Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What are you getting your XLR for RamaHanuKwanzMas?

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
...Or any other holiday you might be celebrating? :santa454:
Misty is getting a new embroidered hood liner, a new engine cover, a new sill cover (since the original one mysteriously broke at the dealer:ugh:), and new tires. That reminds me, I need to give Bruce my credit card number for the sill plate and engine cover..... unless I try to paint the engine cover to make it look better.

I found the hood liner on eBay. A dealer in Atlanta had them custom-made and had 1 left over; it has the Cadillac and XLR logo on it. It looks like the deck liner, but with a larger logo. It's like this one, but with XLR on it instead of STS.... if I inserted the picture properly.

That hood cover is verrrrrrrrrrry cool ....

Ray tried to re-paint our engine cover .... it didn't turn out well ... well, it looked okay .... but the factory finish is superior. The dealer replaced ours under warranty because the clips on the underside were snapping off from Lola being in for so many complaints. :pat: That was right before R3.

Very cool hood liner Rich. Can't wait to see her all decked out with all the new goodies you have been doing to her. Tiffany will be jealous. Tiffany will be getting a new set of tires before the trips in the spring. Also my extended warranty is coming up shortly so that will be another expense.

Very cool hood liner Rich. Can't wait to see her all decked out with all the new goodies you have been doing to her. Tiffany will be jealous. Tiffany will be getting a new set of tires before the trips in the spring. Also my extended warranty is coming up shortly so that will be another expense.

You'd better not let Missy Bling find out you are spending more $$$ on Tiffany.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

You'd better not let Missy Bling find out you are spending more $$$ on Tiffany.:lol:

Bruce :wave:

Yeah ... ya' know ... shoes for Tiffany, shoes for Missy Bling .... Extended warranty for Tiffany - Extended spending limit for Missy Bling .... All's fair ... :blinzel: :laugh: (You go, Girl!)

Hi, my name is Bruce and I'm awaiting your CC info.
Yeah right, wrong Bruce again.
Anyhow, I got new Llyod mats & mat protectors for Ondrya. I'll buy some more stuff after the holidays.
Bruce - not the tech

Can't be outdone by everyone!!

Santa is bringing new Lloyd mats for the X and his helper (me) is pondering new wheels and tires before RIVer Walk next May. Little Woman will have to wait for her own X until the economy gets better:rolleyes::rolleyes:

We did help Ford out this month, trading the F150 in for a new '09 Expedition for our winter driving needs.

The Expedition is such a nice SUV .... my daughter has always driven one - I swear it holds a whole soccer team! My 2nd favorite car that I ever had was an Explorer ... I loved being up high over the traffic when I was working and driving the freeways. Now, I love sitting low and passing all of the traffic! :lol:

Well, here's the thing on 1 XLR in the family .... Ray has an MB and the truck .... Lola was mine ..... the MB is in the driveway UNDER a carcover .... and guess who drives Lola 75% of the time??? :rolleyes:

Wow!,,,, Two mentions of Expeditions in the same thread. Who on here says that Detroit doesn't build what we want!

What I did not know, that I heard on the news yesterday is that the 2 best selling autos in America are US products ..... #1 the Ford F-150 and #2 the Chevy Silverado .... I would have never guessed. And there you have it ... :blinzel:

Under the Christmas Tree the "Gold Ghost" will find a rear sway bar, new custom Lloyd mats, drilled and slotted rotors, new doors sills (that I will attempt to make into illuminated door sills), and then I will custom paint my engine cover. This spring I will be adding a new wheel and tire package.

:cool:

It would be nice to see a picture or two of these new gifts on your cars ....

Lola didn't get any new bling :( for Christmas, but her Detail Guy got plenty of cosmetics for her in his stocking!

He even got a new "spin" lug brush! :lol:

What I did not know, that I heard on the news yesterday is that the 2 best selling autos in America are US products ..... #1 the Ford F-150 and #2 the Chevy Silverado .... I would have never guessed. And there you have it ... :blinzel:

Which supports Markie's position that Detroits enemy is not foreign competition; it's Detroit!!

Speaking of losers; two of the Big Three got their first taste of the Bailout (your) money!

Who wants to bet, much like a new heroin addict, they will become so addicted to the taste, even methadone won't feed their addiction. :reddevil

XFireXLR, how are you doing with the lighted sills? I'd love to see pictures if you were successful.

Here's a pic of the embroidered hood liner - it was finally warm enough to install today! I'll probably get new clips to hold it on and cover them with some of the leftover material so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

XFireXLR, how are you doing with the lighted sills? I'd love to see pictures if you were successful.

Here's a pic of the embroidered hood liner - it was finally warm enough to install today! I'll probably get new clips to hold it on and cover them with some of the leftover material so they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

The economy has slowed me down a bit and I have not received my "bailout package" from Obama yet....lol.:cool: Working on new rims,tires, drilled & slotted rotors first then the illuminated sills. The illuminated sills should look great, I have them installed on my Crossfire Roadster Limited. by the way the hood liner looks great.

Well being a transplant from NJ I won't hold it against you for being from LI.
Are you going to use plexiglass sills with lights underneath to alluinate them? It's tough to see in that pic what you used and I might have missed your story on how you did it. Just wondering, and it looks great.
The economy has slowed me down a bit and I have not received my "bailout package" from Obama yet....lol.:cool: Working on new rims,tires, drilled & slotted rotors first then the illuminated sills. The illuminated sills should look great, I have them installed on my Crossfire Roadster Limited. by the way the hood liner looks great.

Well being a transplant from NJ I won't hold it against you for being from LI.
Are you going to use plexiglass sills with lights underneath to alluinate them? It's tough to see in that pic what you used and I might have missed your story on how you did it. Just wondering, and it looks great.

The illuminated door sills on my Crossfire are OEM Mopar and sold by Chrysler. They are also available from a vendor listed here on our forum.:cool:

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/customer/product.php?productid=38395&cat=3213&page=1

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom