Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What are the key service intervals?

fastforward

My XLR/V(s)
The owners manual basically indicates service at 50K and 100K. I got a note from the dealer stating I was due for 40K service. What does that entail and do you do it? I figured I was good with just oil changes and air filters.

Anyone take their XLR in more frequently for service? I only drive highway miles.

Thanks

You may need to clean the throttle body bore. Check/replace the cabin filter. Check air filters. You could do a brake fluid change/flush. That's about it. There isn't a fuel filter to change (it's in the driver's side fuel tank).

You could change the transmission filter and fluid around 50,000 miles. If you do, install Dexron VI transmission fluid. You could also do a drain and refill of the cooling system and replace the thermostat.

Bruce :wave:

You may need to clean the throttle body bore. Check/replace the cabin filter. Check air filters. You could do a brake fluid change/flush. That's about it. There isn't a fuel filter to change (it's in the driver's side fuel tank).

You could change the transmission filter and fluid around 50,000 miles. If you do, install Dexron VI transmission fluid. You could also do a drain and refill of the cooling system and replace the thermostat.

Bruce :wave:

Thanks Bruce.

Any thoughts / concerns about installing the M2W exhaust switch mentioned in another thread?

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom