Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

wiper problem

?????? Rain sensing mode? This car is too much.

I suppose next you'll tell me I can turn off that dang follow distance on the cruise control. That is really annoying.

You can't turn it off, but you can adjust the distance!!

I suppose next you'll tell me I can turn off that dang follow distance on the cruise control. That is really annoying.

Well, you could turn off cruise control, but if want to continue to use it you are able to adjust the distance between cars before it begins to slow you down. I think that's a pretty neat feature, I miss it very much as the "V" has only standard cruise. :mad: Pay more--get less!

Floyd (BB)

Yep, when your in the rain sensor mode if it detects moisture dampness or rain it will automatically go on, but don't forget to take it out of that mode when you go through the car wash. Brushes, those hanging rags that swipe the car dry, etc. can damage the wipers.
We didn't say it was perfect.
Another surprise is when it just takes one swipe while the sun is out and is dry. Bug smear time.

thanks for this thread... had the same problem today... 1 trip to o'reilly's and 1 $12.99 relay later, I'm back in business!

I figured it was the relay or the motor, but since low&high worked fine that it was a relay... replacing 1 first try instead of several with multiple tries = WIN!

gathering

Where is the information abojut the San Antonio gathering posted?? Can't seem to find any.

Rusty 06 V

Glad you like our Cadillac Tech .... we all LOVE him .... if you want to show your gratitude come join us at our Rendezvous in San Antonio next month and meet him in person ... (take a well-deserved bow, Bruce...:worship:) We love new owners. :love:

My bad, I failed to notice this note was made in the SPRING! Duhhhh
Not an upcoming event, a past event. No wonder I couldn't find it in the calender!:pat:

Rusty

Glad you like our Cadillac Tech .... we all LOVE him .... if you want to show your gratitude come join us at our Rendezvous in San Antonio next month and meet him in person ... (take a well-deserved bow, Bruce...:worship:) We love new owners. :love:

I am not a tech, but I believe the wipers are supposed to run at varying speeds. I was told that there is a sensor that can tell how much water is on the windshield and automatically adjusts the wiper rate to accomodate increasing or decreasing amounts of rain.

I am not a tech, but I believe the wipers are supposed to run at varying speeds. I was told that there is a sensor that can tell how much water is on the windshield and automatically adjusts the wiper rate to accomodate increasing or decreasing amounts of rain.

This is correct, Cadiblak. The wipers do adjust according to the amount of wetness that is on the windshield at any given time.

Thanks Cadillac Tech. I just had the exact problem, and the fix was relay #45 as you posted. My relay #45 (Wipers ON/OFF) and #41 (Wipers HI/LOW) are the same 5 pin relay (15328865) - dealer didn't have one and tried to tell me it is a 4 pin relay. Went out and got mine, and his helper found the exact one "in an old harness" in the shop. Put it in and everything works - and they gave me the relay. What a deal.

Thanks again.

2005 Cadillac XLR | XLR (VIN Y) Service Manual | Document ID: 1724271 <HR>
<FORM onsubmit="javascript: return true;" method=post name=CellHandlerForm action=/si/cellHandler.do>#PIC3761: Wipers Will Not Park - keywords inoperative mist park switch windshield wiper - (Nov 8, 2005)

999999995.gif
<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Subject:</TD><TD vAlign=top>Wipers Will Not Park</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100>Models:</TD><TD vAlign=top>2004-2006 Cadillac XLR </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=100></TD><TD vAlign=top>2005-2006 Chevrolet Corvette </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

<HR>The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1724271&from=sm#ss1-1724271">Condition/Concern:

Some customers may state that the wipers will not park after using the wipers in any position. The customer may also notice that when using the mist button, the wipers will stop when the switch is released and mist function will not continue to wipe windshield and park.
Recommendation/Instructions:http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1724271&from=sm#ss2-1724271

Check the wiper on/off relay (relay #45) in the Underhood Buss Electrical Center (UBEC) and make sure that the relay is properly secured into the socket of the UBEC. If the relay is secured, try a good known relay from a good known vehicle and replace as needed.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
<TABLE width="95%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="80%" align=left>GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

</TD><TD width=42 align=middle> </TD><TD width=167 align=middle>WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​
© 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
</FORM>

Yes. See my post above. Relay 45 was the problem.

Welcome to the forum!!!!
I am sure that Bruce will chime in upon his return.

What we do on our trips is to FedEx our luggage ahead and enjoy our trip top down and do the same on our return trip.

:cool:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back