Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Where art thou PINK XLR(s)

S

Sandy

I have seen a few Mary Kay Pink XLR(s) running loose here & there.
HOWEVER, when I looked at the individual paint color totals for each year of the XLR, there is no count reflecting the Mary kay Pink color.
The totals do in fact add up perfectly even with the Cadillac Divisions model yearly totals, but herein on each model year's listing, there is no total for that pink color. How can that be ??
Does anyone know?

I have seen a few Mary Kay Pink XLR(s) running loose here & there.
HOWEVER, when I looked at the individual paint color totals for each year of the XLR, there is no count reflecting the Mary kay Pink color.
The totals do in fact add up perfectly even with the Cadillac Divisions model yearly totals, but herein on each model year's listing, there is no total for that pink color. How can that be ??
Does anyone know?

My understanding is that, under contract, GM sends the "white" Cadillacs (any model) to a special vendor for painting the Mary Kay cars. Once the lease is up - the contract requires the cars to be painted back to the white factory color. I have seen some "former PINK Mary Kay Cadillacs on eBay and cars.com - they are now white. I can't remember where I read it, but it was an article somewhere.

I have seen a pink XLR on the road. It just does not look right!

Bob

Google:

"A special pink

Moreover, Mary Kay's Cadillacs are not white sedans wearing a couple of coats of aftermarket pink. GM and Mary Kay jointly developed the current shade of pale pearl pink. It has become such an integral account that at the Detroit Hamtramck Cadillac plant, a separate line has been set up for Mary Kay, Dudley-Parham said."

Link: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/business/articles/0806biz-pinkcadillac0806.html?&wired

Pretty interesting although from a few years ago.

I'm with you Bob ..... Didn't like that pink Corvette at MAM either.

Thanks !

I read your remarks and I appreciate your replies.

IF (big word) IF they repaint white or black ones, then
the totals for all year XLRs for white and/or black, are in error.

Before,
they made it that the cars HAD to be repainted, I bought a really nice 1989 Sedan deVille Mary Kay Pink, that was sitting on a used car lot.

Allthough it had only the standard equipment, and not a single option, I loved that car! But as a 43 Y,O, man all I got was teased, and verbally put down. I sold it for super cheap. Last week I almost lost it! I spotted a new XLR in M.K. PINK. But I know they have to be repainted now.... so I cannot get one. At age 64, now, I do not care what anyone has to say, but now...can't get one. Well thanks again !
(I wanted to surprise my wife of 29 years with one)!!
~ Sandy

so I cannot get one. At age 64, now, I do not care what anyone has to say, but now...can't get one. Well thanks again !
~ Sandy

You can get them, I've seen a MK Pink XLR on EBay before.. It was listed by a lot in Chicago and it was a few years ago.

I read your remarks and I appreciate your replies.

IF (big word) IF they repaint white or black ones, then
the totals for all year XLRs for white and/or black, are in error.

Before,
they made it that the cars HAD to be repainted, I bought a really nice 1989 Sedan deVille Mary Kay Pink, that was sitting on a used car lot.

Allthough it had only the standard equipment, and not a single option, I loved that car! But as a 43 Y,O, man all I got was teased, and verbally put down. I sold it for super cheap. Last week I almost lost it! I spotted a new XLR in M.K. PINK. But I know they have to be repainted now.... so I cannot get one. At age 64, now, I do not care what anyone has to say, but now...can't get one. Well thanks again !
~ Sandy

Hey ... Elvis had a Pink Cadillac! A couple who is part of this forum actually bought the one they used for a movie about him. ..... Just sold that beauty .... I saw it at their home in Albuquerque .... do you think anyone would tease Elvis???

BTW .... did you read that link? The cars are NOT repainted.

Gee, I wonder how that happened ?:dunno:.The one I spotted was in New Jersey, just about 5 miles from my house. A woman was driving - and driving it fast !! It stands out for sure.

BTW .... did you read that link? The cars are NOT repainted.

Actually, the article in the link confirms what I had read before - "After the lease expires, Mary Kay requires GM to repaint each car something other than pink before it's sent to auction."

Actually, the article in the link confirms what I had read before - "After the lease expires, Mary Kay requires GM to repaint each car something other than pink before it's sent to auction."
I think you and I are on different pages, Dave .... I was refering to when they are built and painted :)

Yes, I was in a big hurry, Lola, and I wrote that B-4 reading what you wrote. However..... from time-to-time I have seen a MK Pink Caddy on a used car lot, wearing pink, for sale. Of course, it's 98% of the time a Sedan deVille ! I have NEVER seen a STS in pink, and only that 1 fleeting glance recently of the hardtop convertible.

Another PINK XLR

I saw a Mary Kay Pink 2009 XLR on Monday in Burlington Ontario. Unfortunatly I was headed into a gated parking lot and it was headed out at another gate. :willy_nilly:

I do have a friend who has been a MK rep for years and sent her an email tonight to see if she knows the owner so I can talk to her, I will find out the details about the car.

I have to agree that pink would be far-from my choice for colour on this car :squint: but it sure gets your attention. :blinzel:

I think Cadillac relaxed the repainting rule, probably because the XLR is no longer made. The owner of the Car Wash I use near my office, has one sitting there in the summer time. I inquired about it and he told me it was his mothers car. She had the opportunity to purchase it after the MK lease ended, so she bought it.

Dose anyone know if this original from factory like this or was it redone in this fashion???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I seem to recall that someone posted a photo here on this forum of a Mary Kay pink XLR that was seen in Chattanooga, TN.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom