Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

What do you get with the Infrared paint code?

XLRATING

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR (Beauty); 2008 GT500 (Beast); 2007 Black XLR-V (Victor)
I'm trying to figure out what exactly a paint/body shop gets when they order paint with the 80U/WA301N code.

At one point when we had something painted on Beauty, the shop gave us 2 leftover containers of paint. One is labeled "Base coat" & has 379E BC (presumably for "base coat") G-7 written on it. The other is labeled "mid-coat pearl" & has 301N MC (again, presumably for "mid coat") written on it.

I then read this thread https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-v/5057-paint-color.html, & became completely confused over tri-coat/not etc. Does anyone have any info on this? I'm wondering if it's base-mid-regular clear, tinted clear, or what. By the way, I wouldn't be surprised if the 379E is "wrong," because the paint we have may have come from when we painted the engine cover, & I know the shop did something a little different with it to account for the heat.

When I painted mine after the rebuild, the 80U paint came as a single color, no mid-coat tinted clear. After the base color, I clearcoated with a urethane two-component clearcoat.

Thanks Rod!

As I suspected, the 379E was off base - it's the '04-05 Crimson Pearl from what I found. I'm thinking the shop "knew" there was supposed to be some pearl-like color involved & used that as a guess.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom