for so many.

Thanks for putting this together!

Lots of great things to see and do in the Norfolk area and what a treat to visit the Outer Banks area too.

You can count on Alexis and I being there in Crimson Pearl. :thumbsup

This past May, there were a couple of days in the upper 60's and a few in the upper 80's all in the same week. :dunno:

Typicality it's in the mid to upper 70's.

I think this would be a great time of the year to do this(no tourists,kids still in school):D AL

People traveling in from the west, this would be a nice opportunity to drive some of the Blue Ridge Parkway.:wave:

If you want to continue from there with a scenic drive, you can take Route 460 out to the beach. Not for the 100 mph club & there's lots of little towns along the way where the speed limit drops way down from the usual 60 mph (aka speed traps) so you have to pay attention, but it's a pleasant country drive. Less hectic than 64 & what we always use going back & forth to the western part of the state. It's 4 laned which helps too. :wave:

Last edited:
If you want to continue from there with a scenic drive, you can take Route 460 out to the beach. Not for the 100 mph club & there's lots of little towns along the way where the speed limit drops way down from the usual 60 mph (aka speed traps) so you have to pay attention, but it's a pleasant country drive. Less hectic than 64 & what we always use going back & forth to the western part of the state. It's 4 laned which helps too. :wave:

I checked 460 on the map,perfect, all the way to va. beach,forget the interstates.:D AL

Well sound like a great trip. But I wish it was closer to Florida. I have a big trip coming up and I need to save funds. [emoji29] otherwise I would've jumped at the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can wave at Waynesboro, as you go past where the two roads meet. We lived there, about a hundred years ago, and it was my family's first experience with segregation and discrimination. A lot's changed since then, generally for the better IMO.

The Blue Ridge "Foothills" are quite pretty, as I recall. They sort of remind me of a parking lot full of dark green Volkswagens. :laugh:

All kidding aside, it's a really nice part of the world, and we greatly enjoyed our time there. Rich in history.

Tim
(Sorry for the Colorado bias...)

People traveling in from the west, this would be a nice opportunity to drive some of the Blue Ridge Parkway.:wave:

good point also the skyine drive.:cool: AL

I'm liking the sound of this one....

The more I read the more anxious I become...lol. This sounds like a great drive with tons of activity with more than enough advance notice to boot... I think I'm in.

The more I read the more anxious I become...lol. This sounds like a great drive with tons of activity with more than enough advance notice to boot... I think I'm in.

Great! So good to see some of the newer members signing up, & us "East Coasters" would love to meet you!

Amy (I tag team with Mike on this)

Stuff happens fast when you are not online for various reasons!

This sounds like fun, we will have to reschedule our return from Florida to make this work as we usually don't get home to Ontario until the 2d or 3rd: plus the XLR will need to be checked over and driven a bit to make sure nothing weird happened during it's hibernation.

So if I am reading between the lines correctly, the first hotel for Sunday thru Tuesday nights then the other one for Wednesday thru Friday nights?

So for now I am a 'hopeful' but I really want to be there......

Stuff happens fast when you are not online for various reasons!

This sounds like fun, we will have to reschedule our return from Florida to make this work as we usually don't get home to Ontario until the 2d or 3rd: plus the XLR will need to be checked over and driven a bit to make sure nothing weird happened during it's hibernation.

So if I am reading between the lines correctly, the first hotel for Sunday thru Tuesday nights then the other one for Wednesday thru Friday nights?

So for now I am a 'hopeful' but I really want to be there......

Yes, you are correct on the days. It would be great to see you and Steve again. :wave:

Congrats on your upcoming 35th wedding anniversary!

Amy and I hope you and Wendy will be able to join the XLR run after your celebration. :wave:

Well we managed to get it all rearranged today! We will arrive in Myrtle Beach SC on Sat. May 2nd for our 5 day stay and leave there on Thursday morning to head up to spend that evening until Saturday's departure track home with all of you! Its about a 5-6 hr drive so we should be arriving by around check in time of 4 pm.
Are you planning on a group dinner Thursday and / or Friday evening for our group?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Well we managed to get it all rearranged today! We will arrive in Myrtle Beach SC on Sat. May 2nd for our 5 day stay and leave there on Thursday morning to head up to spend that evening until Saturday's departure track home with all of you! Its about a 5-6 hr drive so we should be arriving by around check in time of 4 pm.
Are you planning on a group dinner Thursday and / or Friday evening for our group?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

That's great!! :beerchug:

Yes, Amy and I plan on having group dinners lined up nightly but it's not mandatory. :wave:

That's great!! :beerchug:

Yes, Amy and I plan on having group dinners lined up nightly but it's not mandatory. :wave:

Well Tapatalk had a like button which seem to disappear!
So "LIKE"

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

East bound and down...

Great! So good to see some of the newer members signing up, & us "East Coasters" would love to meet you!

Amy (I tag team with Mike on this)

Looking forward to meeting and making new friends...

Looks like a fantastic trip; hope lots of people can make it!:wave:

Welcome to the forum & the trip Joe! If you're posting, then you have successfully joined the forum (if I understand your question correctly).

We look forward to meeting you! - if you want to tell everyone more about yourself as a new member, you can do it here: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/new-member-introductions/.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions about anything (trip, car, etc.) - everyone here is happy to help. :wave:

Welcome to the forum Joe and you can register your car on here too! Enjoy your XLR We look forward to meeting you!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry