Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Who is going to bite on this one?

Did this special edition come with the letters N M on the hood?:dunno:

If you look close on the hood picture it looks like N M right above the grill in the center. If that's where they were placed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Did this special edition come with the letters N M on the hood?:dunno:

Those are emblem letters they sell at your local parts stores. They are not factory Cadillac doesn't have that bad of taste. Looks terrible! Pricey too

If you look close on the hood picture it looks like N M right above the grill in the center. If that's where they were placed?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I've seen a lot of add ons and mods. Some I like, some not so much. They are all good in the eyes of the beholder, so do what you want to your own car. That said, IMHO this has to be worst thing I have ever seen done to an XLR. Kind of sad to see such a thing on such a rare car. Done by someone who collects cars to sell as a hobby?? Things like No More or Never Mind come to mind.

$_57.JPG

I saw a worse one - "Caddy Vette" letters where this one has the NM, lots of vents, & it was a base but has the same stick on letters with "430 HP" on the side (oops, think you meant 440 if you were trying to be a V!). I've never seen so much lettering on anything.

Again, to each their own but it was for sale & all that's gonna make it tough I think.

You want to see ugly? Here are a few XLRs that that prove money can't trump taste:

I submit, "The Blue Bomb, "The Rootbeer Beast, The Fake Wood Fail, and the all-time worst execution of an XLR abomination, "The God Father XLR" which keep popping up from time to time and never seem to get sold, for some reason.

CCC

Attachments

• A52BA0FD-5B8C-428B-9BBE-742950E68349_7.jpg
    A52BA0FD-5B8C-428B-9BBE-742950E68349_7.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 442
  • A52BA0FD-5B8C-428B-9BBE-742950E68349_20.jpg
    A52BA0FD-5B8C-428B-9BBE-742950E68349_20.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 400
  • Root Beer Fail 1.jpg
    Root Beer Fail 1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 493
  • Fake Wood 1.jpg
    Fake Wood 1.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 436
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 549
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 447
You want to see ugly? Here are a few XLRs that that prove money can't trump taste:

I submit, "The Blue Bomb, "The Rootbeer Beast, The Fake Wood Fail, and the all-time worst execution of an XLR abomination, "The God Father XLR" which keep popping up from time to time and never seem to get sold, for some reason.

CCC

That root beer one looks like its has a body kit on it. I would need to see it at different angles,but those vents in front of the rear wheels looks pretty good. I believe the c6 has something similar. Those wheels are awesome. Just gold ain't my color. Looks good on that scheme though. i dont know why people put V badges on a base. If anything take them all off so no one knows. Bad placement too:dunno:

Last edited:
I see the guy with the 'Blue Bomb' must have been so embarrassed that he removed the front Cadillac badge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's your winner! From Autotrader, & the seller threw in a picture of a STS interior trying to pass it off as his (I know because I use to have one):

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 433
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 609
Wow! Never would've thought that (some) XLR owners had bad taste, but I guess I was wrong. :(

Desecration...

Here's your winner! From Autotrader, & the seller threw in a picture of a STS interior trying to pass it off as his (I know because I use to have one):

That is a damn shame.... Wow. Do these people have any idea how the value of these precious vehicles plummets when you turn them into circus clown cars? That looks ridiculous. Is he a member? I'd like to ask him what he was thinking.

I'm really surprised that it still has the factory wheels! I don't know about the hood vents and painting designs, but I think the other things should be able to be made back to original XLR! Still agree! CADDY VETTE
WHY? WHY? WHY?

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Great concept.......

What a sweet, awesome LQQK! Could be my first mod to the XLR!

Yes,,,,,I'm joking....
pat.gif

WOW.... I bet that the artwork in Red would look super neato bithcen on my Grey hood! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom