Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR get together this year !!!!

scott8060

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 XLR/V, Arctic White, Cashmere interior
Hi All Scott Schmidt here - I would love to have the opportunity to plan an XLR get together here in West Virginia this year. There are a ton of great roads with all sorts of great places to stay. One of my favorites being Snowshoe Mountain Resort. Please send me some feedback. With enough interest I will start the gears going
for a meeting. Look forward to hearing from as many of you as possible !!
Regards,
Scott Schmidt
2008 XLR-V:blinzel:

Having grown up out towards WVa, I think that would be a great idea & kudos to you for wanting to take on planning it. Doesn’t get much better than mountain twisties & views!

When were you thinking of doing it? There’s the 15th anniversary get-together in September, you’d probably want to avoid conflicting with that. :wave:

Spring or early Summer would be good!

I did some investigating of scenic drives in W.V. last year and there are lots of good options.

W.V. is fairly close for lots of members here.

get together

I am open for any suggestions. I am retired so generally speaking anytime I get out of the house is good for my wife - LOL
Where is the 15 anniversary thing your talking about?

I am open for any suggestions. I am retired so generally speaking anytime I get out of the house is good for my wife - LOL
Where is the 15 anniversary thing your talking about?

It’s in Bowling Green, KY (where the current Corvette plant & where XLR’s were made) the last week of September, to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of when XLR’s started being manufactured. Here’s a link to info, you should come! (good extra wife escape! - although you could bring her too :dunno:): https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/bowling-green-reunion-15-years/

Is this the Virginia that puts you in jail for going 30mph over? :dunno:

Different Virginia. THIS one puts you in jail for going either 20 over or more than 80 mph (even if that is less than 20 over). Either one automatically means you’re reckless. :naughty:

LOL, a good thing to tell people before they make plans to visit the state. I was driving through one of those Virginia's on the way to North Carolina and read a story on a blog about a guy doing weekends in jail for that. I'm pretty sure I was going that fast at least once or twice. LOL. And I had a radar detector which I believe is illegal too?

Different Virginia. THIS one puts you in jail for going either 20 over or more than 80 mph (even if that is less than 20 over). Either one automatically means you’re reckless. :naughty:

LOL, a good thing to tell people before they make plans to visit the state. I was driving through one of those Virginia's on the way to North Carolina and read a story on a blog about a guy doing weekends in jail for that. I'm pretty sure I was going that fast at least once or twice. LOL. And I had a radar detector which I believe is illegal too?

Yep, radar detectors are illegal & get confiscated. I think they’ll get shipped back to you, but it’s COD & I heard a story once many years ago that they include a brick to increase the shipping cost.

That said we don’t have police with camouflage hiding in the woods running radar (Md) or cameras taking photos of speeders (DC). But don’t speed here. Don’t even think about it ...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom